Sign in to follow this  
BiZzR32

OVER POWERED AI ! Please fix this for final game ruins coop

After weeks of getting annoyed at the AI in COOP MP missions i am considering changing to PVP because their not over powered super freeks ! Consdier being shot 500m away while ur laying down covering behind a rock and you shoot 1 enemy then another random one spots you puts his gun up and fires, not even taking any time to line up a shot from a standing position . It just ruins the fun of it. Changing the skill level doesnt change the AI just changes the markings and player positions am i right?

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUES ALSO ! Along with all the others ones , mainly being the constant crashing of the game and Slowing down to a freeze at time , gameplay . . . I respectfully request these issues to be looked at also asap !

There is no issue to fix, the ai is fine as is! If the skill change did not work for you, then get more practice. This is not some run and gun console game.

This can be "fixed" by mission makers adjusting aimingAccuracy but it seems nobody does that which turns AI into full-auto snipers.

Consdier being shot 500m away

There are no weapons in Alpha that would let AI shoot that far so effectively. Considering they don't even see anyone 500m away without the help of binos.

MX's effective range is 400m or something.

However precision is a bit too high. Server must change AI precision in the profile file. I usually use 0.2

Edited by metalcraze

MX's effective range is 400m or something.
Is that the ammo effective range for 6.5 mm caseless NATO across the board irrespective of which MX variant it's being fired from, or does this have to do with (at least with the BLUFOR Rifleman's hands) having a RCO attached? I recall the zero distance for that being only 300 meters.

You could launch this mod on the server side.

It's working great, it's a good solution before we can set the AI correctly in A3.

There is no issue to fix, the ai is fine as is! If the skill change did not work for you, then get more practice. This is not some run and gun console game.

Take note people ^^^

When AI are spawned they have maximum settings - you need to turn down the skill settings when you spawn them. It was the same in Arma2.

see this:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSkill_array

When AI are spawned they have maximum settings - you need to turn down the skill settings when you spawn them.

Huh ? As far as I know, they take over the skill level that you set for them in the difficulty settings, not the maximum. That's only with SuperAI on (i.e. everyone's Chuck Norris).

Arma aims for semi realism. In reality, most soldiers can't shoot for shit in combat situations because of how crazy it is and mostly they just "unload" in whatever direction they think the enemy is. That is not the case with un-modded AI currently :)

Thanks for the feedback i will pass the info onto map makers and the server admin

The fact that the AI skill doesnt change with the skill level of the game seems a bit silly if you ask me . As we all know if you choose Veteran on any FPS its normally alot harder . Maybe they should consider this with Arma 3 so the AI skill isnt so complicated to change.. Ive noticed in game options there is a skill leve thing for the AI but i dont think that affects online play

Also, i wanted to mention also ive been playin MP missons from Armaholics . And there isnt an option for the AI to be less stoopid is there? I mean every COOP game i am in , i Can guarentee theres an AI shooting through trees or doin hip shots at 300-500m , killing me right before i raise my sights up . So basically . They see me , and fire a shot out and kill me before i can even go prone and put my sights up ... This seems a little over looked in my eyes. And gets rather annoying to have basically stuff all chance to take out a whole squad by yourself. At best 4-5 enemys . Before getting popped yourself (Behind cover also)

Edited by BiZzR32

You are not invincible you know! Even taking out 4-5 enemies would be pretty good in any battle. Yes, this is a game, but having the ability to have superAI makes you think about where you are, your chance of being suppressed, and likelihood of being killed.

I really don't have a problem with them. nor do they shoot at me from 500m away

they're also meant to simulate real military conditions. personally I like to get closer to get a better shot. but they seem to be of the school that they send a bunch of bullets in your general direction the moment they see you. but honestly that is probably the 'safe' thing to do, because then you're 'suppressed', and won't be able to effectively return fire

Thanks for the feedback i will pass the info onto map makers and the server admin

Also, i wanted to mention also ive been playin MP missons from Armaholics . And there isnt an option for the AI to be less stoopid is there? I mean every COOP game i am in , i Can guarentee theres an AI shooting through trees or doin hip shots at 300-500m , killing me right before i raise my sights up . So basically . They see me , and fire a shot out and kill me before i can even go prone and put my sights up ... This seems a little over looked in my eyes. And gets rather annoying to have basically stuff all chance to take out a whole squad by yourself. At best 4-5 enemys . Before getting popped yourself (Behind cover also)

Those fixes/suggestions that some of the people have posted in this thread? I wouldn't be surprised if -- especially if you're playing on multiple servers -- almost none of said server admins were using these fixes. :(

This is not broken its simply a lack of education on the mission makers part. Like if they didn't give you any ammo for your weapon and then come and complain that "all guns are missing ammo"

the forum is great but the tracker is specifically for submitting feedback such as this so that the devs and community members can see the suggestion in one place.

http://feedback.arma3.com

Wait NOOOOOOO,its realistic to be shot fellas.If your rifle is accurate and you can pick off enemies then why would you expect otherwise by enemy soldiers who spot you.You need to play more with a one life mentality.Go from cover to cover,scan constantly and do not just run in like Rambo.If an enemy is suppressing you then be careful and try using the other stances to expose as little of yourself as possible....or call for help.I love when I run to next cover and get spotted with bullets hitting all around me.My squad can rape huge amounts of enemies and not get killed.The AI are not overpowered so please don't make the game into a Rambo killing spree experience.

