Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Resistance demo - soon!

A demo of Operation Flashpoint: Resistance is just around the corner. And it'll come with unique content

18:55 Keeping us up to date with Operation Flashpoint happenings, Codemasters informed us today that it is shortly to release a demo of expansion Resistance that will come with exclusive content.

The demo, which should be with us next week, will come with two missions that aren't available in the retail version of the expansion pack. No doubt it'll appeal to existing Resistance owners as well as those deliberating over parting with their cash.

Recently released to retail, full-blown add-on Resistance introduces a brand new campaign to the war sim title. Filling the shoes of ex-Special Forces fellow Victor Troska, players take a key role in a resistance movement trying to eject invading Soviet forces from the island of Nogova. Initially nothing more than a member of the resistance army, Troska eventually finds himself in charge of the whole shebang

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r....ge=http

If the two new missions are set on Nogova, won't that mean people without OFPR will be able to extract the new island from it, or doesn't it work like that?

it will be part of nogova probly with only sum of the content, u couldnt really import it to orginal ofp cause of the textures and stuf etc.

Gee lets come out with demo after codemasters releases the game. They should have released it before they release ofpr.

Well no point in beating a dead horse

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Capt Morgan @ July 26 2002,19:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Gee lets come out with demo after codemasters releases the game.  They should have released it before they release ofpr.

Well no point in beating a dead horse<span id='postcolor'>

the demo isnt for the current ofp people its for people who havent tried it and might buy it.

Maybe they give us a similar version of Nogova like the Malden in OFP demo (not completed island).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 25 2002,10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If the two new missions are set on Nogova, won't that mean people without OFPR will be able to extract the new island from it, or doesn't it work like that?<span id='postcolor'>

I dont think so because Resistance is 1.75 and OFP is 1.46. I dont think it would be compatible. Maybe its possible why not just buy it? 30 bucks is that a whole lot? I didnt think so. I feel its very nice price as opposed to 40 or 50 bucks. Plus they wont get all the neat features too. tounge.gif

Of course i could be wrong.

The 2 missions included are not very easy biggrin.gif (the accuracy at awesome distance from the russian AI M2 Machinegun is too much if you dont hide carefully , they are just better than snipers).

For an example : do not follow your leader , try to go to the city by the beach (just a little walk to see some boat and squad arriving by sea biggrin.gif) , you will be shot from a really far away M2 Machinegun in the city .

The other russian AI are the same level as OFP , some good aiming, some not, the new crouch feature give more realistic "touch" to some gunfight.

The demo shows you a good looking part of the new island with one urban area for the remake of Battlefield from normal OFP (the first demo mission) .

Interesting new buildings (to destroy a bmp from a building is very fun) , you can use the graphics new features from Resistance retail, but as you understand by just giving a look at some screenshots, at max it will drop your system on its knees wink.gif

Good demo, i thought Resistance was 1.75 , but i read on the demo 1.78 ? New patch soon ?

There is no multiplayer option in the demo .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chronicles @ July 31 2002,06:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is no multiplayer option in the demo .<span id='postcolor'>

Of course there wouldnt be because its a single player demo. I doubt they are going to make a MP demo. I dont really see the point because they have the MP test theres really no need. Course i could be wrong.

I decided not to get it tonight cause i figured everyone would be downloading it and it would take quite a bit. So ill jsut get it tomorrow.

Well I completed both missions on Veteran with Super AI on quite easily..... of course I had problems at the start, but then I managed to get into it....

Has someone extracted the two new missions? So it can be put into the retail version!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mithrandir @ July 31 2002,10:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Has someone extracted the two new missions? So it can be put into the retail version!<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, get them here: resdemo-missions.zip

I tried one of the mission (the one that you're not incharge).

And I must say that it is very cool, (that real infantry OFP chaos occurs in this mission). Very cool mission!