Sign in to follow this  
BiZzR32

OVER POWERED AI ! Please fix this for final game ruins coop

Can there be a single thread nowadays without a post that mentions that BF3 crap as an example of True Perfection every single unrelated game should follow?

If BF3 is so perfect and ArmA3 is so evil taking your moneys while giving you -50% discount why not go back and play The Perfect Shooter?

Edited by metalcraze

After weeks of getting annoyed at the AI in COOP MP missions i am considering changing to PVP because their not over powered super freeks ! Consdier being shot 500m away while ur laying down covering behind a rock and you shoot 1 enemy then another random one spots you puts his gun up and fires, not even taking any time to line up a shot from a standing position . It just ruins the fun of it. Changing the skill level doesnt change the AI just changes the markings and player positions am i right?

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUES ALSO ! Along with all the others ones , mainly being the constant crashing of the game and Slowing down to a freeze at time , gameplay . . . I respectfully request these issues to be looked at also asap !

This has been an Issue since OFP and has been complained about since OFP. Why do you think mods have to be made to make it work better? The AI is a fundamental part of the game and should be dealt with by the devs and made playable by release. AI one shotting you in this series has always fucked people off.

It is NOT a matter of practice and dumbass comments such as L2P only show peoples ignorance in video games. The setting can be tweaked on the server in an .ini file (or cfg) which is total shit. You shouldn't have to mess with files when AI settings have been a component of all FPS UI's for over a decade.

BIS need to get with the times, they finally (almost completely) addressed the movement issues and I also have an issue with the AI settings - what is it, Ai Skill and AI Accuracy? Is that it? that's what I need a whole core of my cpu to process? That's as far as I can tweak it?

For all it's fancy AI subroutines, they are much help when their skill level is set so ridiculously high it ruins peoples experiences and makes you feel your fighting robots with lasers rather than actual soldiers who on the whole shouldn't be as well trained as yourself.

than actual soldiers who on the whole shouldn't be as well trained as yourself.

Actually they should be a lot better than yourself at high skill settings. And worse on worse skill settings.

Otherwise you will be able to go one versus 2 (or more) enemies and end up winning - which is already a problem.

LOL @ all the complaining tools. You won't be around long gentlemen! See his BANNED tag ?

How many times does it take cretins to learn .... THIS IS AN ALPHA. You paid for the full game but as an additional feature you are able to see the Alpha, Beta while you wait.

Now if you haven't 2 braincells to rub together, I hope I get to kick your arse in a PvP match.

"Consdier being shot 500m away while ur laying down covering behind a rock and you shoot 1 enemy then another random one spots you puts his gun up and fires, not even taking any time to line up a shot from a standing position ."

Tested with Veteran difficulty on the airfield. 500 meters. One against 10 enemy. Facing eachother.

Enemy can't see you (standing up) and you can't see the enemy, unless you use binoculars or scope. They'll spot you if you shoot at them, and they'll return fire, crouched or lying down ..only if they have weapons with scopes. They might hit you after few single targeted shots if you stand still, they don't shoot bursts like in closer combat. You can even take few hits and survive. You can stay low on the grass and change your position, they can't see you unless you stand up or shoot at them. Still they cant hit you wit a single shot. Go low and change position, and you are safe.

Same scenario, 300 meters,

You'll see the enemy, and they'll see you, and start shooting. Still no one shot deaths. You can run to the grassy area and hide if you change positions quickly enough. They might try shooting grenades, and come searching.

150 - 100 m,

Enemy sees you instantly, and starts shooting, if you move fast, you can survive. Go low, hide and change position, they'll lose you.

<50 m,

No chance of survival.

Seems realistic to me.

"The 500 meters instant-headshot-deaths", that is just not happening (Snipers may be a differend thing).

And if two soldiers are facing towards you, kill another one, and the other know exactly where you are, even if you are "behind a rock".

Arma AI is evil (most of the time), but so are you. They can spot and kill you from a far distance, as far from as you can, too. If they are careless, they will die. Just as you would.

And that is fun.

