Brainbug

Red Hammer Campaign for use with CWR2 mod

I will play the second mission times to see what is displayed for bugs with me. Thanks for the Feedback.

I will play the second mission times to see what is displayed for bugs with me. Thanks for the Feedback.

Thanks, the missing tasks are very annoying, maybe I should try to turn the language on english.I will let you know.

@Variable. Oh I didn't notice them! now it's ok. ;)

What kind of language do you play the Red Hammer Mike :confused:

I have this Formulated only in the languages ​​German and English.

The radio texts,dialogues and missions' name are in italian!

Anyway changing the game language doesn't resolve the problem of missing diary, briefing and tasks.

Edited by Mike_ITA

So you have in ArmA 2 OA selected in the options to Italian.

This language is not supported by the Stringtable. Therefore you have no diary, briefing and tasks.

Mission Alamo - I extracted safely with my team in the Mi-17 but I got a "mission failed" debriefing, saying I moved too far from the area of operations. This time the campaign didn't move on to the next mission, it wants me to repeat playing the same mission again.

Thanks for the info Variable found the error. Fix this error in the next update.

Thanks man! I suggest to have a look on all mission debriefings and endings, it seems that most of them are bugged.

I'm having a blast playing the campaign (v1.3), but I have found what looks like a bug in the Rage mission (22sabotage.cain). Please check the SPOILER below:

The hangar.sqs cinema script which is called when you blow the ammo2 Ural at the northern base ("not alive ammo2") is this:

ap setcaptive true
[b][color="#0000FF"]?vehicle ap==heli4||vehicle ap ==heli5:exit[/color][/b]
_camera = "camera" camCreate [-89784.22,7493.73,-8681.15] 
_camera cameraEffect ["internal","back"]
titleCut ["","BLACK IN",1]

_camera CamSetTarget ammo2
_camera camSetRelPos [20,60,15] 
_camera camSetFOV 1.00
_camera camCommit 0
@camCommitted _camera
~5
titleCut ["","BLACK out",2]
~2
player cameraEffect ["terminate","back"]
camDestroy _camera
titlecut["","Black in",0.01]
[b][color="#FF0000"]ap setcaptive false[/color][/b]
[b][color="#0000FF"]exit[/color][/b]

If you blow the dump with either of the two choppers at the southern base (heli4 or heli5) which you have stolen, the hangar script exits to end, skipping the setcaptive false, so that the player is still captive (CIV side). This means that the end triggers at the extraction point won't fire, as they check to see if an independent (GUER) is present (player (ap) in thislist). Another result of this "bug" is that, after the stolen choppers are used to blow the northern dump, the player is captive and won't be fired upon by any Russian unit.

I don't think that this is intended, but I'm not sure. Even an old walkthrough mentions that the stolen choppers could be used to blow the dumps, so it looks like the choppers could be used normally in OFP.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/377887-operation-flashpoint-cold-war-crisis/faqs/18597

To fix the problem, change the hangar.sqs script to this:

ap setcaptive true
?vehicle ap==heli4||vehicle ap ==heli5:[b][color="#0000FF"]goto "goend"[/color][/b]
_camera = "camera" camCreate [-89784.22,7493.73,-8681.15] 
_camera cameraEffect ["internal","back"]
titleCut ["","BLACK IN",1]

_camera CamSetTarget ammo2
_camera camSetRelPos [20,60,15] 
_camera camSetFOV 1.00
_camera camCommit 0
@camCommitted _camera
~5
titleCut ["","BLACK out",2]
~2
player cameraEffect ["terminate","back"]
camDestroy _camera
titlecut["","Black in",0.01]
[b][color="#0000FF"]#goend[/color][/b]
ap setcaptive false
exit

Or you could just move the "?vehicle ap==heli4||vehicle ap ==heli5:exit" line to the top.

As the campaign is such excellent work overall, and nearly bug-free, I spent many hours trying to figure out why the mission wouldn't end if the helis were used to blow the dumps..... :j: The first time I played through the mission, I stupidly did not steal the choppers, and spent hours doing it with a stolen BMP. Thankfully the Russian Hind (heli1) often crashes against the mountainside. If flyinheight 150+ was used for that Hind, it would crash less often, and the mission would be even more difficult (I don't recommend making that change ;)).

The guerrilla PK machine gun is often used in the early missions. There is a bug in CWR2 v1.0 where part of the barrel is missing. I recommend using the fixed pbos in the nightly directory:

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/cwr2_nightly/

Edited by OMAC

Thanks for the information OMAC and the solution there for. :ok: Will this script error at the next update as you change it suggest.

No prob. If the campaign wasn't TOTALLY FRICKIN' AWESOME (:681:), I wouldn't have bothered looking into the issue. SHJ Studio RULES!! Thanks also to Brainbug for the English translation, without which I wouldn't be playing the campaign!

Edited by OMAC

Also wrong mission debriefing on the where you have to refuel the damaged Hind. Completed in successfully be it says "failed".

I get this debriefing problem also:

79baac355915514.jpg

As far as I know, there was no damage to truck when I left it at the airport.

---------------------------------

In Insurrection mission (23village.cain), the title for the "Seek Safe Place" (retreat) task isn't shown by the taskhint:

11a962355915591.jpg

Edited by OMAC

Thanks for the info OMAC. The taskObj4 script error Seek shelter I have already changed and will the next update process. Just as the debriefing text end 1 (15returnchopper.abel).

The first post needs updating with the latest version of the campaign.

The first post needs updating with the latest version of the campaign.

Ha! I was just thinking the same thing yesterday! SHJStudio, I would also ask Brainbug to update the CWR2 link in that post to point to the Armaholic CWR2 page.

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=24909

No more CWR2 demo, v1.0 is the real deal. :cool:

Edited by OMAC

Hi SHJ,

I'm playing the 1.2 version now.

If I download the new 1.3, will the savegames be ok ?? Can i continue where I was with the 1.2 ?

Yes. I changed versions halfway through, and my progress was maintained. However, you must make sure that the 1.3 campaign pbo has the same file name as the 1.2 pbo.

Hi Mike_ITA,

I have not tested this. OMAC has it already then it is tested with the progress already functioning.

Minor problem with Race Against Time mission debriefing:

ab3089357200866.jpg

When I got to extraction point with Sergei, who was alive but injured, the "Pickup Point" task completed successfully, but the debriefing screen says that mission had failed.

Hi OMAC,

problem Race Against Time mission debriefing already repaired I would like to wait a while until I put the new update ready for download. There are maybe some errors are detected.:Oo:

Hi OMAC,

problem Race Against Time mission debriefing already repaired I would like to wait a while until I put the new update ready for download. There are maybe some errors are detected.:Oo:

Looking anxiously! :)

I'll wait until you issue the update.

Hi OMAC,

Also note that "Sergei" is spelled wrong in the debriefing, but not in the task names.

----------------------

Under Orders mission: Need English "Mission Completed" cutText/titleCut in outro cutscene:

4129a7355915539.jpg

The German text is hardcoded as a text effect in the outrodone trigger (replace it with "@STRC_Completed"):

b9dbdf357301965.jpg

"Convoy" is spelled "convoi" often, especially in briefing.html and in task descriptions (STR_briefing_12).

Edited by OMAC