Sign in to follow this  
shammy2010

Sham's M16A4 Pack Port

@scorch thanks I asked Alwarren and hopefully he answers

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Hmmmm.... is there anyway to perfectly align the eye memory lod? I have looked on the net for days and cannot find a tutorial on how to place the eye exactly in the proper place and have had zero luck! I'm better with scripts/configs and still a noob to modelling, especially in ArmA and the only model I made was an m9 in blender lol. So if anyone can tell me the trick to placing the eye memory lod without having to run Arma 3 beta all the time, please tell me!

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

@kaelies Thanks for the heads up, and the m203 should be usable with the leaf sight when the next update, which may take a while, come out

@Chortles and scrim

From what I hear, the tape is supposed to nullify the sound of the action of the weapon. I don't know how true that is. I just heard. Seems pointless but seems cool so I wanted to add it but most people are saying no to it so I guess it is a no for now. Dual mags are also possible I'm sure, i just don't have the advanced scripting knowledge to make them. I would also need an animation "gesture" as they are referred to in ArmA. I'm too lazy to do that!!! I have never seen any point in a dual mag and I think it's a bit too "hollywood" so I'm just not going to touch it just incase someone wanted to ask for them lol Just letting out my opinion.... feels good! you should try it sometimes!

Hey so i know this is an old discussion but i was reading through here and figured id put my input in. Tape on the mag does have some function but not in that sense. In Basic we used to take electrical tape and tape around the magazine just like the photo is because the tape was a gummy rubber on the outside and our gloves had rubber on the palm and fingers. So it worked as a grip assist so that you wouldnt get in a hurry and lose your grip on your mag and end up throwing it at your battle buddy or some shit. I used that technique through all of my training and during the first few months of my time at my unit, although i have since then swapped over to rubber magpul pieces that fit to the bottom of the mag and have loops to grip instead. but in a pinch i can still go back to using 100mph tape or electrical tape as a grip enhance for my magazine. i know several people that still use this method if they dont want to cough up the money for magpul pieces. Its still up to you to decide if you want to put in on there. also feel free to ask any questions about the M4 or M16 or any other military mod you feel like making, if you need input from some one thats used the gear in real world situations. Also very good mod overall!

Nice! I finally got a professional and he also wants to contribute! Very good luck on my end! If you can provide me with authentic information about M16's and M4's, then I will credit you in my mod and also it would make my mod more realistic. I will add you to my contact list so then it would be easier to communicate if that's okay with you! Also, the Camo variant has tape on the magazine but it might not be easily visible

Edited by Shammy2010

Hmmmm.... is there anyway to perfectly align the eye memory lod? I have looked on the net for days and cannot find a tutorial on how to place the eye exactly in the proper place and have had zero luck!

The method I used for my SVD in the past was to use the "left" view in oxygen2 to look at the gun from behind, found where the front sight aligns perfectly through the rear sight, and then placed the eye vertex at that point through the left view; afterwards, I moved it back to a good position using one of the other views (you can lock the movement to one axis using the X, Y, and Z buttons with the coloured triangles on them; for example, from the front view, this would make it so that anything you were moving would only move to the left or right relative to the camera, or front or back relative to the gun). Not sure if this method would work as well with the type of sight the m16 has, though.

@Kaelies Thank you for the reply! I tried doing that however I cannot see the model because everything is in smudging yellow and ridiculously hard to see a small hole going through and aligning perfectly with the front post. Is there anyway to maybe fill it all in, or maybe do it in bulldozer? I tried so many things like setting pins/points and selecting center point however it doesn't seem to work, maybe because I'm using arma 3 with tools that are for arma 2. BI really needs to release the BI tools for ArmA 3!

I guess you could try to do it in the first LoD and zoom in as far as possible, then just cut the point out and paste it in the memory LoD? Might make it easier by making the lines be black.

oooo nice idea! thanks I'm going to try that, why didn't I think of it before?! lol

EDIT: btw Kaelies you will receive credit for this!

Edited by Shammy2010

New Version Released with black textures and other new cool features! This may be the final version unless if the full game has issues running this mod or I feel like doing more with these or if there was a problem with the mod which renders it unplayable. Please report issues if you fine any!

v1.7

-Skipped 1.6!

