Sign in to follow this  
Topsu

Being locked on

How do I know when someone is locking on me or has fired a fire and forget missile on me?

This is a very general question, and it really depends on the weapon being used, and what vehicle you are in. Many advanced vehicles will have audible signals that will indicate lock, some will have visual signals on a display or HUD. In one case when hit with a Laser Weapon the T90 turret automatically rotates to the direction of the lock. But it varies by vehicle. Most simple units such as any light vehicle, most OPFOR Tanks, have absolutely no indication much like real life.

As major AAA titles have you believe, it is not that easy to avoid a FGM-148 Missile lol.

Missile warning is broken in ArmA II for most units for years since Version 1.57... I don't exspect it to be fixed like so many other bugs that slipped in with DLCs

Edited by Beagle

This is a very general question, and it really depends on the weapon being used, and what vehicle you are in. Many advanced vehicles will have audible signals that will indicate lock, some will have visual signals on a display or HUD. In one case when hit with a Laser Weapon the T90 turret automatically rotates to the direction of the lock. But it varies by vehicle. Most simple units such as any light vehicle, most OPFOR Tanks, have absolutely no indication much like real life.

As major AAA titles have you believe, it is not that easy to avoid a FGM-148 Missile lol.

Ok thanks. :)

But sometimes when I am in a jet like su-25 I get no warning at all if someone is locking a sidewinder at me.

And if I am in an attack helicopter does the radar flashing mean missile has been launched/is locking on you?

But sometimes when I am in a jet like su-25 I get no warning at all if someone is locking a sidewinder at me.

And if I am in an attack helicopter does the radar flashing mean missile has been launched/is locking on you?

Yes it does.