mr. bravo

Swedish Army Mod 3 (SAM)

In case the mod-makers haven't checked it, and for everyone that's interested in the Swedish Defence there's an our long documentary in SVT (only in Swedish, I'm afraid):

Vad hände med försvaret?

I watched the video. Very interesting.

We have recently begun using the mod in our community, so expect some feedback and bug reports! Looking forward to the Galten so we won't have to walk everywhere!

• Like 1

Hello and thanks again for this splendid mod! Now that we've played a while with this, I've come up with this list of smaller improvements that should improve the mod. I've tried to organize it best I could.

#1 First off, let's talk about the Ak5. It looks very good, but have some flaws; mainly, the sound. When firing the rifle, it sounds very low pitched. It's missing the "pop" that can (and should) be heard in other rifles. It makes it sound muffled in a way. There is also this reverb effect going on. It makes it sound like I'm firing inside a large empty hangar, even when I'm outside. The muzzle sound is too long, or you're not using the "tail" system correctly. I don't know, I'm not a sound professional. I've put a comparison video below. EDIT: Now that I watch the video, I also noticed that the muzzle flash is very small. I don't know if that's intentional, but it kinda looks weird.

#2 The reloading sound also has a small, but not as important, issue. It's too loud, especially the click at the end. It's very high pitched as well, making me almost want to take off my headphones when reloading. Watch the comparison below and you'll understand exactly what I mean.

#3 Another thing that is not sound related, but related to the rifle, is the viewing position of the Aimpoint scope. Particularly the ironsight on top of the aimpoint has a zoom level when aiming, which often results in me only using that option since it gives better visibility. Here's a comparison between the two aim modes.

CTVowsg.png

That's what I had on the Ak5. Seemingly unimportant problems at first glance, but they are reducing the quality of an otherwise top-notch rifle that we use every day!

#4 The 7.62 49Rnd and 7.62 99Rnd for the MG weighs exactly the same! The 99Rnd should be twice as heavy as the 49Rnd for logical reasons.

#5 Also weight related, the Remington shotgun, that barely have any weight at all. It even weighs less than the smallest SMG!

mX4JrhT.png

#6 The FFV545 Illum and FFV469 Smoke both says Type: 84mm Smoke round and acts accordingly. The Illum round actually pops smoke.

ZmXmwEn.png

#7 This is something that's quite annoying as a mission maker. The backpacks are pre-filled with stuff. I know there is an empty variant, but I'd like tailor my own loadouts, which is not possible with the class specific backpacks (we want those class badges on our loadouts!). This also means we cannot use the awesome 4x missile tube thing, since we're using another mod for the launchers, and it's packed with the wrong missile type. I would suggest that you empty all backpacks, and only fill them in your pre-made SWE units.

That's all for now. I hope you take this into consideration, because we love the mod and only want for it to be the best possible!

• Like 2

Wo, well thank you sagentitled for nice feedback with good information on every "bug"!

1&2: the sound will be looked at to see what we can do to make it even better! (we are still new in the sound department ;) )

3: fixed!

4,5,6: haven't even noticed that so great info will be fixed!

7: Empty rucks will be added in all variants!

As said great feedback, others should take note! :)

• Like 2

For me the KSP 94 seems a little to big/long or out of proportion. I know that stuff is hard to do cause you cannot meassure it ingame but beeing a german soldier and having to to with the German counterpart mg3 I can say with good heart. Its to big.

For me the KSP 94 seems a little to big/long or out of proportion. I know that stuff is hard to do cause you cannot meassure it ingame but beeing a german soldier and having to to with the German counterpart mg3 I can say with good heart. Its to big.

Well it´s shorter then the KSP58/m240 from Bis and the Ksp94 ingame model is 1.3 Meters long. So like 8 cm longer then the real version. :)

A little smal update after some vacation and travel in Asia. This is to all you guys that can´t hit your enemies with Iron sights and need some help. ;) And to all the Germans out there that has been begging me for it for like months :D

The First view of the KSP94/MG3 Railsystem (WIP). Different colorversion will also be the next step. Other updats are animated GRT Lunchers, And Swedish UN. Also My version of the classic M45 Gustav.

• Like 6

Cool stuff lads. All looks the usual quality  :)

It's nice to see that you're back up and rolling again! I'd like to request that you add mounting points for bipods on the Ak4's if that's a possibility. Also, versions of the 1X and 3X aimpoints without the sun blocking net would be a great alternative as it's kinda useless in the game (even though it looks cool).  :)

It's nice to see that you're back up and rolling again! I'd like to request that you add mounting points for bipods on the Ak4's if that's a possibility. Also, versions of the 1X and 3X aimpoints without the sun blocking net would be a great alternative as it's kinda useless in the game (even though it looks cool).  :)

bipods for ak4 will probably not be a priority for now, havnt seen any ak4 with bipods in active service somewhere or on images and the ak4 model we have is older and not made by us so until we take the time to make our own, new additions to it most likely wont come.

Aimpoint without the net is already finished so it will be there ;)

• Like 1

Awesome stuff guys.

hello when the new mg3 be published? it will take a long time? :rolleyes:

My only question: is why a M113?

It was never used by the swedish armed forces :P

Sure they bought one for testing it out, but they saw that they had to modify it too much so they got the PBV 302 instead from Hägglunds.

My only question: is why a M113?

It was never used by the swedish armed forces :P

Sure they bought one for testing it out, but they saw that they had to modify it too much so they got the PBV 302 instead from Hägglunds.

It´s a "easy" model and i had it laying around and other people want it too, so having it to try to get the feeling for vehicles in the Arma engine. The three real big ones is also laying around and waiting ;)

That RG32!, is the most beautiful thing iv seen in arma in a looong time!...... Seriously props to you guys all your stuff looks great!

Ignore, i was tired. My bad 

Edited by G. Joel
My bad

7 hours ago, G. Joel said:

Are there any dates for new updates on this?

Against forum rules. Honestly surprised you haven't picked up on that after hundreds of people make that mistake

Thought i whould drop som feedback/ideas.

1. AG90?

2. Snow camo (Uniforms)

3. Ra 180 with TFAR/ACRE support?

4. Pskott 86. (in the works?)

5. Protector (RWS) for the TGB16?

6. A version of the IRV sight (CQB). "picture"

7. Change the scope sight on the Hensholt 10x scope 90b to the actual Hensholt(similar to the LRPS in arma 3) with static 10x.

Current:     7etgp49.jpg

Suggested:VGeqsm6.jpg

8. Pistol 88 (in the works?)

9. Static weapons, ksp88(in the works?), ganatspruta 40mm, GRk m/41(m/94 strix)?