Sign in to follow this  
doogerie

what do you think about the game so far?

what do you think of the game  

157 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think of the game

• Love it best Arma game yet
    • it's ok not as good as Arma2
    • I don't like it ARMA1 was better
    • This is my first Arma game

from what we have so far . what do you thin about the game? personally i think it 's better the ARMA2 but what do you think . I loved ARMA2 but I think Arma 3 will just blow it out of the water.

F.Y.I: We need some kind if underwater C4 or something.

I voted Love it best Arma game yet.

Of course ArmA 3 needs A LOT of work to be done, but as far as a alpha i REALLY like it :cool:

Loving it. ArmA does get better with each iteration, by orders of magnitude IMO.

Gamechanging features (for me):

Ragdoll.

Altitude based fog.

Fog that blends with sky. (No "popping" in of objects.)

PhysX physics.

Render-To-Texture.

Better performance/cooler running PC.

Voted BEST ARMA YET !

Just awesome in almost every way, and the things that need to be changed will be changed for the better.

Good potential, but apart this nothing can be said today.. otherwise the first thing that you may notice is the poor optimization that makes it unplayable, but again it's alpha so we should wait at least the beta to see what the final product will be.

you may notice is the poor optimization that makes it unplayable, but again it's alpha so we should wait at least the beta to see what the final product will be.

I guess in this case YOU means you, i mean it runs really great(really great for an alpha) for me and tons of other people i've played with.

Yep, runs VERY well for me (i7-2600k & GTX580) Better than ARMA2 even with the improved graphics.

(Hint: Don't put all settings ULTRA just because you can in BF/COD. See if each makes a visual difference and what the performance cost is)

So many improvements over ARMA2 already and its still just Alpha!

BTW: Optimization is done at the END of the development.

Edited by EDcase

Its got great potential but needs the AI fixing and more islands.

Will be great once mods come out for it (ACE, ACRE, BAF etc).

Runs really well (even on my A2 pc).

I like A3, it will become a classic, but only if ai can be made better, a lot better.

For looks & tourism A3.

For combat A2 leads be a long way.

At the moment.. Hopefully will change..

The series has always run well for me, so no issues with performance. Just ai..

It's taking the right direction for sure but me and my team mate stick to Arma 2 until the content and some improvements are made in A3.

It will definitely be a great game for all the Arma's lover.

Too early to asking such questions, it's still Alpha, wait until it's a finished product then ask.

Been playing it several times a week - the new Domination by Xeno is excellent - it works better on Stratis than it did on Takistan - new code and terrain means battle is more spread out, more trees / more cover.

Most people seem to thoroughly enjoy it and the continued development shows much promise - if this is Alpha where will it be in 12 months? Can't wait?

I think the poll choices are a little vague as right now it's hard to say. While the game is shaping up to become the best game in the series, I'd have to give my vote to Arma 2 simply because arma 2 is fully developed with multiple DLC packs, limitless mods and content It's also more familiar to work with. Arma 3's current development state can't be compared to arma 2's current updated with all dlc/expansions.

At this moment I can see the potential with how well and quickly expectations are being exceeded. Arma 3 is quickly showing the ability to be the leader of the series. But I can't say that yet, once the game hits a full release candidate state it could very well be true. The modding and feature support just isn't quite there yet because we are still in Alpha development phase. However I voted it as the best arma to date based on where Arma 2 was at this point in development versus arma 3's current overall look, feel, support, and mods. It has in nearly every way built upon and improved every key feature from previous games.

There is nothing wrong with performance optimization in Arma 3 besides usual ones from being in development with errors and a constantly changing and evolving code. It has the same performance all previous arma titles if not better. Arma takes a different approach to performance. Instead of locking you down to very limited settings to keep everyone in a certain fps range based on their system. They fully allow the user to create their own ideal playable settings. Just because you crank all setting to max, put view distance to 12k and can't get above 12 fps doesn't mean the game is broken. All that means is you exceeded your own limit of whats playable. You have to adjust settings to your needs, not expectations if very high works in game a,b, and c, doesn't mean very high will work in arma 3.

Over time I would like to see performance increases, however I'm not expecting much as it's up to the user to configure their settings accordingly. Perhaps an easier way to change some settings besides opening the config files.

Good potential, but apart this nothing can be said today.. otherwise the first thing that you may notice is the poor optimization that makes it unplayable, but again it's alpha so we should wait at least the beta to see what the final product will be.

Seriously why are you even still here?

I'm convinced you don't even actually play/own the game. Instead you just come here to complain about everything.

Game is very much playable on my machine. Yes, it could use some improvement, but it works fine.

Too early to asking such questions, it's still Alpha, wait until it's a finished product then ask.

Is it too early to ask: what do you think about the game so far?

Are you on drugs, are you drunk?

What a great alpha, Enjoying the dev branch and seeing the game being developed, beta not far away :yay:

I guess in this case YOU means you

Hem.. I do not mean only me.. eheh:

http://feedback.arma3.com/plugin.php?page=Vote/list_bugs (most voted issue in the official bug tracker)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=716 (1348 votes!)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147533-Low-CPU-utilization-amp-Low-FPS (138 pages thread)

...no, it's not about "me"... unfortunately. :)

But again: evaluating a game in its early stage makes no much sense, so this thread is dumb by definition. ;)

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

Seriously why are you even still here?

Hmm.. let me think.... hmm.. damn hard question... hmmm..... oh: i'm here to show my nice cat avatars!

I'm convinced you don't even actually play/own the game. Instead you just come here to complain about everything.

You said something right: I'm not playing much recently (poor performance, not much contents, I prefer to wait for a more complete version), for the other two points: I own the game (of course), and I also run some of the most populated servers in the list (I do it only to show other cats pictures in the loading screen of course). One tip: do not try to push your beliefs by using poor argumentation about ppl that you don't know, you're going to fail. ;)

Game is very much playable on my machine. Yes, it could use some improvement, but it works fine.

Great! :)

I agree with others that its too early. I decided not to vote because right now my vote would go to arma 2 simply because its a full game and has dlc and tons of mods for it. Arma 3 will be better then arma 2 but we will have to wait till beta or full release for me. I

I play more ArmA 2, but ArmA 3 still keeps improving. So the final product will be surely much better than A2!

But again: evaluating a game in its early stage makes no much sense, so this thread is dumb by definition.

It's dumb by definition, if you did not understand the definition:

"what do you think about the game so far?"

i'm here to show my nice cat avatars!
(I do it only to show other cats pictures in the loading screen of course)

oh no you didn't!!!

The terrain is a joy to PvP on. Stances allow avatars to use cover much better than A2.

Terrain and movement alone will make A3 a classic.

and I also run some of the most populated servers in the list

I guess some people must be playing this "unplayable unoptimized unfinished game with no content" since your servers are so freaking populated.

It's dumb by definition, if you did not understand the definition:

"what do you think about the game so far?"

It's a dumb question because the game is in a very early stage.. it's like asking: "what do you think about that car?" ...while only the wheels are ready. :)

nope its like asking

"what do you think about that car So far ?" taking into consideration only the wheels are ready.

:) , i do agree the possible answers are too restricting for the question in the poll tho . there is nothing like :

so far so god

it has poetntiol

not impressed so far