That said last night I was so annoyed and died 20 times playing the "Escape from Altis" mission but its because it was me and 10 players vs a huge army that just kept respawning.You will die in war mates so stay low and move slow!!

I will also attempt to be a lil more cautious in my game planning .. However i beleive i already am . Normally topping the leader boards in kills. But ya i just think their skill is slightly over rated . Their ability to see you and spot you and maintain visual contact even when u swap positions, PRONE the whole time until under fire. Their aim is just Too good :) But oh well. Maybe map makers need to be aware of the skill set levels upon making map

Wolfstriked is right actually. If you can shoot AI at a 200m distance with 2-3 shots at most with some practice then he should return the favor. If a red dot is dead on a static enemy and you hit fire - you WILL hit him. With the current arcade-shooter like aiming it's very easy to do. If it's easy for you, it's easy for AI. But the 'static' is a keyword here. Never stay in the same position for longer than a second or two if shots start landing nearby.

Of course sometimes the real problem is a mission design... Especially it's often seen in many COOP missions where mission makers add respawn and drop AI that always outnumber you 2:1 or 3:1 (which is not realistic at all since attacker must have 3:1 advantage vs defender, not vice versa) and so it turns into you dying again and again and simply grinding through AIs simply because 30 shooters have more chance of hitting you than 10. That's the mistake too many mission makers make nowadays. And why some people complain that COOP is boring - and that's true, those missions are boring.

That's why norespawn COOP missions or Veteran-balanced (1 savegame) SP missions are the best. The balance in them is always almost perfect.

If you want to really have an enjoyable non-PvP experience go only for these.

Edited by metalcraze

Maybe map makers need to be aware of the skill set levels upon making map

Yes, that is the most important I'd say.

I've made a few personal SP missions myself (getting familiar with the editor). My first few missions were always ending with me dead. However once I discovered that you can adjust the abilities of every soldier you place, then the "penny dropped".

To me, the default for the soldiers seems to be at above average ability rather than limited (or normal if you prefer, but that is subjective too). But yes, the art of balancing the soldier abilities for the environment sometimes does come into play and, I feel, should be tweaked by the map maker for a pleasant vs frustrating experience.

Wait NOOOOOOO,its realistic to be shot fellas.If your rifle is accurate and you can pick off enemies then why would you expect otherwise by enemy soldiers who spot you.

Though the ai is unbalanced right now I really hope whoever is doing the ai twaking keeps this in mind. If a human can do it the ai should be able to do it as well. In game, at 300 metres I find it pretty easy to pick off targets with the mx so the ai should be able to do it as well. My way to get the right accuracy value for the ai is to literally have a dual with them on the airport and tweak the accuracy values until we are basically hitting each other at the same time.

That being said I think the biggest problem with the ai shooting is not that it is too good or too bad but rather that it isn't dependant on the situation they are in. The ai will always shoot at X speed with Y accuracy no matter what. If they are under fire, don't know the exact location of the target, are shooting at close range or being pinned down by enemy fire they will always take the time to line up the same types of shots. It think this needs to change because it is not human-like. If a human doesn't know the exact location of an enemy (ie. he is somewhere behind that bush) he sprays a bit. If a human is under heavy fire and will be killed if exposed to long he pops up and only fires quick burst in the general area of the enemy. If a human has the jump on the enemy and has time he takes as long as he needs and ensures his shots hit. The ai should mimic all of these behaviors. That is the only way to truly fix the ai shooting. Simply tweaking their accuracy up or down will always make the ai to good or to bad in certain situations.

Oh and ai spotting hearing and ability to retain/share knowledge about you is actually imo a worse issue. It is what really needs tweaking/overhauling.

I just made my own map , and noticed the skill level factor. . . . I will attempt to finish the map later today on 1/4 settings

I just made my own map , and noticed the skill level factor. . . . I will attempt to finish the map later today on 1/4 settings

your right man, the ai have super powers and can shoot through trees and magically get a headshot from like 300m+.

Hahahahaha

I have had this same issue the aim bot on arma 3 is pretty intense

I make maps myself and no its not the skill level setting ive made 2 missions now with the AI level set too nothing and they still are able to spot you from hundreds of Metres away and through trees, grass and other objects.

Its fucked and they need to do something about it i put almost 500 hours into arma2 OA

and countless hours into their other titles and have not once come across this problem until now....

Hahahahaha

I have had this same issue the aim bot on arma 3 is pretty intense

I make maps myself and no its not the skill level setting ive made 2 missions now with the AI level set too nothing and they still are able to spot you from hundreds of Metres away and through trees, grass and other objects.

Its fucked and they need to do something about it i put almost 500 hours into arma2 OA

and countless hours into their other titles and have not once come across this problem until now....

The sniper/aimbot issue can be "fixed" by adjusting aimingAccuracy when spawning units and that works but you have to set it really low like 0.2-0.3 to really feel the difference!

The sniper/aimbot issue can be "fixed" by adjusting aimingAccuracy when spawning units and that works but you have to set it really low like 0.2-0.3 to really feel the difference!

Can you confirm where to edit this ?

+ that MOD does not WORK

This can be "fixed" by mission makers adjusting aimingAccuracy but it seems nobody does that which turns AI into full-auto snipers.

If everyone has to edit a mission to do the same thing, then it should just be lowered by default. Personally i am getting pretty sick of BIS messing up default settings every fucking time, it really takes away from the game.