Sign in to follow this  
shammy2010

Sham's M16A4 Pack Port

Good Day!

With atleast a weeks worth of effort, I have finally finished my M16A4 model for ArmA 3 with ADDITIONAL FEATURES!!!

Now for the "Additional Features" I've been talking about, (they're not exactly much but I plan to do more with this):

-M16A2 and M16A3 models now available since 1.4

-FHQ_Accessories Required since 1.3

-Custom Reload Sounds

-Custom Weapon Fire Sounds

-Custom Proper Hand Animation (in my opinion, and googles)

-Barrel Grip animation also included since 1.2

-Possible to add all weapon attachments in ArmA 3

-Proper Recoil

-Compatible with regular arma 2 classname magazines

-Black Textures since 1.7

-Foldable Leaf sights since 1.7

-A stroke of Kick Ass!!!

Now for some images:

2013_09_13_00001.jpg

2013_09_13_00002.jpg

2013_09_13_00003.jpg

2013_09_13_00004.jpg

2013_09_13_00005.jpg

Thank you Sabre for your Marine addon and FSF Makhno for your Koplic terrain

And finally, before I provide you the download link, I'd like to say: This is my first ever mod for ArmA 3, therefore, if things are a little dodgy, please forgive, I tried my best to make this as bug free as possible!

Notes:

I have had some debate over the magwell grip and the truth is, it's personal preference. Therefore it is realistic

to have both magwell and standard barrel grips among soldiers. That is why I have decided to add some diversity in

my mod by including both magwell grip and barrel grip so mission makers have the option of adding a bit of diversity

If they want to use my mod.

Changelog:

V1.75

-Works fine with Full Game

-Fixed Pitch Black Textures

-Fixed Fatal Config Error messing with optics (Sorry about that)

-kind of fixed optics not being in the right place (ACO scope is still unusable)

-Tweaked hand animation to look a little more natural (Not that noticable though)

-added smoke to breach when firing (WOO!!)

v1.7

-Skipped 1.6!

-Darkened Non Camo Textures

-M203 Leaf sight should now flip up when fire mode is selected (Thanks to advice from Alwarren)

-added different variants of UI pics for different attachments

-Calibrated Ironsights (Thanks to advice from Kaelis and ALwarren)

-Fixed many model bugs such as the A3 still using A4 model

-Fixed bugs concerning config.cpp such as making the mod more dev branch friendly

-Magazine in different PBO now, should fix any crashes

-Reload Animation should look better now

-Fixed Bolt on the M16A2 and A3 not moving

v1.5

-Added Silencer compatibility (Finally)

-Added Ammobox (M16 Ammobox under ammo)

-New Reload Animation (Still may need some tweaking with timing)

-White backgrounds on UI pictures have been fixed

-A3 variants use proper model now

-Added A4 variant with custom trigger assembly (Full Auto)

-Different File Structure

-All addons are optional now (Use optional cfg file if you want to use mod compatibility)

-Lowered sound volume so it doesn't split your head in two

-Fixed multiple bugs brought on by version 1.4

v1.4

-Added M16A3 and A2 Variants

-Tweaked M203 Animation

-Added revamped sounds thanks to Ollie

-Added old sounds in optional folder

-Sounds should sound different far away (Not Sure)

v1.3

-New Authentic sounds recorded from actual shooting

-FHQ_Acessories now required

-Added M16 M203 Camo Variant

-Fixed ironsight shadow showing when optic equipped

-Fixed minor bugs

V1.2

-Added M16A4 with Camo thanks to AlexVestin

-Added M16A4 with both magwell gripping and barrel gripping

-Fixed Many bugs with the grip animations

-Fixed Bolt not moving when fired

-Fixed red dot miscalibration

-Fixed alot of small bugs!

