Sign in to follow this  
doogerie

what do you think about the game so far?

what do you think of the game  

157 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think of the game

• Love it best Arma game yet
    • it's ok not as good as Arma2
    • I don't like it ARMA1 was better
    • This is my first Arma game

I guess some people must be playing this "unplayable unoptimized unfinished game with no content" since your servers are so freaking populated.

Yes some people are playing it, at the moment there's only 991 users on the servers, and even if they are a very little number (considering the title), they still enough to fill 15 servers with 64 players aboard (atm there's only 20 servers with a fair number of users aboard). It is a logic consideration, i'm not sure why you're pointing it. :O

It's a dumb question because the game is in a very early stage.. it's like asking: "what do you think about that car?" ...while only the wheels are ready. :)

So there's no way I can have an opinion yet then. Weird. But, I like the wheels.

so far the game is pretty good for small scale single player missions. I've yet to really experience good performance in multiplayer. I have fun playing multiplayer, but it leaves much to be desired. I can only imagine how this game will perform with larger 'high command' missions. for that matter, A2 didn't do so well with those either

Yes some people are playing it, at the moment there's only 991 users on the servers, and even if they are a very little number (considering the title), they still enough to fill 15 servers with 64 players aboard (atm there's only 20 servers with a fair number of users aboard). It is a logic consideration, i'm not sure why you're pointing it. :O

Check this site out:http://arma3.swec.se/server/list

Give better info than the game server list

It may be running badly on some machines but there are a lot of variables. Who knows how well they are maintained or what other software is using up resources.

(It may not be all ARMA's fault)

Anyway, I'm sure BIS will work hard on the optimizing but that usually happens at the end of development.

It is a logic consideration, i'm not sure why you're pointing it. :O

You are so generous hosting servers for this unplayable game, thanx :)

Check this site out:http://arma3.swec.se/server/list

Give better info than the game server list

I gather my stats directly from gamespy, the same way as swec.se does it for A3 and A2. ;)

Anyway, I'm sure BIS will work hard on the optimizing but that usually happens at the end of development.

I'm not that sure (considering the story of this engine)... but I really hope, considering the time, money and effort i'm investing into the arma series I would like to have (at least) same fun back! :)

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

You are so generous hosting servers for this unplayable game, thanx :)

You welcome. ;)

What about us playing mostly SP? We are left out :( ..lol at your statement.

I believe this game is going long and far...as it has been going since 2001!

What about us playing mostly SP? We are left out :( ..lol at your statement.

Yes, you're left out of MP ...since I was answering to a question about online server ... you decided to play alone against the AI.

In a game where most of the fun is playing with friends in a squad, i'm not sure why someone should limit himself to the offline mode (online coop makes much more sense), but hey it's not my affair! :)

So far I really love it, but there's nothing to do in the alpha. Once you have completed all four showcases there is no content at all. This is very annoying, because the alpha is relatively stable at this point and I would love to play more. However there is simply nothing in the game to draw me back in.

I play MP everyday and love it.The thing that draws me in is the much improved movement allowing me some crazy high adrenaline experiences with very little of the death from clunkiness that Arma2 had.

Sorry i dont vote any ArmA 1 to ArmA 3..

I would vote for Old Operation Flashpoint myself :)

I play MP everyday and love it.The thing that draws me in is the much improved movement allowing me some crazy high adrenaline experiences with very little of the death from clunkiness that Arma2 had.
I have never played the alpha multi player. I've always played ArmA/OFP mainly single player and coop with friends. In the alpha there is no single player content aside from the limited showcases, and the coop missions available seem very limited. Everything I see is strange game modes like survival, role playing, and "wasteland" whatever that is. I like Evolution, Domination, Insurgency, Warfare, and other dynamic missions. Anything like that out yet?

Right now, 3:30pm Eastern Standard:

Players Online: 1578

Servers Online: 568

Not bad for a small content release.

Once the big island, battle-eye, and server tools roll out, we'll see more MP players.

Meanwhile, there's enough players online to find a fight.

