Brainbug

Red Hammer Campaign for use with CWR2 mod

The first time I played Race Against Time on Veteran, I did it with the T-80, and had two squadmates enter Shilka at base where Sergei was being held. Then we made the mistake of going up to ridge top (as I thought the beach road would be too dangerous) where I soon encountered the dreaded invisible Hind (the biggest threat in mission). So I desperately crashed down towards beach through forest, under fire, but T-80 and Shilka were blown, so an injured Sergei and I ran for 2.5 km through forest to pick up point.

I just reverted and played the mission again since it so awesome. The invisible Hind with "dotarget/dofire player" orders (unfair! ;)) pinpointed me in T-80 on beach on way up north to Sergei immediately after a User Save (I had already had gunner shoot down two choppers with SABOT as I drove like hell :cool:). All I could do was have crew and I eject before tank was blown. Then we captured a BMP which was patrolling on road. The crew were turned out, so we shot them and stole the vehicle (desperate, rare, and awesome). I then freed Sergei by the skin of my teeth using the BMP, and raced in it back to beach and down south to pick up point. After I left the Sergei base area, not a shot was fired at me. Clean sweep, no casualties or even injuries to squad and Sergei. One User Save only. :bounce3:

I finished the campaign today. Stupendous! Excellent and varied mission design, with great cutscenes throughout. I found only a few issues, all reported above, so the campaign is nearly bug-free. I only had one crash near the beginning (3-4 missions in?), and that is likely due to the crash-prone OA 1.63. Hats off to Codemasters, SHJStudio, and Brainbug!

Edited by OMAC

In campaign description.ext, a semicolon is missing:

class Fowley
{
	name = "John Davies";
	face = "Face21"[color="#FF0000"][b];[/b][/color]
	glasses="None";
	speaker = "John";
	pitch = 1.00;
};

This omission creates errors in RPT file:

File Campaigns\camp@_cwr_red-hammer\description.ext, line 55: '/CfgIdentities/Fowley.face': Missing ';' at the end of line

I'm stuck with the "Race against time" mission...

It's almost impossible, too many tanks, rpg soldiers, and helicopters!

Any suggestions ?

Any suggestions ?

It's doable, but tough, on Veteran difficulty. Quite hair-raising, fit for a mission near the end of a campaign. Did you read the spoiler in my thread above?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154754-Red-Hammer-Campaign-for-use-with-CWR2-mod&p=2793209&viewfull=1#post2793209

Try new strategies if you keep meeting death. I can provide a walkthrough if necessary, but my spoiler should provide you with quite a few hints...

I thought that Rage and Insurrection were just as difficult, perhaps slightly more so.

-----------------------------------------------------

*** Request to Red Hammer players using A2OA 1.63 and CWR2 v1.0: ***

I am trying to track down the cause of a crash problem related to OA 1.63 and/or CWR2 v1.0. Please post to this thread if you have any crashes to desktop when playing Red Hammer, particularly in missions on Malden Island. Thank you.

Edited by OMAC

Any suggestions ?

Take the BMP and ditch the tank. The tank can't hold you team and the hostage, and the BMP is faster.

Take out the BMP ahead of you and kill the RPG gunner next to the roadblock. You can ignore his friends. Switch to the driver seat and start racing towards the SE coast. Avoid the near base and continue up NE along the shoreline. Whenever your AI in the commander seat reports and enemy chopper, target it (using the '2' target menu), switch your gunner to his 30mm gun, and order him to load HE rounds (important!). It's important you stay in the driver seat, AI can't drive fast enough for this mission. Whenever you can, drive when turned out (hatch open). This will make it easier for you and your team to spot enemy targets. Run over enemy infantry but keep your speed high. When you are approximately SE of where the hostage is being held drive directly towards his camp. It should take you no longer than 5 minutes to get to there. Knock over the walls of the compound on its north eastern corner by driving through them, get as close as you can to the tent on the North Eastern part of the camp. Disembark and kill the two Sperznaz next to it, and any other enemy guards. Order the hostage into the BMP and drive towards the main entrance of the base. Use a missile to take out the BMP on the left and AP rounds to destroy the Shilka on the right. Drive fast outside the base and return the way you came, using the same tactic for targeting helicopters using HE rounds.

Only when you must (when tanks are reported nearby or AT gunners), switch to the gunner seat and use missiles and AP rounds to take out tanks, and 7.62 to gun down infantry. Keep an eye on your radar for tanks, keep your speed high and drive to the friendly base.

Good luck! :)

Edited by Variable

^ ^ Basically what I did, but I started in T-80 both times. I agree that BMP is better now, especially as it will fit 4 men (team + Sergei), but commander in T-80 has independent MG, so he can take out infantry as well as gunner. Also, 125mm cannon of T-80 has better range and accuracy for taking out choppers than 73mm on BMP. I had one shot, one kill for two choppers in a row with 125mm sabot while I drove at top speed along beach. But then the invisible Hind took us out, forcing me to steal an enemy BMP. But first time I made it all the way to base in T-80, somehow avoiding or nailing the Hinds.

At base where Sergei was being held, I wiped everyone out with coaxial MG of T-80 or BMP, after nailing two enemy BMPs with AT-4 missiles or sabot. Shilka was always empty (perhaps I killed its crew before they could enter). I drove right onto base, right up to tent*. First time, I ordered Sergei into my T-80 as gunner, and other two crew to enter Shilka and follow us. DO NOT drive up ridge to top of island after rescuing Sergei, but go back the way you came, along beach, staying as low as you can, using terrain to shield you from enemy in bases and along road.

