mr. bravo

Swedish Army Mod 3 (SAM)

Been waiting a long time for this to release and it has been worth every single minute. Superb quality and attention to detail. Thanks for all your hard work and effort.

I just noticed this mod.Personal I'm not a Swede and I don't know much about Swedish Army but I like the equipments of Swedish 'cuz I'm a big fans of Medal of Honor and I like the SOG in that game.

Nice to see a new mod of Swedish Army,and may I ask are you going to made some SOG units(or maybe some SOG units already in this mod?).

And I remember there's also another Swedish mod in this forum,and I remember they've done some vehicles in their mod,so are you the same team?

hey could you guys please be so kind to add a mg3 / KSP94 with rail on topcover? and may release it as standalone addon (no must have)?

Ah man love those targets, I remember those!

New mod v0.1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Mr. Bravo;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Great mod ! Weapons are brilliant, combined with the map Bornholm, it's fantastic !

What is missing is the RG32M to support the troops in my opinion.

Thank you everyone and especially Armaholic and SIX for hosting!

I just noticed this mod.Personal I'm not a Swede and I don't know much about Swedish Army but I like the equipments of Swedish 'cuz I'm a big fans of Medal of Honor and I like the SOG in that game.

Nice to see a new mod of Swedish Army,and may I ask are you going to made some SOG units(or maybe some SOG units already in this mod?).

And I remember there's also another Swedish mod in this forum,and I remember they've done some vehicles in their mod,so are you the same team?

Thanks! There are special units available, currently mostly just defined with some more accessories and Helmet 100. More proper variants of soldiers will be coming when we have new proper models for it, as these are just placeholders.

Swedish Army Mod has been around since 2010 actually, back in Arma2. This is just the first official version for Arma3 :) I assume the other project you are thinking of is SFP. Some of us have been working on that project in the past, but we decided to do our own thing (For various reasons I'm not going to bring up here again).

hey could you guys please be so kind to add a mg3 / KSP94 with rail on topcover? and may release it as standalone addon (no must have)?

Sweden don't have rails on their KSP94/MG3 as far as we know, and it's actually rarely used on foot. So it will not be part of this mod. It's completely up to Zsalheden who made the model if it could be released as standalone. Just a note however, it should work to just use the sam_core.pbo and sam_ksp94.pbo of our mod, if you don't want the rest ;) Same goes for most other weapon-systems as well. It's supposed to work like that anyway, but I don't believe it's been tested for a while, so I'm not making any promises.

Great mod ! Weapons are brilliant, combined with the map Bornholm, it's fantastic !

What is missing is the RG32M to support the troops in my opinion.

RG32M is in the workings and will be one of the first vehicles we'll release. Impossible to say when though, but it will be there soon enough :)

Thank you everyone and especially Armaholic and SIX for hosting!

Thanks! There are special units available, currently mostly just defined with some more accessories and Helmet 100. More proper variants of soldiers will be coming when we have new proper models for it, as these are just placeholders.

Swedish Army Mod has been around since 2010 actually, back in Arma2. This is just the first official version for Arma3 :) I assume the other project you are thinking of is SFP. Some of us have been working on that project in the past, but we decided to do our own thing (For various reasons I'm not going to bring up here again).

Sweden don't have rails on their KSP94/MG3 as far as we know, and it's actually rarely used on foot. So it will not be part of this mod. It's completely up to Zsalheden who made the model if it could be released as standalone. Just a note however, it should work to just use the sam_core.pbo and sam_ksp94.pbo of our mod, if you don't want the rest ;) Same goes for most other weapon-systems as well. It's supposed to work like that anyway, but I don't believe it's been tested for a while, so I'm not making any promises.

RG32M is in the workings and will be one of the first vehicles we'll release. Impossible to say when though, but it will be there soon enough :)

Cool,both the two mods are great and I'm looking forward to see the following vehicles in your WIP plans soon.And if would mind,I would like two use both your mod and SFP mod in the same time for now 'cuz they already have some vehicles I need for my coop unit.Cheers!

Sweden don't have rails on their KSP94/MG3 as far as we know, and it's actually rarely used on foot. So it will not be part of this mod... .

*hmpf* really? not even if i say please and handover my first born? it would really add up for playability. especially on maps were you have to fight 500m+

i mean it is possible but u need a spotter to be efficient. but netherless your mg3 is the best model for arma i have seen and i will use it more often now^^

*hmpf* really? not even if i say please and handover my first born? it would really add up for playability. especially on maps were you have to fight 500m+

i mean it is possible but u need a spotter to be efficient. but netherless your mg3 is the best model for arma i have seen and i will use it more often now^^

Well I'm not making any promises about it :P The reason to why we have KSP94/MG3 in Sweden is because they are mounted on our tanks (Leo2), and as far as I've heard it's just the crew of those vehicles that are trained to use that gun on foot in case they would have to dismount with one, and probably to increase their understanding of it in general. So this gun is actually meant to complete the Strv122/Leo2 that Zsalheden is working on.

Anyways, such guns always have an assistant to carry ammunition, barrels and act as a spotter. You don't see much as a gunner because of all the smoke anyway, so the assistant is indeed very important to be effective. Even our KSP58b/M240 was only recently modified with a rail (KSP58b2), likely because of demands from our forces in Afghanistan, but doesn't seem to be that common back home yet.