Edited by Azzur33

Ya its called dont buy a game thats so bugged .. . . I dont have issues with dogs you are able to handle them easier then a PC game and its bugs. Makes me remember why i brought an Xbox them years ago

And dont be too sad, theres worse out then then a theif.

Froggy your the biggest fuckin tool ive ever met, all you can do is comment in defense i assume you have something to do with the game. Or are lickin the right asses for your benifit. Get off your PC and go help fix this game. And maybe MORE ppl will be happy to buy and play the game

Just admit the games in a hopeless state and im partly right. DONT CHARGE PPL FOR ALPHAZ in future just take it in , without dribbling some more

---------- Post added at 04:44 ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 ----------

The AI skill level was a concern for me and my MAIN concern as posted in first post was the Stablity also , of the game. So im addressing this now. People on forums are slightly slow , nothings chnaged

You got it all wrong.

1. You bought a game that has NOT been delivered yet. Saying you bought a buggy game is ridiculous.

2. You paid for the final release, you DID NOT pay for the Alpha or Beta.

3. You get to download the Alpha and Beta as a perk to buying the final release early.

What you have on your computer right now is NOT the game and calling it "the" game is misguided.

2. You paid for the final release, you DID NOT pay for the Alpha or Beta.
I will note that the fact that people are not recognizing this is exactly what BI got wrong in promoting the public alpha release; it's not GameStop-style "leave a refundable deposit" but rather it's Steam-style "full amount" pre-purchasing... it's just that the current "full amount" is almost half (in USD) of what it'll be at final release.

TL;DR: you got an close-to-50% discount for buying a game six months ahead of final release... a game which in six months would cost as much as Call of Duty: Ghosts or Battlefield 4 would. :p

Don't bother replying to BiZr32 .... he's banned and won't be back. He obviously can't handle the Alpha pressure!

However, if it stops more dolts from posting ....

I guess I'm getting old but I don't understand this sense of entitlement I see over the last few pages of this thread from certain posters. This is not a problem limited to Arma 3 or gaming for that matter.

Besides I get the feeling I've read this thread before...

However, if it stops more dolts from posting ....

There is a saying... you can't make something idiot-proof.. the best you can hope for is idiot-resistant :p

I updated Metalcraze's Ticket with another video.

This video shows the AI enemy squad sends a hunting party of 2 to the location I shot from after searching for 5 1/2 minutes one AI inside a building spontaneously has a way point right on top of me ( I am prone behind a tree hundreds of meters away with multiple walls and objects between me an any AI ). At that moment 2 more AI enemy move up to join the hunting party and I'm eventually approached and killed.

This bug cannot be reproduced if you only allow the AI to spot you or to injure you. If you do not kill an AI they will not find you. You must kill an AI in their formed group of two or more.

The bug can be reproduced as long as there are a minimum of three AI enemy linked in a formation regardless of any of their rank or having a designated Squad/Team leader and if one of them is killed. In fact my 3 AI formation squad test showed that they will get the Players location faster. If you spawn 2 AI enemy and kill one, the other never pursues player.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8204

This was a very interesting video. Earlier in the referenced ticket GhostOne seemed to think that the original repro was somehow tainted by troopmon3. When I get home from work, I might try to repro without troopmon3 (if you haven't already) a couple of times to see if they can find me down there.

(also, I was hoping we could bring the discussion back to AI :D )

There is a saying... you can't make something idiot-proof.. the best you can hope for is idiot-resistant :p

and just when you think something IS idiot-proof, up pops a new class of idiot!

3. You get to download the Alpha and Beta as a perk to buying the final release early.

This is not correct, not for those who bought arma via Steam Early Access program. In fact you bought exactly the game today in its early stage, so you can follow the development. Whenever it's clearly that the game is bugged (as is), the alpha neither the beta are "perks" (or bonus), neither you pre-ordered the game, you PURCHASED a game in its early stage (like all he other early access games on Steam). This isn't the correct way to propose a alpha game to the mass (because the general public doesn't understand what alpha is... so we have many complaints), but it looks like that the developer nowadays wanna cash as soon they can.. but the user annoyance is the price you must pay to go (too) early on the market.