Once the big island, battle-eye, and server tools roll out, we'll see more MP players.

Before anything I would like to see the performance issue to be solved, since a big island and more contents would cause even more performance issue if they doesn't get addressed before.

Meanwhile, there's enough players online to find a fight.

Wasteland servers? I run them too, since this is the users demands, but after a while it's getting really really boring.

Before anything I would like to see the performance issue to be solved...

What do you mean by 'solved'? Something has improved since 1st Alpha release as I get better FPS now than I did then -does that constitute your fix? Or do you require an uninteruptable never drop below 60 fps while my settings are all Ultra guarentee while they're still adding features -any of which can bring FPS to a grinding halt. Hell I remember a small AI fix in one of the Arma2 Betas which literally halved FPS - with code that delicate how could anyone make such a proclamation as 'Optimization now complete!!!". It will never be 'complete' -but hopefully an ever evolving process of streamlining. What other developer has released an Alpha and had demands that the ALPHA be completely optimized? Im really curious to know that one.

But again: evaluating a game in its early stage makes no much sense, so this thread is dumb by definition. ;)

I am getting sick and tired of this mindset. "It's an Alpha, you can't judge it now! It's too early to complain about this!"

Then what in the world is the point of the entire thing? Just to keep us occupied until they release it? The whole purpose of this alpha is so that people can find something that needs fixed and BI can fix it.

While I'm ranting, if I see another single statement trying to differentiate this game and COD and BF3, I think I'm going to explode.

I, for one, think this game is going to be leaps and bounds less frustrating than Arma 2. No more extremely blurry view, no more negative mouse acceleration problems, and far, far fewer bugs even in this early stage. From the screenshots, Altis seems like an excellent area for combined operations; much moreso than a seemingly overlooked Stratis - which is just an island for training, anyway. Just think of how much better developed Chernarus was than Utes, for example.

The only thing I'm not completely confident in is further performance increases. They don't even need to optimize the code too much; just shift a whole lot more to graphics cards. My GeForce 680 is starving. :(

Edited by comc

Then what in the world is the point of the entire thing? Just to keep us occupied until they release it? The whole purpose of this alpha is so that people can find something that needs fixed and BI can fix it.

You said it, so what are you complaining about? You cannot evaluate the product at this stage, this stage exists only for test the product to find what must be fixed... and there's many things to fix (and probably there will be tons other when they will make available more contents).

Again and again: this poll is dumb with the given options... "love it best arma game yet" ???? ... are you serious? Are you really comparing this alpha with a complete game (content complete)? Sometime it's like discussing with 8yo kids here... best arma game yet, with 1 map, 6 weapons, and 5 vehicles.. this is so stupid that you don't even find the words to comment it.

Wasteland servers? I run them too, since this is the users demands, but after a while it's getting really really boring.

The team death match, TDM, server i play on is often full. It's full right now, with 50 slots.

Maybe there's room for more TDM servers?

best arma game yet, with 1 map, 6 weapons, and 5 vehicles..

Yes, for me and obviously other people too(amazing huh, i mean it's UNPLAYABLE lol)A3 in this very early stage is already lining up to be the best in the ArmA series :yay:

this is so stupid that you don't even find the words to comment it.

Great :D

The team death match, TDM, server i play on is often full. It's full right now, with 50 slots.

Maybe there's room for more TDM servers?

Atm nope... sometime you get a coop mission full, some other times tdm, ...you'll figure by running multiple servers by different missions, you'll notice that the only one with a fair number of users across the whole day (so you won't waste your server "space") at the moment is Wasteland (sadly.. because, honestly there isn't much to do in Wasteland right now).

---------- Post added at 08:29 ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 ----------

Yes, for me and obviously other people too(amazing huh, i mean it's UNPLAYABLE lol)A3 in this very early stage is already lining up to be the best in the ArmA series

"Having potential" (that ironically was my first reply) and "already be" is two complete different things... saying (today/at this stage) that this is already the best ArmA game, doesn't make any sense. Seems pretty obvious to me and there isn't much to talk about it.

Simply the best:exclamation:, so far.