Sign in to follow this  
shammy2010

Sham's M16A4 Pack Port

The reason I bring it up is because it seemed like your M16A4 is compatible with FHQ Accessories despite not actually requiring that other mod, hence the suggestion to simply add the suppressors to the line that would otherwise be compatibleitems[]={"muzzle_snds_m"}, again because the BIS 5.56 mm suppressor is so long compared to the ones used in the FHQ M4 pack and in the MK 18 MOD 1/SOPMOD Block II pack... seeing as you already listed FHQ Accessories' optics and IR lasers/weapon lights in their respective slots.

While there may be some realism problems, the problem is that a line like that creates some problems for the engine as I explained. no entry messages and such create problems such as slower performance and in some cases, CTD's and having to download the mods and run them at the same time is a hassle on the user, so I'd like to keep a simple mod. Sure you could say that why not just model them into the game, well I'm a code/script/config guy and maybe have some touch with animation but when it comes to modelling, I am really bad! because I don't have the passion for it, nor the patience for that stuff. But as I said, I will try to make everyone happy and add a custom config file which allows the MK 18 mod and fhq accessories, m4 so don't fear, I've already created 2 different config pbo's and both seems to work just fine

Nice work as usual, but isn't the M16A3 a full auto A2? Yours uses the same model as the A4 and I would really like to be able to use those older handguard M203s on a full-auto rifle.

Also the M16A3 M203 (non camo) makes my game crash. Tried disabling all mods except it but it happens all the time.

Can you lower the volume of the firing sound a little. My Effects Volume is like 0.3 and it still almost deafens me.

While there may be some realism problems, the problem is that a line like that creates some problems for the engine as I explained. no entry messages and such create problems such as slower performance and in some cases, CTD's and having to download the mods and run them at the same time is a hassle on the user, so I'd like to keep a simple mod. Sure you could say that why not just model them into the game, well I'm a code/script/config guy and maybe have some touch with animation but when it comes to modelling, I am really bad! because I don't have the passion for it, nor the patience for that stuff. But as I said, I will try to make everyone happy and add a custom config file which allows the MK 18 mod and fhq accessories, m4 so don't fear, I've already created 2 different config pbo's and both seems to work just fine
If that's the case, then why leave in the FHQ Accessories support in the "core" PBO? That was what inspired me to start looking at adding non-BI suppressors in the first place... (Though BI suppressor support would seem to be in both PBOs.)

Whoops, I misread information and also took battlefield 3's M16A3 as a reference to the real thing! stupidity on my part! lol. Don't worry, it'll all be changed!

As for your crash, I just played with the M16A3 M203 (non camo variant) for like 15 minutes firing it and putting different types of attachments on it and it seems fine. Can you please upload an rpt file or maybe hint as to what leads to the game crash? a certain attachment being used or something?

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Which sounds are you using? the old or the new? because the new ones sound just fine to me. I will take a look at lowering the volume however!

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

The FHQ Accessories is just one addon, and it seemed reasonable to me so I went along with it. Having multiple addon requirement is just plain ridiculous, people would have to have 3 mods just to run one tiny one! but I don't see the problem here, I said that the new file structure is working and those who choose support for mods can choose to use that cfg while those who want just the M16 by itself can use the regular cfg's.

Edited by Shammy2010

I'm using the new ones and they sound fine and are good quality. They're just a little too loud. I'd recommend setting the volume to be similar to the default MX firing sound.

Perhaps one of the easiest ways to get the attachments working would be to simply inherit from the default set? I believe some of the addons that add attachments either add them to all the default guns that way, or have optional configs for that allowance.

By the way, the icons have white backgrounds; do you think you could fix that? One way would be to save as a .png with a transparent background before packing into a .paa.

Okay, I will see what I can do to fix that. Thank you for the feed back

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

@kaelies Could you maybe explain that a little more? Are you suggesting that there may be a base class that allows the use of all those attachments? I am actually considering looking at it now.... Thanks!

Nevermind, issue resolved with latest VAS version. Must've been something from them.

@kaelies Could you maybe explain that a little more? Are you suggesting that there may be a base class that allows the use of all those attachments? I am actually considering looking at it now.... Thanks!

I think you should be able to use all base attachments except silencer by simply not including anything to change them. For silencer, perhaps the easiest way might be to inherit from the TRG (instead of say, inheriting from Rifle_base_f).