But we'll see. I understand it's a problem to be dependent on an assistant in Arma for people playing alone or in small groups, so we might do an exception. We've been pretty spoiled with rails and accessories in Arma3 though :P Personally I've grown pretty tired of all that tacticool-stuff and have started to enjoy the good old iron-sights again hehe.

thx for re-considering :-) it would be fine to have both versions wth rail and without because sometimes we feel the same about all that railed stuff and just go out there with G3´s or FAL´s ^^

we also found out that the spotter is not able to see the bullet impact of the PSG 90 on our server, if you hit dirt. for the shooter it is fine. first we thought it was a general problem t the arma 3 standard rifles dont have that problem. we shot from 200 to 700m on our firing range.

Disregard, misread

Edited by Nickobus
Misinformation

Grym mod! Ser fram emot framtida utveckling.

Kort fråga - hur får jag airburst/delay funktionen på HE till Carl-Gustaf att funka på egna multiplayer .pbo´s? Är det en modul?

Grym mod! Ser fram emot framtida utveckling.

Kort fråga - hur får jag airburst/delay funktionen på HE till Carl-Gustaf att funka på egna multiplayer .pbo´s? Är det en modul?

Thanks! I believe that the rules here only allow english to be spoken in public threads/discussions, so let's not upset the moderators :)

The fuze-functionality on our CG does not require any module and worked perfectly fine in multiplayer when we released it. We did however experience problems with it during our latest OP last week, as in the fuze-functionality not showing up in the scroll-menu at all. We haven't had time to investigate this further yet, but it might be because of incompatibility with ACE3 or the latest version of CBA, which seems to have caused problems for other mods as well. What mods are you using along with SAM, CBA and ASDG Joint Rails? And what versions?

Anyways, hopefully we'll have time to take a closer look at this later this week, and should have a better answer about it by then :)

Also, while I'm posting here I could just as well throw in some WIP from our facebook-page, showing off some highpoly assets and a first look at our RG32M ingame. Click links for full resolution!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5066808/Screenshots/samface.jpg

bis_samface.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5066808/Screenshots/galtsneak.jpg

bis_galtsneak.jpg

is there a planned release date for the next version?

maybe including this: https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8078/8394611789_d23a03452f_k.jpg :-D

Internally, yes. But all depends on how much time we find to work on things, so it tends to change a lot, and therefore we don't share it officially anymore in order to avoid disappointing people.

I can however say that our next patch (0.1.1) won't have any new content, just fixes, polish and further support for other popular mods like ACE and Alive, just to ensure that our base is solid and that we don't leave anything half-finished. Following that one however should be 0.2.0, which will have quite some new content. Can't say exactly what yet, but your request of a rail on the MG3 is noted ;)

That's how things look right now anyway. Fingers crossed for a rainy Swedish summer :p

Can't say exactly what yet, but your request of a rail on the MG3 is noted ;)

That's how things look right now anyway. Fingers crossed for a rainy Swedish summer :p

*fingers crossed*

Internally, yes. But all depends on how much time we find to work on things, so it tends to change a lot, and therefore we don't share it officially anymore in order to avoid disappointing people.

I can however say that our next patch (0.1.1) won't have any new content, just fixes, polish and further support for other popular mods like ACE and Alive, just to ensure that our base is solid and that we don't leave anything half-finished. Following that one however should be 0.2.0, which will have quite some new content. Can't say exactly what yet, but your request of a rail on the MG3 is noted ;)

Good to hear that the next patch is working on what you already got in game. In regards to the ACE3 support are there any plans to make the soldiers immune to the ACE3 hearing effects due to all the soldiers using the Peltor Comtac headsets?

Hey SAM makers!
I absolutely love the mod and it's now a core mod in my group (Arma3Kronor) ever since it was released.

I saw your post earlier Mr. Bravo regarding the next update (0.1.1), and that it won't be featuring any new content, so this question is not about that one.

Since there is a new island map for Arma3 coming out (hopefully) soon, TANOA, is it possible for you guys to make the Stridsbåt 90 (Swedish Combat Boat 90) a part of the mod? Or is the mod only based on the Army part of the Swedish Armed Forces?

http://www.forsvarsmakten.se/imagevault/publishedmedia/0myxc83tx8jq43fdt42o/20150218_matnys02_Strb90_close_SOMALIA.jpg (300 kB)

Tack för en grym mod!!

Thanks! I believe that the rules here only allow english to be spoken in public threads/discussions, so let's not upset the moderators :)

The fuze-functionality on our CG does not require any module and worked perfectly fine in multiplayer when we released it. We did however experience problems with it during our latest OP last week, as in the fuze-functionality not showing up in the scroll-menu at all. We haven't had time to investigate this further yet, but it might be because of incompatibility with ACE3 or the latest version of CBA, which seems to have caused problems for other mods as well. What mods are you using along with SAM, CBA and ASDG Joint Rails? And what versions?

Hi again! Sorry for my last post being in Swedish, was so excited about the SAM mod that I didnt think ahead... :)

Anyway, me and my group Arma 3 Kronor uses a lot of different mods, but not ACE3 yet. However, we are using AGM (version 0.953) and if I would be guessing thats what makes the option disappear in multiplayer. It works just fine in the editor.

Its enough for me that you acknowledged that there is a problem and that you are aware and looking into it. Then I know that its not my installation that is corrupt :)

Anyway - keep up the good work, your mod is great!

• Like 1

This looks EPIC! However, we can't use any of this within my group unless it's uploaded to Workshop, so here's to hoping you plan to do that soon!