Sign in to follow this  
zachgibson22

texture is different color ingame!

Okay so I have ran into the strangest problem.

When I view my texture in Tex2view it looks exactly as it should, A standard brown desertish camo.

BUT, when ever its on my gun ingame, it turns into a blue camo!!

Now i have different parts of my gun as different textures. And all the other parts stay the same as they should, but for some reason all the parts that are using this camo change into this blue camo! I haven't had a single clue why. I tried re-converting it and even going all the way back to photoshop and resaving the who thing as the TGA. It's named right and everything

Has anyone else ever had this problem????

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

Now I have no idea what's going on.

I changed the texture to a purple color for the hell of it to see how it would change and also renamed it to something. AND IT STAYED PURPLE instead of going to blue.

So then i changed it back to its normal color, but keeping the new name...go ingame It changes back to blue!!

WHAT??!??!?!!?

If I remember correctly, this is caused by not saving the file with a proper suffix according to these types. Try naming the file something like "my_texture_CO".

Nope that wasn't the error. All my textures already have the correct suffix. I mean all the other parts of the gun are the right colors, it's ONlY the parts using this texture. Maybe I'll see what happens if I assign the parts to another a different working texture.

Make sure the resolution is a 'Good' resolution..

Examples:

Good Res: 500x500

Bad Res: 500x250

Hope this helps,

Phelps.

Make sure the resolution is a 'Good' resolution..

Examples:

Good Res: 500x500

Bad Res: 500x250

Hope this helps,

Phelps.

That's completely wrong. Resolution has to be ^2 for both sides. So 500 is bad, 512 is good. That said, you surely can have textures like 512x256 but not 500x250.

2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096, those are valid.

Oh yeah I'll recheck that but I'm pretty sure mine is 1048x1048

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

oh s**t.... it's 1048 not 1024! hah!

BUT I don't know why this would be the problem because when I tried it as a different color it stays as it should have been, but then again maybe that export was a different size. I'll try it out!

Myke;2394828']That's completely wrong. Resolution has to be ^2 for both sides. So 500 is bad' date=' 512 is good. That said, you surely can have textures like 512x256 but not 500x250.

2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096, those are valid.[/quote']

My mistake, i was told this by another guy, sorry for any confusion.