Sign in to follow this  
Monkeyshots

Make AI Team Leader proceed to next waypoint based on trigger

Hi,

i have a single player scenario where i play a rifleman role under an AI team leader. the first waypoint is a search & destroy waypoint. to determine the end of the search and destroy operation i created a trigger. this works with updating the tasks.

i have a link between the trigger and the waypoint but the ai team leader does not proceed to the next waypoint and the team keeps scouting around the area instead of moving on.

what am i doing wrong?

thanks.

Is the Wayoint connected to the Leader?

Yes, all the waypoints are connected to the leader.

It could however be possible that the original leader was killed in action and another ai stepped up as leader afterwards. Could that be the problem?

Yes, all the waypoints are connected to the leader.

It could however be possible that the original leader was killed in action and another ai stepped up as leader afterwards. Could that be the problem?

Not that I'd know, but once the SAD WP is done (area cleared of enemies) they should just continue on their own, you dont really need a trigger for that.

I have investigated the issue further today. it seems the problem is not the waypoint but that the units just in general are inable to walk to that location (peer at agia marina).

Could not get them to follow me there when i was team leader also they would refuse to go there when issuing a "move (to)"-command.