[TvT] TvT Sandbox - F.U.B.A.R.

logo.gif

F.U.B.A.R.

A Team-vs-Team Military Sandbox

By GossamerSolid - Lead Developer

BigMorgan - Assistant Developer

Xeno - Additional Scripting and Networking

An all-new game mode

Developed from scratch, F.U.B.A.R. attempts to represent a chaotic, free-form, low-intensity conflict between 2 (3 upon release of independent forces) sworn enemies with little cohesion with outside forces. Players may form teams, gather supplies, and attempt to complete assigned operations in pursuit of victory - or simply deathmatch to their heart's content. Stretching across Stratis (and eventually other islands), F.U.B.A.R. gives you pure freedom of tactics and movement in an environment with only vague intelligence of enemy positions and intents.

What it isn't

F.U.B.A.R. is not just another sandbox survival mission. Teamwork is strongly encouraged with a squad-spawning mechanic. Intelligence of friendly and (to a lesser extent) enemy movements is provided via the in-game map. Vehicles are not simply for transport: they may be disassembled and even modified via a custom crafting mechanism. Finally - and most importantly - F.U.B.A.R. has an overarching objective for gameplay: the first team to successfully complete a predefined number of operations will be declared the winner of the match. Our concept envisages games lasting from roughly 1 hour to a max of 3 or 4 hours.

How you can play

Currently, FUBAR is in an early Alpha state. We envisage a mission with at least a 32-player population. However, we are small group and can't muster more than about a dozen players for a test session. Therefore, we need your help. If you are a mature gamer (preferably with experience in game testing), know how to enable the development branch of Arma 3 Alpha, and can speak basic English you are welcome to join us.

We are currently planning on our first public play test for:

Sunday, June 9 at 11:00PDT / 14:00EDT / 20:00CET

By participating, you agree to not distribute any copies of the mission or to modify the mission in any way without the express consent of GossamerSolid. We request and highly recommend you join GossamerSolid and I, along with the rest of our group on our TeamSpeak 3 server, which you may connect to at:

IP: voip.thegamewardens.net

PW: fwiends

You may direct any questions to me via this thread, or by PM here, or to my email: bigmorgan@thegamewardens.net

Please check our website at www.thegamewardens.net for further information regarding mission development and upcoming test sessions.

More details and media will be provided soon! See you on the battlefield!

Edited by BigMorgan

It sounds great, but i'd rather have like max 20 people than 32. I always feel that needing a high player number shouldn't be a necessity for a good mission.

Anyway, hope to give this a try soon.

i think it's more about stress testing the scripts and server performance with more guys

i think it's more about stress testing the scripts and server performance with more guys

This.

We haven't determined the final player count yet. We're more trying to see how things are going to run with a larger amount of players. Our previous tests were about 12-14 players max.

It sounds great, but i'd rather have like max 20 people than 32. I always feel that needing a high player number shouldn't be a necessity for a good mission.

Anyway, hope to give this a try soon.

We're planning on needing a larger population for the mission to be the least bit interesting to play on the larger map. I suspect we'll have demands to make it 50+ players eventually.

There will be nothing stopping you from reducing player count to 20 for Stratis, once the mission is publicly available. :)