Sign in to follow this  
shammy2010

Sham's M16A4 Pack Port

Using this weapon alot in any mission that uses VAS atm-love the weapon sounds!

Glad you liked it, please let me know what you think of the new sounds that have been implemented in today's update! If I get enough feedback saying that the old ones were better, I will implement them back!

Thank you very much for informing us about the updated version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just grabbed these after ck above recommended them to me, great job on them mate, the sounds are good, but if some people do not like them compared to the old one's then you can always add a folder to the download which says alternate sounds and put the new or orig versions in there for people to choose from?

Thanks for the effort.

(would say Aholic informed but mr above always beats me to it!)

Thanks man, glad to see people enjoying my mod, afterall, that's exactly what I make these for. But thanks again for the feedback. The old sounds I believe is what your friend CK liked actually because I updated the new sounds a couple hours after he replied but if people like the old sounds, I have a way of keeping them both, an optional addon which one can install if they don't like the default ones. Thanks for the idea though, couldn't think of it until now

Anyways, have a nice day and enjoy!

Thanks for the update buddy.

Yes i was referring to the old sounds, glad you added the GL versions, gonna have a test of the new sounds now :cool:

Hey shammy, really good mod but I just wanted to offer some constructive criticism. Personally I prefer the old sounds to the new ones, first of all because of the volume, the old sounds have a very defined kick to them which I really enjoyed, and second the different sounds for each shot with the new update kind of grinds my gears a little bit just because it doesn't sound very natural you know? other than that, really good job all around bud.

Actually, that's how I felt about the old sound lol, It sounds too loud and gives me a headache lol, I wish Ollie would have screwed with the sound volume back then. The new sounds are actually what the actual M16 sounds like believe it or not. Don't worry though, I will add the old sounds in an optional folder so people who enjoyed them can use them instead lol

Having tested a lot more ,have tbh the old weapon firing sounds are way better-in my opinion :cool:

But still my weapon of choice on our servers :yay:

Love the new sound!

However, IMO it's too loud and people shooting it 100m away sounds like they are standing right beside you.

@ck-claw Thanks for the opinion, I got an updated version of the sounds from ollie which sound way better now and also has a kick like the previous one but nonetheless, I will release old version of the sound later today or tomorrow or something with the new version and a couple surprise features! :bounce3:

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

@Brain

Thanks for the tip, gotta look into it then.... I might have no control over it though because it may be just the engine. I noticed other weapons sounding the exact same a 100 meters away but I will definitely look into it!

Also getting an error when trying to download,

The download for this file has not been enabled. Only the user who uploaded it, can enable the download option.

Download fixed, sorry for the inconvenience!

Edited by Shammy2010

Thank you very much for informing us about the new version mate :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I notice that it's incompatible with the BI tracer mags, the MRCO and any suppressors...

was testing the weapons and got to the m16a3 and it crashed upon firing, will restart and try again and see if i get the same results

edit: could not recreate the crash. must have been something else that coincided with me firing the weapon for the first time (should be worth mentioning that upon firing weapons for the first time the sounds were delayed / didn't play (vanilla and the m16s, when i was comparing sound volumes))

sounds are good!

might want to fix the muzzle flashes because they're kind of weird

m16a3/a4 with the M203 don't have the leaf sights (as in the sight mount is there, but the sight itself isn't even on the model), while the m16a2 with the m203 does have the leaf sight fully present.

mesh error when reloading on the m16a2 m203, broken bits of magazine are still present when you reload

other than the low quality arma1 models and the above, these guns are pretty good to go

Edited by germanaagun

@chortles Can you tell me exactly what you mean when you say BI tracer mags? the weapon uses tracer mags and the class list for it is "30Rnd_556x45_T_Stanag". Also, could you tell me what is the MRCO scope? the classname for it so I can update the config.cpp accordingly? Now if you are trying to use scopes on the M16A2, I haven't added the ability because the M16a2 has a fixed ironsight which cannot be removed. Therefore, many scopes requiring a(n) RIS scope is incompatible, plus I had no scopes that were compatible with the A2's fixed ironisght in my arsenal like the AN-PAS so I decided to leave it unscopable for now. As for silencers, I actually plan on adding them in the next update along with an ammobox!

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

@germanaagun my mod may be clashing with another mod that you may be using. I noticed that HAFM is no longer usable, I get a no entry message everytime and the game crashes when enemies fire upon you. Might have been an update or maybe my mod is now clashing with the mod. I recommend not using whatever it is that is making the mod a little unstable at the same time. The sound problem has never occurred for me and I cannot recreate this problem. Also, the muzzle flashes are default arma 3 ones and looks fine to me. The leaf sight on the m16a4/a3 are actually there, but they are folded in down an angle which is hard to see. However I will try to bring up the m203 leaf sight up or put the m16a2 sight down, don't know yet. And I see the magazine glitching out when you reload the m203, problem is, I need an animation to which the m203 reloads... I'll see what I can do

The "low quality arma 1 models" are unfortunately all I had, my expertise lies in the configs, not really modelling and texturing lol.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

One problem I found that I have forgotten to fix is that the M16A3_M203 uses single and burst mode instead of single and full. It's been fixed and will be released next update

From BI the tracer classnames are "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Green", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Yellow", the MRCO is "optic_mrco", and the 5.56 mm suppressor is "muzzle_snds_m", though I would also suggest adding the four FHQ M4 suppressors and the two from the MK 18 MOD 1 Pack, "Muzzle_MK18_L" and "Muzzle_MK18D_L".

Okay, thank you chortles, I will update the config.cpp. However, I really don't want the mod to be dependant on any more mods so I think I'll stick with the regular silencer. Thanks again!

It wouldn't necessarily add incompatibility though? I'm just suggesting the BI suppressor and six addon ones that are shorter in visual length, as far as what's allowed, since you already made this FHQ Accessories compatible but not required.

Well it is different mods and fhq accessories is kinda required as without it, you will receive an error message and error messages tends to lead to bigger problems like ctd's and performance issues at times. I try to keep things as smooth as possible, but don't worry, I always made everyone happy and I think I have a way of keeping everyone happy by rearranging mod structures and putting configs in maybe a different pbo file. Keeping the config that requires the mods separate and allowing users switch the configs around when they want. Can't guarantee that this will though so keep your fingers crossed!