This is not correct, not for those who bought arma via Steam Early Access program. In fact you bought exactly the game today in its early stage, so you can follow the development. Whenever it's clearly that the game is bugged (as is), the alpha neither the beta are "perks" (or bonus), neither you pre-ordered the game, you PURCHASED a game in its early stage (like all he other early access games on Steam). This isn't the correct way to propose a alpha game to the mass (because the general public doesn't understand what alpha is... so we have many complaints), but it looks like that the developer nowadays wanna cash as soon they can.. but the user annoyance is the price you must pay to go (too) early on the market.

You bought Arma III, you didnt buy an Alpha. It just so happens BI are offering you early acces along with your full game.

Again, you never payed for an alpha or beta, you desided it was best to buy it now, because it was cheaper and you could join the testing.

Basicly you are saying the people who bought if from the BI store, bought it under another license then the ones who bought directly from steam? not true lol.

Steam doesnt change anything, you still bought the final game, with acces to developments builds. Steam doesnt make you special mate.

You cant slander a company for ignorance amongst the costumers tbh.

And its not to early, its the perfect time to find the bugs and get them fixed, during development of the core elements.

Maybe you just choose to join abit to early?

As for AI, they do seem to be overpowered at times, spotting you to fast, but im not to worried.

The game is very playable atm and i enjoy it so much.

LOL @ all the complaining tools. You won't be around long gentlemen! See his BANNED tag ?

BiZzR32 was not banned for complaining.

This was a very interesting video. Earlier in the referenced ticket GhostOne seemed to think that the original repro was somehow tainted by troopmon3. When I get home from work, I might try to repro without troopmon3 (if you haven't already) a couple of times to see if they can find me down there.

(also, I was hoping we could bring the discussion back to AI :D )

I tested this few times in various places, using Spectator camera to see what the AI was doing. Veteran difficulty, AI skill 0.90. Latest Dev. build (24.5.).

4 AI, one shot dead, running away, making sure that AI don't see where I hide, and well away from the last location I was definitely seen.

2 AI searched the "last seen" area thoroughly for a while, and was called back after few minutes.

On the airfield, as in the video, I hid in the larger building near the tower, and near the "last seen" area, again, making sure no-one saw me enter the building.

Again, two AI seached the area I was last seen, and did a pretty good job (it was really cool to watch).

They eventually came to the building I was (scary...), didn't see me, continued searching around the area. And they had obviously No clue where I was. After about 10(?) minutes they were called back.

Not a single "psychic AI" experience. They Do search aggressively if one is shot, and If you are not properly hidden, they will find you. Behind a tree?. No chances.

Edited by Azzur33

yada yada

what a bunch of nonsense.

if you search arma 3 in the steam shop you will find "arma 3 Alpha". if you click that you will get on a page that has a huge sign on it saying "early access". it's further explained too on that same page.

"Be one of the first to play Arma 3 and contribute to its development by providing feedback. You'll also gain access to the Arma 3 Beta as soon as it becomes available and receive a Steam version of the complete game upon release."

but i guess these days it's too much to ask from people to read a few lines.

and since you didn't seem to have read the early access page yourself here's the link for you http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/

and i'll make it even easier for and list the relevant key point you can see there in big letters on the right side.

"Help test and report bugs" (look there's even a little picture of an actual bug to help you grasp the concept)

and even if this was BI's way of trying to fool you, it says more about you than about them if it works...

Edited by Bad Benson

To put it bluntly... if you get killed by an AI shame on you for being a rubbish soldier! Learn to use cover wisely and don't get caught out anywhere where the enemy could see you but you cannot see them.

You rush, you die.

