Sign in to follow this  
JohnBravo

If disabled people play in ArmA 3

Hi all

let you know i am Disabled person{deaf} I write basic english only

I tell you if more disabled people will play in ArmA 3 game.Some disabled people who cant write english well or cant read.

Never know if deaf people come to play in it too

I know they will

One problem is little upset me..is Heliocopter..i like flying in helio i have no problem with that..

One thing i saw some server say MUST USE TEAMSPEAK for helio only..

When i look in it...i thought it is not fair for me..I am always doing hard way all the times

they never thought if disabled people want to play in it..it about fun game

I never play very serious game

This is game is not real

I know some servers want be very serious game..

Dont matter win or lose..we try doing our best..it about fun game ;)

thanks

It is pretty standard for clans in MP. But it does have a purpose, it is for communication purposes. For example some servers also have the rule on domination that planes should not rape main, but instead should wait to be called in by ground forces. It is much easier to talk to someone in the air then type to them, as it locks up your movement. And in combat, stopping to type gets you killed quite often (or at least that's the reasoning). Also it is used to try and filter out the noob pilots from pilots that at least can land the helicopter and aren't just using it to practice flying.

As far as server requirements go, it's a fact of life. It can be add-ons, communication apps like Teamspeak, membership in their community, whatever, but whoever runs the server is free to make those demands. Rent your own server and you can do the same.

As for the specific issue you mention, most communities will require anyone using an asset to be a part of that community, whether it's as a formal member or as a guest on their TS server.

Also, MOST communities are happy if you are at least communicating, even if it's through text chat. Join their TS anyway, make them aware of your situation, and they'll probably understand. I wouldn't be surprised if they are still hesitant to allow you to command an asset, though. Showing them you are capable of communicating effectively might change their minds on that. As for any community that is completely resistant to the notion of a player not using voice comms - screw 'em, and find a better group to play with.

Good luck!

I am good pliot flying helio pick up people up and drop them off no problem..sometime when i drop people off then i got under fire by enemy .helio went down.i jump off helio and help with our troops..they help me :)

Best thing if people want to go to target ..only write on map put LZ...then i know where we going to..always use text chat :)

Not teamspeak at all

No chance for use teamspeak

Sometime i made my mistake to crashed my helio..our people in it all dead..i told them i am sorry :)

they just laughed :)

Yeah, I would say just talk to the server admins if you are really interested. They might be understanding of your situation and let you fly anyway (if you prove to be a decent pilot and can communicate via text effectively).

Hello there

I understand your pain. I too have been sworn and shouted at by folk because I am often unable to use a microphone in general play even when it wasn't a server requirement.

"D00d! everyone has a mic! derp!" type attitude.

If a server/squad insists on it and is aware of your situation then they're probably not a bunch you want to be with anyway.

As long as you make the effort to gel in with any squad and their codes of practice then you should have no issues. If there's any problem, most likely it'll be their fault not yours.

Rgds

LoK

Hi

I'm disabled too. I''m on wheelchair and I have speech defect, but sometimes i try interact with others via VOIP and many times it works ;) But if you want have the best expirance from game you should play with friends or more professional clan who know you and your situation. Sad true but true...

Sorry for my englishh but i'm not use it time to time :)

But if you want have the best expirance from game you should play with friends or more professional clan who know you and your situation.

This is true in general for everyone. There are a lot of jerks on the Internet.

Hi

I'm disabled too. I''m on wheelchair and I have speech defect, but sometimes i try interact with others via VOIP and many times it works ;) But if you want have the best expirance from game you should play with friends or more professional clan who know you and your situation. Sad true but true...

Sorry for my englishh but i'm not use it time to time :)

This is true in general for everyone. There are a lot of jerks on the Internet.

Yup! You can have a lot of fun pubbing, but I truly believe that there's just no beating being part of a community when it comes to games like Arma.

@johnBravo - contact server admins in teamspeak with text, type in the chat box - it may be a bit hit and miss attracting attention that way but most should respond - ask permission and I would imagine many would let you fly if you explain the circumstances and prove yourself as a good pilot. I will ask a few I know on your behalf and pm you with server details if they OK it.

well you have option either type while flying or use limited communication commands with keys 1234567890 where you press for example 5 and report your status. ir just say in radio chat Ready to fire, Negative. etc...

We do prefer pilots in the choppers to use Teamspeak, as often there are plans and tactics being discussed or decided that would concern the choppers. Specially since it is the hardcore members that are on teamspeak all the time, and we like to think we are important enough so that pilots should listen to us hehehe.

That said, we dont mind pilots not being on TS or VON, as long as they have good flying skill and use whatever way to communicate. Chat & mapmarkers being perfectly exeptable like OP points out.

Most people can talk, but we prefer people that put their actions where other peoples mouth is :P

Some of us are just plain introverts that don't want to bullshit with you via microphone. If I'm required to use it I simply don't play there.

If I wanted to talk to human beings I would go outside.