Edit:

*It's actually safer if you drive right onto base, as buildings shield you somewhat from AT infantry who are swarming the area, both on the base and roaming around it.

Edited by OMAC

I followed Variable's suggestion and it was fantastic!

I made it in 15 minutes, I destroyed 3 BMP, 2 Shilka and 1 Mi17. At the base everyone was killed by my gunner (he was great this mission!)

Is normal that after this mission there is no cutscene ? just the "Hidden Agenda" briefing ?

Edited by Mike_ITA

I finished the campaign.Very well done SHJSTUDIO!

just a question: why Dmitri is blonde haired ?? Do you remember his face in OFP?

Thanks for the Feedback Mike_ITA ;)

The Identities I took over from OFP why Dimitri is blonde. The faces of OFP are unlike in Arma 2 times I test the faces of Arma 2 and attempt times to find the face of Dmitri. Change it then the next update.

Campaign completed! Thank you very much SHJStudio for an awesome port that outranks the original. With this campaign completed I say goodbye to CWR2 and Arma2 and there couldn't have been a better goodbye than this wonderful campaign.

Thanks!

Thank you for your feedback variable. Good thing you Red Hammer was so much fun. :bounce3: Thank you to everyone here who reported me tips and error. Hopefully, the next update bug will then be free.

In the last mission if you don't manage to arrest the two officers is there a different cutscene afterwards ? Because maybe in 2001 I failed this task but I don't remember what happens...

In the last mission if you don't manage to arrest the two officers is there a different cutscene afterwards ? Because maybe in 2001 I failed this task but I don't remember what happens...

Yes, there is a different cutscene if the officers are killed rather than captured.

The new update 1.3 is available with AMS for the Download.:D

Es ist soweit das neue Update 1.3 steht bei AMS zum Download bereit.

Ich hoffe, das jetzt alle Bugs beseitigt sind.:j:

Red Hammer v1.3 Link: http://www.assaultmissionstudio.de/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=37

Red Hammer v1.3 Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20627

REQUIRED:

CBA Modifikation: Link: http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=3650

CBA Modifikation: Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231&highlight=CBA

CWR2 v1.0 Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14568

Changelog v1.2:

Briefing and Texts translated into English.

All missions were adapted to the latest CWR2 version and some addons exchanged against newer ones.

Various smaller bugs fixed.

Sanipack bugs fixed.

Changelog v1.3:

All missions have been adapted to the current CWR 2 version 1.0.

fixed: Cutscene 05intro.eden "link to a static object".

fixed: Cutscene 17intro.abel "link to a static object".

fixed: Mission 17sniper.abel "link to a static object".

fixed: Cutscene 18intro.eden "Desktop Erro".

fixed: Mission 06defend.eden "cheat endmission"

fixed: Mission 15returnchopper.abel "cheat endmission"

fixed: All Cutscene disableuserinput "Deaktiviert".

Info regarding Medipack script:

The Medipack script wil only work if no medic is in the group or when the group's medic is dead. In the Speznaz mission there is no medipack script because as Speznaz you can heal yourself anyway.

Changelog v1.2:

Briefing und Texte sind in English übersetz worden.

Alle Missionen wurden an die aktuelle CWR 2 Version angepasst und einige Addons gegen neue ausgetauscht.

Weitere kleinere Bugs beseitigt.

Sanipack Bugs behoben.

Info zu Sanipack Script:

Der Sani Script Funktioniert nur, wenn kein Sanitäter in der Gruppe oder angefordert werden kann oder wenn der Sanitäter in der Gruppe Tot ist. Bei den Speznaz Missionen gibt es kein Sani Script, weil man sich als Speznaz ja sowieso selbst heilen kann.

Changelog v1.3:

Alle Missionen wurden an die aktuelle CWR 2 Version 1.0 angepasst.

fixed: Cutscene 05intro.eden "link to a static object".

fixed: Cutscene 17intro.abel "link to a static object".

fixed: Mission 17sniper.abel "link to a static object".

fixed: Cutscene 18intro.eden "Desktop Erro".

fixed: Mission 06defend.eden "cheat endmission"

fixed: Mission 15returnchopper.abel "cheat endmission"

fixed: All Cutscene disableuserinput "Deaktiviert".

Thanks so much for your efforts we are really love this campaign specially with awesome CWR2 mod.

Edited by VoiceOfArmA

Thanks a lot! It's hard as nails (hence the "Red Hammer", eh? :cool:) but great fun. Without the bugs, it'll be even better!

just some issues which won't prevent mission from progress and end, such as mission which lukin must scort angelina to "montignac", in the ambush point there must be an AT weapon in truck as it was in original campaign, so that T-55 just killed angelina as I had no any AT weapon available, by the way mission ended with success although it really failed!

just some issues which won't prevent mission from progress and end, such as mission which lukin must scort angelina to "montignac", in the ambush point there must be an AT weapon in truck as it was in original campaign, so that T-55 just killed angelina as I had no any AT weapon available, by the way mission ended with success although it really failed!

I think I had that too so on the second attempt I took an AT4 from a crate at the starting point.

I do not remember whether CBA is required. :confused: It can also operate without CBA.