v1.1

-Fixed Hand Animation so that it doesn't go through the weapon on regular M16A4

-Added M16A4_M203

-Improved sounds thanks to oliie

-Fixed Reload Animation

-Unloaded M16 now has no Magazine

Classlist

M16A4: Shm_m16a4

M16A4 Camo: shm_m16a4_camo

M16A4 With Barrel Grip: Shm_m16a4_barrel_grip

M16A4 Camo with Barrel Grip: shm_m16a4_camo_barrel_grip

M16A4 M203 Shm_m16a4_M203

M16A4 M203 Camo Shm_m16a4_M203_Camo

M16A4 Custom Trigger: Shm_m16a4_Custom_trigger

M16A4 Camo with Custom trigger: shm_m16a3_camo_custom_trigger

M16A4 With Barrel Grip with custom trigger: Shm_m16a4_barrel_grip_custom_trigger

M16A4 Camo with Barrel Grip with Custom Trigger: shm_m16a4_camo_barrel_grip_custom_trigger

M16A4 M203 With Custom Trigger Shm_m16a4_M203_custom_trigger

M16A4 M203 Camo with Custom Trigger Shm_m16a4_M203_Camo_Custom_Trigger

M16A3: shm_m16a3

M16A3 M203 Shm_m16a3_M203

M16A3 with Barrel Grip Shm_m16a3_barrel_g

M16A2: shm_m16a2

M16A2 M203 Shm_m16a2_M203

M16A2 with Barrel Grip Shm_m16a2_barrel_g

30 Round Stanag Mag: 30rnd_556x45_stanag

30 Round stanag Tracer Mag (Yellow): 30rnd_556x45_stanag_tracer_yellow

30 Round stanag Tracer Mag (Red): 30rnd_556x45_stanag_tracer_red

30 Round stanag Tracer Mag (Green): 30rnd_556x45_stanag_tracer_green

Grenades for the M203:"1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell", "1Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell", "1Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell", "1Rnd_SmokeGreen_Grenade_shell", "1Rnd_SmokeOrange_Grenade_shell", "1Rnd_SmokePurple_Grenade_shell", "1Rnd_SmokeRed_Grenade_shell", "1Rnd_SmokeYellow_Grenade_shell", "UGL_FlareCIR_F", "UGL_FlareGreen_F", "UGL_FlareRed_F", "UGL_FlareWhite_F", "UGL_FlareYellow_F"

Credits:

Bohemia Interactive - For their Model which they have kindly given out for learning and other

purposes!

-ToadBall - Man's a genius, without his M16A4, this would never see the light of day!

-Zach Gibson - Without him, I could have never filled in the rest without his tutorial,

thank you!

-Oliie For improving the sound of the weapon

-AlexVestin For his beautiful camo textures

-Alwarren For his advice for the leaf sight flipping

-Kaelis For his help calibrating the ironsight

-Combatmed101 For information on the sighting

-and whoever I may have forgotten!

Future plans:

- Better Textures

- Finally: Debug reported bugs

Optional Mods Supported:

FHQ M4A1

FHQ Accessories

ardvarkdb's MK18 Pack Mod

Finally a download link! Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?wmag8apln0k6sc2

Edited by Shammy2010
Updated!

Hey,

ill check it out right now!

But as a quick advice: Check out Alwarren's FHQ Accesories, he posted a config file (or something like that?! :D) in the Forum Post for other Modders to make their weapons compatible with it.

Cheers.

Thank you for the feedback, I actually didn't know if Alwarren's FHQ Accessories were out for everyone to use I thought it was just for FHQ_m4's but I will consider putting them in. The problem is that I don't want my mod to be dependent mods but I also think that it is possible to do it without the dependency. I will check this out shortly

Think of it this way -- attachments compatibility currently works in "exclusive whitelist" fashion, weapons are compatible only with specified attachments and not the other way around; this means that every time a new attachment mod or pack thereof is released you'd have to be updating your M16A4 port's configs to specify the new attachments as among those that your M16A4 can take.