By the way, if you make the m16a3 the proper version where it is a full-auto m16a2, could you please add a full-auto version of the m16a4?

Glad to hear! Thanks for updating me on the situation!

---------- Post added 07-27-2013 at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-26-2013 at 11:42 PM ----------

@kaelies I'm not exactly sure how to do this but may require some trial and error, don't worry bout it, thanks for the idea again

Also, about the A3 variant, if there is I don't know what to call it so if there's an M16 that has a removable carryhandle and fires full auto then let me know!

Thanks for the update again-liking the newest sounds and thanks for the A2 M203 version!

My fav gun from even back in the Ofp days, just love the way the gun looks with that different stock.

Just one problem? i am unable to attach any optic/scope?

Designed this way? or am i missing something?

@ck-claw This is intentional, because the m16a2 has a fixed ironsight and handguard which RIS scopes like acog and holosight are not compatible. You need older style scopes like CCO scopes or AN-PAS 13 or AN-PVS which does not require RIS railings. However these scopes are not in my arsenal. Therefore, I do not have anything to work with. Sorry about that...

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

New version available. Had to make it a little more stable since after 1.4, it was almost unusable

v1.5

-Added Silencer compatibility (Finally)

-Added Ammobox (M16 Ammobox under ammo)

-New Reload Animation (Still may need some tweaking with timing)

-White backgrounds on UI pictures have been fixed

-A3 variants use proper model now

-Added A4 variant with custom trigger assembly (Full Auto)

-Different File Structure

-All addons are optional now (Use optional cfg file if you want to use mod compatibility)

-Lowered sound volume so it doesn't split your head in two

-Fixed multiple bugs brought on by version 1.4

http://rapidshare.com/files/2429227362/SHM_m16a4.7z

Thanks for the quick update with tons of fixes, and thanks for being able to keep the custom-trigger a4 :).

Only significant issues I can find now is that the A4 model's iron sights seem to be off (using it with tracers, the shot hits above the front post even if I'm aiming at 600m but using a zeroing of 100m; optics work fine), and that the silencer does not appear on the A2/A3 models.

Thank you very much for informing us about the updated version mate :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Sham's M16 Pack [bETA] v1.5

required_addons.png

The below addons are not required, they are all optional!

FHQ Accessories pack

FHQ M4 pack

MK18 Pack

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Excuse me my good sir, Isn't the M16A4 a three round burst weapon?

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

sorry senor, my mistake :P Great addon bud

I just noticed that on the M16A2 and A3 the bolt doesn't move. The A3's model is still the A4 for the M203 version, but other than that good work.

NP, enjoy!

hmm's I'll take a look at the ironsight issue. i don't think I had this problem yet but nonetheless, it is something that should be fixed! For the A2/A3 models, I forgot to make an optional entry in the optional cfg file come to think of it. I guess the only compatible silencer at the moment is "muzzle_snds_m" hope that helps for now...

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

@13isLucky Thanks, bad mistake on my part, okay, will be fixed in next update. Sorry about that :)

How can I make it so that the barrel grip versions appear in VAS instead of the mag grip versions?

No leaf sights? i also can't adjust the range on the 203, it's stuck at 400m.

@samyG It's all in the classlist, for example, "shm_m16a4" would turn into "shm_m16a4_barrel_grip"

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

@Lao Fei Mao Yes it would! Unfortunately, I'm a config/script guy, not a texture artist. I have actually thought of trying to mess with textures however. Hopefully I'll make some and they will be released in the next or after update.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

the leaf sight is temporarily down until I can figure out how to put them up without having them always up. I think I have seen this in ArmA 2 and am trying to figure it out, right now. Thanks for the headsup on the 203 stuck at 400m and I will look into it but right now, I'm trying to fix the ironsight issue that the gun always shoots above the front post. Does anyone know how to calibrate the weapon? or is it all in the eye memory lod?

EDIT: I've done some researching and it appears that the real M203 really doesn't go any further than 400 meters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M203_grenade_launcher

Look under maximum range

Edited by Shammy2010

IIRC, the FHQ M4s have switching leaf sights. May want to ask Alwarren how he managed that.

I believe the issue is in the eye memory LOD. In terms of the m203 zeroing, I think people are asking for it to be zeroable at closer ranges, i.e. 100m, 200m, 300m, or 400m.