mr. bravo

Swedish Army Mod 3 (SAM)

WOW guys! Amazing looking mesh you will make some heavy shit i can tell already :D

as always nice work!

I've gotta say, the CV90 has to be one of the prettiest APC's ever created.

Just a quick question: Will interiors of these vehicles be at some point developed?

Looking great so far, really excited to get my hands on some Swedish craftsmanship!

oh that's bad i really want to see some tank with interior that's can be really cool !

oh that's bad i really want to see some tank with interior that's can be really cool !

First we need to se if it will work with the tanks. But we don´t want any bad cliping and so on. And we are only 2 3d artist in SAM and we want much stuff in the mod. So som interiors will have to wait :(

Looks Great! Cant wait to see what else you guys are able to create :)

Hey guys! Been quite busy lately, but we managed to post some wip material of Zsalhedens KSP94 (MG3) today. This is the highpoly version, while the lowpoly is currently in the stage of uv-mapping and will be shown later. This weapon is mainly meant to be used on our upcoming Leo2 MBT, but since it's being modeled in such high quality we can just as well make it playable on foot as well, and will probably be available as a stationary weapon too :) It's not a commonly used infantry weapon in the Swedish military, as we have KSP58 (M240) for that role, but it happens.

As usual, a full preview in english with full quality renders can be seen on our forums, but I'll post some downscaled pictures here as well. I would also like to point out that we're currently doing maintenance on our server this week, so some functions might not work correctly atm (Lurkers should be unaffected though). But the site should at least work fine on Android devices now, which was a problem before due to an outdated security protocol that would block images.

Ah, well, pics!

KSP94_openbis_zps0011050a.jpg

KSP94bis_zps25cfa750.jpg

KSP94_animationbis_zpsc4f880fe.jpg

Great work, guys--on everything! I may be a little bit biased in singling it out, but the CV-90 looks stellar. :eek:

Another late update! :D This time we're showing off a bunch of renders of the swedish AT4 that I'm working on. Highpoly is about 95% finished at this moment, with some minor details left. As usual we're making every single detail usable and possible to animate, and then we'll see what's actually possible ingame later on. I've also made a new projectile of matching quality, which should be cool especially for people who enjoy recording gameplay in slowmotion ;)

A lot of highres renders and dev-talk are available in our related news thread at Samstudios, for anyone who are interested. Here are some smaller images;

bisat46_zpse7bbebea.jpg

bisat41_zps684baa37.jpg

bisat44_zpsb544efd4.jpg

Edited by Mr. Bravo

The work you guys make looks real promising so far! :)

Are the AK5s working in A3 standards? Dynamic muzzleflash, custom optics/attachments etc.?

We will end up with better detailed, looking (and animated) vehicles than vanilla ArmA3 at release. Looks great so far!

Not that A3 vehicles are bad, but it's always fun to explore and push the games limits! :D

The work you guys make looks real promising so far! :)

Are the AK5s working in A3 standards? Dynamic muzzleflash, custom optics/attachments etc.?

Thanks! Yes, the AK5c/d/e/grt have been ported to A3 a while ago by Stiltman and are still looking good as well as fully functional with attachments. I'm however still considering a texture update for them though, as it's just a 1024-texture with quite some artifacts from compressing (If you're picky like me), but there's a lot of other work to do as well so we'll have to see what gets priority this year. I will make something of a walkthrough of our current ingame material some time during the A3 Beta, probably next month :)

Edited by Mr. Bravo

Nice!

Btw, would you perhaps consider adding 10m increments to the GRG HE shells for airburst? They're great and all, but it's a real pain having to move forwards or backwards to ensure that the shell will burst over the target with the 50m increments.

Glad to hear that details are being noticed, DFUAndersen :D

Nice!

Btw, would you perhaps consider adding 10m increments to the GRG HE shells for airburst? They're great and all, but it's a real pain having to move forwards or backwards to ensure that the shell will burst over the target with the 50m increments.

I can't answer that yet. The GRG-system we had in A2 was built upon ACE2's functionality, and currently we know nothing about ACE3, so if we're doing that again for A3 then Nordin will most likely have to rewrite the whole thing anyway. If you mean that it should be updated for our A2 version then I can't promise you anything there. We have a bunch of fixes done already actually, but kind of lack the interest to fix the rest, test it, repack it, and release it. Nordin who is the author of these scripted systems is also on duty over the summer and probably doesn't have much time to look into it.

I'd like to point out though that we're initially planning on a very basic standalone version of SAM3, without any too complicated systems. This because it would require minimal amounts of work for us to maintain over time, and so that everyone can use it. Whenever we feel that the time is right we will start working on a more advanced separate version again, probably much like our A2 version and with ACE3 support.

All of this is looking great guys. Nice work.

So today we celebrate Midsummer here in Sweden, and we thought we had to add something special in our shy newsflow before getting too wasted. Zsalheden shows off a sneakpeek of his Stridsvagn 122, the Swedish version of Leopard 2. You've seen this in a much earlier stage before, but it is now getting pretty close to a finalized highpoly. A much more in depth post about this will be added in a near future, so stick around :)

Highres render available on Samstudios, as usual. Happy midsummer everyone :)

bisstrv122_zps32d82fda.jpg

Edited by Mr. Bravo

I gotta say, so far your WIP Swedish Army content is by far among the best Arma 3 upcoming releases. So much detail it's wonderful. I have no doubt that the finished models will look amazing.