-Darkened Non Camo Textures

-M203 Leaf sight should now flip up when fire mode is selected (Thanks to advice from Alwarren)

-added different variants of UI pics for different attachments

-Calibrated Ironsights (Thanks to advice from Kaelis and ALwarren)

-Fixed many model bugs such as the A3 still using A4 model

-Fixed bugs concerning config.cpp such as making the mod more dev branch friendly

-Magazine in different PBO now, should fix any crashes

-Reload Animation should look better now

-Fixed Bolt on the M16A2 and A3 not moving

http://rapidshare.com/files/209921976/SHM_m16a4.7z

Edited by Shammy2010

Thanks again for taking the time to inform us of your updated work :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Sham's M16 Pack [bETA] v1.7

required_addons.png

The below addons are not required, they are all optional!

FHQ Accessories pack

FHQ M4 pack

MK18 Pack

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I've found a bug with this mod active, the default sniper rifles cant be equipped with SOS scope. Furthermore, default BIS sniper placed in the editor spawned without the scope also

Interesting find! I don't know what's causing it but I will find out. Thanks for the heads up!

Hey Sham, can you make the m16a4 texture less dark? Right now it's pitch black.

+1, you can't see any textures except a black color if your weapon is not getting illuminated by the sun. Maybe dark gray with dirt + scratches. A tat darker than the original textures!

Really like it!

@ollie and Brian: Sure, I know the textures don't look that nice right now but I haven't found one good texture tutorial yet (if anyone can refer me to one which teaches UV mapping because it seems that all of them have been taken off) I am looking to improve the textures and will probably be renewed. I'm also looking to make a foregrip variant as requested on armaholic. Thanks again for the feedback!

This is a real nice Mod. My favorite weapon on our Server :)

I like it that you grap your weapon on the magazine to hold it. That looks very tactical. Maybe some other Modders will do the animation the same way. This would be cool :)

Thanks, Sakai uses some of my hand animations for his M16A1 and I was requested by other modders as well to let them use my hand anim. Thanks for the comment, puts a smile on my face! lol

Hi Shammy! Love your M16pack, but since your last update, which darkened too much the textures (to pitch black) and your config conflicted with other attachments and weapons addons, had to disable it... hope you can fix those issues in your next update!

cheers!

Thank you for the heads up, Both of those problems were fixed but I just need to fix a couple more things before I can release the update. Thanks!

A quick update to fix alot of the problems brought on by the last one. Working on making Foregrip Variants and scopes compatible for A2 Variant, until then, enjoy this update!

V1.75

-Works fine with Full Game

-Fixed Pitch Black Textures

-Fixed Fatal Config Error messing with optics (Sorry about that)

-kind of fixed optics not being in the right place (ACO scope is still unusable)

-Tweaked hand animation to look a little more natural (Not that noticable though)

-added smoke to breach when firing (WOO!!)

http://www.mediafire.com/?wmag8apln0k6sc2

YAY! Very Nice Shammy didn´t expected it so soon! cheers ;D

Gonna teste it right now, thanks a lot!

[EDIT] Good News: The configs are working right (no conflict, all FHQ and vanilla acessories attach) and the leaf sight flips when selecting firemode grenade launcher M230 (thou can´t change the distance, btw, which distance is it set as default? 100 m, 200m or 300m?)

Bad news - simply cosmetic : some texture glitches on the M16A3/A2 (in the back of the carry handle, it seems it has the reflections with the bolt texture -> http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981406053/screenshots/ ,

and the barrel has overlapping textures) -> http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981406053/screenshots/ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981406053/screenshots/

and others on M16A3/A2 M230 (there´s a pixelated texture on the left protection of the peep hole, on the carry handle) -> http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981406053/screenshots/

Despite those cosmetic issue, the pack is working quite alright! Thanks Shammy ;D

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Thanks for the headsup about your updated work :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Sham's M16 Pack v1.75

required_addons.png

The below addons are not required, they are all optional!

FHQ Accessories pack

FHQ M4 pack

MK18 Pack

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you for the heads up Corporal LIB!

the m203 I think you just align whichever range you need with the leaf sight like you did in ArmA 2. I will work on making the sights a bit more interactive

As for the texture issues, thanks for pointing out the overlapping textures I would have never known! I had to retexture the M16A2 using UV Mapping and my first time doing it. Hope you could forgive the little errors in my work! lol

Thank you again Corporal Lib! Have a nice day!