Not yet sure if this is a valid observation or not.... but after the stable branch update last night I noticed that situations in Al-Fallujah that definitely would have got me killed before, were now somewhat more forgivable. I was setting the spawned enemy to aimingAccuracy = 0.2, but was still being slaughtered before. Last night, I seemed to be having a much easier time if it.

and since you didn't seem to have read the early access page yourself here's the link for you http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/

Are you joking or you are really blind? You're really linking me the FAQ where it's clearly written that PURCHASING a early-access game is NOT PRE-ORDERING a game (it's the damn last 3rd point!).

I know perfectly what the early-access is, i'm correcting those ppl like Twelka that are spreading false information, like:

"You get to download the Alpha and Beta as a perk to buying the final release early."

^^^^^ This is FALSE, when you buy an early-access game, again, you're not pre-ordering it, you're PURCHASING the game in its early stage to participate (in a form of suggestion and collaboration) to its development.

This is completely legit of course, the down side is that you're collecting money from "steam people", and most of them are just videogamers used to play with finished product, so many of them wouldn't understand what a alpha is, neither they would understand how to "beta test" a game, they wanna play.

^^^^^ This is FALSE, when you buy an early-access game, again, you're not pre-ordering it, you're PURCHASING the game in its early stage to participate (in a form of suggestion and collaboration) to its development.

You forgot to mention that you get a huge discount, but of course thats not in your interest to mention.

Not yet sure if this is a valid observation or not.... but after the stable branch update last night I noticed that situations in Al-Fallujah that definitely would have got me killed before, were now somewhat more forgivable. I was setting the spawned enemy to aimingAccuracy = 0.2, but was still being slaughtered before. Last night, I seemed to be having a much easier time if it.

Since release i've spawned units with aimingAccuracy = 0.3 which i found very manageable.

^^ agree with the 0.3 aimingAccuracy being a good compromise. My only beef is MGers that refuse to lie down prior to firing and end up spraying in the air! These AI must be super strong (and super stupid) to be able to hold a MG and try and hit anything, while in crouched or standing position.

You forgot to mention that you get a huge discount, but of course thats not in your interest to mention.

Huge discount? Do you already know what's the final price? May I read the official words about it?

Huge discount? Do you already know what's the final price? May I read the official words about it?

Check out this page. The prices of the beta / final release are listed above the system requirements.

the down side is that you're collecting money from "steam people", and most of them are just videogamers used to play with finished product, so many of them wouldn't understand what a alpha is, neither they would understand how to "beta test" a game, they wanna play.

Pretty sure its the opposite. It is exactly 'Steam people' and videogamers who understand it far more than say, Larry my stockbroker neighbor. The 'Steam people' may be immature and demanding at times -but that don't mean they don't get it.

Check out this page. The prices of the beta / final release are listed above the system requirements.

Wow, that is a nice lil bag O' cash I saved :)

Are you joking or you are really blind? You're really linking me the FAQ where it's clearly written that PURCHASING a early-access game is NOT PRE-ORDERING a game (it's the damn last 3rd point!).

my point was (if you read my post) that everything you need to know is written all over steam.

your point seems to be that the way how other companies deal with their early access is an indication on how BI handles their's. which stems 100% from your imagination. now weigh them up...

i was addressing one of your "points" specifically

Whenever it's clearly that the game is bugged (as is),

you can turn it however you want it still doesn't make any sense at all. you are trying so hard to make a point that isn't there it's ridiculous. just because you focus so much on one imaginary aspect doesn't mean everyone else does.

and since you seem to have trouble reading i will help you out again.

Some developers will start by offering a discount for buying early while others will charge a premium, depending on their goals and the level of commitment and feedback they desire from Early Access customers.

and just to spare you any further embarrassment. the phrase you keep repeating doesn't make your point at all.

No. Early Access is a full purchase of a playable game. By purchasing, you gain immediate access to download and play the game in its current form and as it evolves up and through 'release'.

this describes exactly what the arma 3 alpha is...:rolleyes: so pretty much this "You get to download the Alpha and Beta as a perk to buying the final release early." infact that's what programs like early access are for. it's a mix between a good deal for the customer and the develpoer getting more testers. again....read the early access page...

the fact that it might be buggier than other early access games doesn't change that at all. but please go on...

Edited by Bad Benson