For this reason Alwarren has been advocating a ticket on the Feedback Tracker calling for a change to a mount-based attachment compatibility system of the "this weapon shall be compatible with any attachment that uses this mount type" sort; under this sort of system you would simply have to specify the mounting type, i.e. "my M16A4 is compatible with any Picatinny rail-compatible attachments", and then your M16A4 would automatically be compatible with any attachments that use a Picatinny rail mount without further intervention required by you.

pretty good, only thing i've noticed so far is that your left hand is a bit inside the magazine where your holding it.

You are not allowed to port Arma 2 content to Arma 3. With this you "give" anyone who does not have Arma 2 its content anyway. That is not right, is it?

Also see this:

Hi guys,

We’re happy to see modding and user content up to a massively rapid start. We were blown away by the amount of user missions up within hours of release, and enjoyed playing with some of you on public servers! :cool:

We do want to add some clarity to the concept of forward-porting Arma 1 / 2 content into Arma 3, so here are some guidelines to keep in mind:

• In general, you cannot simply redistribute data we shipped with previous games.
  • The only data that is governed by special licenses are the sample packages.
  • There are other, and accepted, ways of merging Arma 1 / 2 content into Arma 3. This is handled by releasing new add-ons that merge the content people already own via configuration files. We are working on an officially supported approach for later (similar to TKOH's Rearmed).
  • We urge you to treat each other's work with respect. Please ask for permission before you take someone's mod and port it.

Thank you for understanding. We look forward to all the awesome creations you are producing, and have several supporting packages being published as we speak!

[add on]

Please contact me over PM to explain me exactly what content you have used/ported!

[update]

This has been sorted. It are not Arma 2 models ported to Arma 3, instead Shammy2010 used the Arma 1 example models which BI released and which people can use!

[update 2]

And now frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Edited by Guest

You don't think it'd be possible to make it so that you hold your hand on the barrel when standing and crouching?

You don't think it'd be possible to make it so that you hold your hand on the barrel when standing and crouching?

The barrel hold is actually very unrealistic, if you look at pictures of marines in Afghanistan or iraq, you will notice, most of them have it where I put it (around the magazine)

It is not perfect but it will be fixed soon so hold tight!

I don't know, to me it looks more like it tends to be held that way when bracing against something or lying down.

Oh well, don't think it'll take too long for some servicemember to pop by and give their take on how it's typically held.

It's not just Marines who have hand positions for M16s though... ;)

Sorry but i not found ammobox for this addon in the editor, is correct installed, i double check directory, shortcut, etc... in Extensions show ON, but ingame, in the editor, not found the ammo box for this weapons. Of course i used addweapons etc... but i like not if you are created ammobox at this time or not.

Edited by Legolasindar

@Legolasindar

Yes, unfortunately, at this time, the mod is still at it's "beta" stages. I just got real lazy when it came to making an ammo box and I'm also new to this modding stuff. I'm mostly a mission maker, so I didn't really find any tutorials on how to do it in my short little google search. However, if someone can post up a good tutorial on how to do this here. I can make an ammo box within the release of the next update.

Additional Info: I already finished fixing the hand animation where the left hand is a bit too inside the magazine and I've also fixed the reload animation where the magazine would hide until the animation is complete. Will release that later this week but for now... yeah your gonna have to bear with it.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

@chortles and scrim

I understand that some people are still accustomed to the old arma 2 hand animations but this just seems more realistic to me. This is why: if you have your arm outstretched like that, the weight of the weapon will actually tire that arm out which would be bad for long timed engagements/standoffs. and secondly, weapons with undersling railings will probably dig into your hand if you are holding it from underneath it. The weapons weight will dig the sharp edges of the railings into your hand which will probably get very uncomfortable in a couple minutes. With that being said, if you just google M16A4, you will see most serviceman aiming the m16a4 have it around the magazine. I think this is why this hand animation is a little better.

