Sign in to follow this  
Blue1

Dedicated - cant Administrate? I don't get it...

*SOLVED*

GSP did finally react. Not exactly sure if it was a (serversided)Port-Problem or due to the "multiple Arma3Server on 1 Box limitation issue" / moving my server on another Box.

thx.

----

Hi there,

just bought a dedicated Server and everything is (pre-)installed and seems to run - so far :(

I've read/viewed all tutorials and googled my *ss off... as im kind of new to that hosting stuff...

but everything i found were Threads are for "Server on same Machine than Client"-Issues

- A3TestServer.cfg is exactly like in the Tutorial-Thread.

- The "Map.PBO" i want to host is in MPmission folder on the Server (i tried others too)

so... i see my server in Gamespy, Name is correct, Ping is good, everything okay...then i connect

- Server seems to read the A3TestServer.cfg as he prompts me for the Serverpassword to join.

and after that - i should get Admin with writing the (cfg-)specified #login password in the chat.

But nothing happens after that, just the empty green loadingscreen doing nothing.

I tried nearly everything from the listed commands.

So... How do i get a Map started when i connect? The class Missions in *.cfg didnt work :(

How (code?) and where can i specify my ID as the Admin as soon as i connect?

*Edit - even reinstall and Standardsettings (as delivered) doesn't work :(

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thxalot!!

Edited by Blue1
*solved*

Can you post your startup parameters ( -server -wastedland/server.cfg etc...) and your server.cfg

Ill take it a look and let you know if I see an issue.

As per getting the map/mission started, it is a matter of;

a) having it selected when the first user joins the server

or

b) having it specified in your server.cfg

class Missions

{

class YourMission // Mission Name

{

template = "YourMission.Stratis"; // File Name without the pbo extension

difficulty = "Recruit"; // difficulty

};

};

Hi Nightsins,

thx for your help!

Just did the 3rd fresh reinstall (by button from Marksmod)

So the params are:

-server -config=MarkMods.cfg -nosound -nosplash -ip=188.40.97.185 -port=3302 -netlog -profiles=Profiles\3302

MarksMod.cfg (Standard)

// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname         = "Dedicated! / English KKZ Teetime Warfare / AI on / High Income";   // As seen in the Gamespy Browser
password         = "xxx";    // Comment out if no password required
passwordAdmin    = "xxx";          // Password to become server admin. 
reportingIP 	= "arma3pc.master.gamespy.com";
VerifySignatures = 2;  // Important security setting

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[] = {
   "Welcome dedicated Teetime Server"
};
motdInterval = 5;              // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES

maxPlayers		= 48;	// Maximum amount of players.

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers	= 1;    // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold         	= 0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin, new map

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN         	= 0;	// If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality     	= 8;	// Quality from 1 to 10
persistent         	= 1;	// If 1, missions still runs on even after the last player disconnected.

i tried class Missions like that (with the File inArma3a/MPMissions/ )

// MISSIONS CYCLE
class Missions
{
class TeeENGrc2KKZv3
{
template="TeeENGrc2KKZv3.Stratis"; 
difficulty="Recruit";
};
};

with no effects :(

I had a short talk with another Marksmod Customer, that said, after clean install the 2 COOP Missions should show up, as soon as you connect.

But they aren't in the MPMissions folder and i cant do anything else, but write in the Groupchat (#login xxx with no effects ...).

Thx again for your help.

best regards!

Sometimes (when you're alone on the server?) there is no clear indication if you're logged in as admin or not. Try typing #missions after logging in, and see what happens.

Sometimes (when you're alone on the server?) ..... Try typing #missions after logging in, and see what happens.

- Server seems to read the A3TestServer.cfg as he prompts me for the Serverpassword to join.

Nobody else has the Serverpassword at the moment, so yes i am usually alone with that =/

and after that - i should get Admin with writing the (cfg-)specified #login password in the chat.

But nothing happens after that, just the empty green loadingscreen doing nothing.

I tried nearly everything from the listed commands.

3 dozen times...

but thx so far.

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

well...found something else,....

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7978

"and spams the rpt with these kind of error messages: 2013/05/02, 17:13:15 Server error: Player without identity ...."

my RPT files are full with that too - but now im missing the conclusion as feedback says: Problem solved (well not solved but issue closed)

What to do?

:/

Strange.

Your server.cfg looks fine, your startup params are fine as well, a little overboard but meh, doesnt matter.

Try this for your start params:

1) make a folder in your A3 root directory and name it MarksMod

2) place your 2 cfg files there. Now that you have a cleaner & more organized root dir for a3 add the following to your a3 startup params:

-server -config=MarksMod\MarkMods.cfg -cfg=MarksMod\basic.cfg (add the following only if you need too) -port=3302 -profiles=Profiles\3302

Is there a reason why you are not running your server on the default 2302? And you don't need that IP in there.

This is what I am getting from you:

Server is online, ports are good and allowing you too join. However, when you join there is no missions and when you type '#login passwordhere' it does not return w/ 'logged in as admin' If that is the case then that means your server.cfg isn't being read or your server is loading the wrong config.

You can not start the game due to no MP missions. So this does sound like it could be the mission it self, the location of the mission isn't being added to the A3 server when started, the mission is not read/writable (chmod for *nix or read/write for windows)

Wish I could help you man but I am stumped...

What we can do is: I can send you my all config files with mission file. what you have to do is place config files in arma 3 alpha directory and upload mission to your MPMission folder in arma 3 folder. Start your server and you can see if it is working or not. It should work fine cuz it works for me. cheers, pawel

First i want to thank you all for your help!

It very looks like as the GSP is having problems with his setup, trying to host multiple Servers on his Machines / is not (like advertised) able to provide a working service.

(Remember: i just wanted to host 1 Server, not multiples, thats why i have choosen a GSP- not a Rootserver.)

As i didn't get any reply from GSP Support by now, i guess he will at least respond to Paypal refund...

So i stop trying/testing etc. for the moment and start looking for other options to host.

thx again mates, best regards!

***SOLVED and updated initial***

GSP apologized and added compensation days for the lost time.

Edited by Blue1

What we can do is: I can send you my all config files with mission file. what you have to do is place config files in arma 3 alpha directory and upload mission to your MPMission folder in arma 3 folder. Start your server and you can see if it is working or not. It should work fine cuz it works for me. cheers, pawel

Can you just upload and show here the config files and link to misison from armaholic?