Sign in to follow this  
shammy2010

Sham's M16A4 Pack Port

The only thing that puts it off for me are the hand animation.

Nothing wrong with the way he's holding it, it's just the clipping in the currently released version.

I know you said you fixed it already, but if you could update it soon it'd be nice :)

Don't worry, been busy the past few days but I"m just trying to release a few more things with the update so stay tuned for that!

Fhq ones are not nad however i dont like the unrealistic front ironsights and sight picture as well as how fat they feel. But all good.

I heard about the front sight a lot (and lately, someone could even point out what is wrong with it so I fixed them in the next release) but I have never heard my guns need to lose weight :)

Great release! I tested it right away.

I also tried to find ALL the bugs that there was in this current version.

Here's what I came up with:

bugs2.png

click it

I hope it helps you to pinpoint the problems and improve this oh so necessary addon. Great sounds too, btw!

Edited by AlexVestin

I'd say the proper way to describe the problem with the "red-dot sight" is that it's not "co-witnessing" -- the optic's reticle dot is slightly below the tip of the front sight post.

A beautiful thing has been accomplished.

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/9050/arma3camotest.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img850/4348/arma3camotest2.png

I had a go at giving the model some improved camo textures.

I'd really like for you to have them, if you want that is. Just let me know.

It'd also be cool with one extra version like the standard M16A4 but with the railcovers, carryhandle and the front sight removed,

and then just low-profile flip-up sights at the front and the rear :) No problem with optics like the red-dot sight then either.

Edited by AlexVestin

@AlexVestin

Alex, has anyone told you that you are a genius?!!! Because I am telling you!!! the visual bug report has been so helpful and effective! I can work more effectively and fast now! For the red dot scope, I have never noticed that but I will look into it for sure, if you could inform me about what weapon that is on, that would be very helpful, my bet is that both weapons do that but I will check right now. I have actually noticed the weird shadow as well but thought that was just something on my part, I will correct it as well. Also the collapse on the carryhandle is something I HAVE to fix but I will fix all of them. And the suppressor, I left that intentionally because I don't think they attach silencers to M16's even though it has the same barrel as an m4 which does have silencer attachment compatibility for sure but I will definitely try to attach the silencer if I can get a yes that military personnel DO use silencer with M16A4. Hand anims will be fixed once more as will everything you have listed.

The images of the camo M16's are also real cool!!! I would love to have the ArmA community to have these! I will contact you about this and talk further through PM.

As for the M16A4 without carryhandles, railingcovers, or front sight, can you provide a picture for reference for that aswell? lol I think I know what you mean but not sure, maybe you mean the one from rainbow six vegas I don't think that one has a frontsight but it would be nice if I could get a picture to take as reference

Thank you for your efforts. This is awesome!

Shammy2010

Glad you liked the feedback! I'm answering your pm. You'll get it soon. Red-dot sight problem was for both rifles I think.

Here's what I mean:

http://imageshack.us/a/img839/8920/m16a4clean.png

Has a rifle like this ever been in use? Someone that knows if it'd be an acceptable setup?

I'm also interested on how surpressors are used with the M16A4.

Edited by AlexVestin

And the suppressor, I left that intentionally because I don't think they attach silencers to M16's even though it has the same barrel as an m4 which does have silencer attachment compatibility for sure but I will definitely try to attach the silencer if I can get a yes that military personnel DO use silencer with M16A4.
I'm not aware of non-SOF using suppressors, but these two photos were claimed to be suppressed USMC "Squad Advanced Marksman Rifles" (SAM-R), though they may indeed be what the Wikipedia article describes as "West Coast SAM-Rs" -- M16A4s with optics and bipods -- while the 'proper' current SAM-Rs are said to be able to accept KAC quick-detach suppressors (since these SAM-Rs come with compatible flash suppressors).

Here's a tricky bug I think. It's on the firing animation. I have no Idea how that stuff works.

boltcatcher.jpg

@AlexVestin

I thought that the bolt was working so fast that it wasn't noticeable or something but apparently I'm wrong I will take a look into this as well... hmmmm....

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

@Chortles

Hmmm... this is interesting piece of information I'm being showed here. So it IS happening around, the silencers being used on M16A4's I mean. I'll add suppressors I guess lol. It may take a while though because so many bugs and things to fix

Edited by Shammy2010

Sorry, I was away for a while but now I"m back for a little bit. I fixed as much as I could

V1.2

-Added M16A4 with Camo thanks to AlexVestin

-Added M16A4 with both magwell gripping and barrel gripping

-Fixed Many bugs with the grip animations

-Fixed Bolt not moving when fired

-Fixed red dot miscalibration

=Fixed alot of small bugs!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmljxxuuglm7a20

Just want to report a little problem :

The shadow of the handle grip does not disappear when we take a scope :

130629011627391362.jpg

@scorch052

I have been testing it with the beta for the last couple hours, I would imagine it is!

@Roadfield

Thank you, I do not understand why I cannot see these obvious problems ingame when I try them but yes, it will be fixed in the next update!

One problem i have. I didn't see any m16a4 m203 camo variant. only the two black textured m16's then the non m203 variant camo

Yes, it is not added, however, I notice that the texture that I have received from AlexVestin actually does infact work with the m203 variant of the model. Therefore, it will be added in the next update, I just need a couple more bugs to be notified of which I still infact do not know and then I will release it with that.

Could you also make it compatible with the FHQ accessories?

Yes I can but I was trying to avoid making it dependent on other mods so you'll find out in the next update lol

Yes I can but I was trying to avoid making it dependent on other mods so you'll find out in the next update lol

http://25.media.tumblr.com/9939d80aafd7f1217af815bd1f7ab42b/tumblr_mjw1xxXQ6T1s14h9co1_500.gif

Btw, it doesn't have to be dependent on other mods.. The Mk18 mod 1's just give you a meaningless error but still work if you don't have the FHQ accessories. You should talk to ardvark and see how he did that

Thank you very much for informing us about the new version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

can you tell me though what happens when you use the fhq pack? does it not let you, or does the scope end up in the middle of weapon?

can you tell me though what happens when you use the fhq pack? does it not let you, or does the scope end up in the middle of weapon?

Doesn't let me use the FHQ Accessories. But all you have to do is add in a custom config to the mod (optional) and if you want to use them, drag the custom PBO over into the addons folder