As far as I understand, the m16's trigger group can be interchanged between variants, including variants of the m4; do you think it would be possible to also have an m16a4 that has a semi-full option, rather than the typical semi-burst mode?

@kaelies

As far as I know, the standard issue M16A1 and M16A3 are the ones with safety-semi-full I can probably try to model an M16A3 because the M16A1's are outdated. I just need M16A3 images. Or I could do this, call the M16A4 a custom and give it a semi-full. Both would require a bit of modelling which may take up weeks so I'll have to think about it. Thank you for the idea however!

@kaelies

As far as I know, the standard issue M16A1 and M16A3 are the ones with safety-semi-full I can probably try to model an M16A3 because the M16A1's are outdated. I just need M16A3 images. Or I could do this, call the M16A4 a custom and give it a semi-full. Both would require a bit of modelling which may take up weeks so I'll have to think about it. Thank you for the idea however!

Yea, meant to have a custom m16a4 in, I don't think the m16a3 or m16a1 have a pic. rail. Also, the m16a3 is just an m16a2 with the full-auto group, as far as I'm aware. Not sure if you could do that with just a texture swap or even just a config edit, or if you'll need to make a new model for it, but thanks for looking into it, it'll help out a ton!

There are rail adapters that fit atop a M16A1 or a M16A2 carry handle though.

please make an m4 as well and nice touch on the hand position, thats how i fired my boomstick from the prone sometimes. eventually i got my bipod forward grip and switched to that ;)

Custom M16A4 it is!!! Although I would like to add the m16a2 version sometime soon. oh well, we'll see what happens...By the way, I'm also thinking of adding tape on the stock and magazine. Kind of like this:

600px-BHDM16A2-2.jpg

It would require a little messing with the textures however, I don't know if it's going to be that popular of a feature. Let me know your opinion guys.

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

@thedog88

The thing about the m4 model is that I'm the modder who gets things done when no other modder is doing it. For example right now, no one except for toadball touched the m16a4 so I wanted to let some ideas out. However, the m4 is already created and they have WAY better quality than I can ever make them. Try the FHQ_M4's, they are really good. They just don't have my awesome hand animation is all lol. I might make another project for the M4's but that is probably going to be after I'm done with this M16 here. Thanks for the idea though!

Edited by Shammy2010

Skip the tape IMO. From what I've read, the only reason there was tape on the rifles in the movie was because they thought it'd look cool, not because there was a trend/reason to tape your shoulder stock or magazine.

Fhq ones are not nad however i dont like the unrealistic front ironsights and sight picture as well as how fat they feel. But all good.

I think sometimes they'll attach a loop of cord to the bottom of a magazine using tape.

Skip the tape IMO. From what I've read, the only reason there was tape on the rifles in the movie was because they thought it'd look cool, not because there was a trend/reason to tape your shoulder stock or magazine.
Plus from what I recall, the main reason that one might do that in real life... "dual mags". Not worth it unless you somehow bring said functionality into the game as well. :p

well I don't really know what you mean by "nad" lol but as I've said, I have considered future projects to have an m4. You could maybe wait for that, I'm just debugging the mod right now but I will get to that eventually lol Additionally, I would like to ask for some features yoo'd like to have implemented in my M4 mod just incase I do get to it soon. i will give your name in the credits as you will do me the favor of inspiration....

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

@Chortles and scrim

From what I hear, the tape is supposed to nullify the sound of the action of the weapon. I don't know how true that is. I just heard. Seems pointless but seems cool so I wanted to add it but most people are saying no to it so I guess it is a no for now. Dual mags are also possible I'm sure, i just don't have the advanced scripting knowledge to make them. I would also need an animation "gesture" as they are referred to in ArmA. I'm too lazy to do that!!! I have never seen any point in a dual mag and I think it's a bit too "hollywood" so I'm just not going to touch it just incase someone wanted to ask for them lol Just letting out my opinion.... feels good! you should try it sometimes!

Edited by Shammy2010