Sign in to follow this  
SAMstudios-3Dartist

How many modders will only stay with arma 2? And not start modding for arma 3?

Yeah another, why the hell is that, moment.

Likely they have one or more channels in their normal map inverted. This is an easy mistake to make.

BIS always outdone it-self with great series since OFP right now i am not filling A3 but hoping down the road with full game i will change my mind you have to have time and full will to create addon for this game after time people get burnt real life takes over.....

what the max. poly count allowed in A3 model.

You're totally right on that sir. I ain't no modder but certainly not a hard thing understanding all the complications involved. And to be honest with you, I think if was into moding (something I'm planning to get myself into)and really good at it... I'll certainly not let ignorant profiteers gets their hands on my work for free. They'll have to pay to get to play with em toys. But that would only be for something that's an AAA piece of digital art and renowned by the community in a way.

Edited by vagabond985

I'll certainly not let ignorant profiteers gets their hands on my work for free. They'll have to pay to get to play with em toys.

If you want to get into modding in order to monetize your addons, you can forget about it, since it is against BI tools EULA....

If you want to get into modding in order to monetize your addons, you can forget about it, since it is against BI tools EULA....

Nah that wouldn't be the prime reason I'll get into it. I was only assuming if the quality of my addons were somehow superior to devs own products. But until BI wouldn't charge people for additional content. I think the rules would make sense even though they'll probably still apply even if they decide to go the other way.

Regardless of any consideration, selling anything created with the tools is against the current BI Tools EULA.

While everyone is free to do what they want, I don't quite understand the "no arma 3" stance. I mean, it's the future of the series and it respects, while expanding, it's older brothers.

As for the Steam requirement, I don't see the issue there. I mean, the Steam platform (workshop, server, etc) is perfect for Arma and you don't even have to be online for it if you don't want to. To each his own of course but among the various "DRMs" (which are often something required by the people with the funding, don't forget them), one could easily argue that Steam is among the least intrusive and it offers various community features that are great for games like ARMA. Once they fix the various memory leaks, especially when in minimized mode, it'll be quite efficient.

Internet hipsters are just silly, that's the only real reason. Mods work fine with steam, making mods works fine with steam, and playing the game works fine with Steam. Even if you lose connection, you don't lose access to the game, the DRM doesn't get in the way. Most people played ArmA 2 through steam, including myself, and had no issues. It's all a bunch of silliness because internet hippies don't like people having security on their products.

It's all a bunch of "principled" crap that unfortunately means that we lose some good members of the community. Supposedly. I'm not convinced they won't come around when we get a stable product, which is the current reasonable cause for waiting on A3 modding.

Steam is fine, and caring that much about it is sorta silly.

Edited by Max Power

the guys who don't use arma 3 probably don't come here to say something (since they don't care about arma 3)

Internet hipsters are just silly, that's the only real reason. Mods work fine with steam, making mods works fine with steam, and playing the game works fine with Steam. Even if you lose connection, you don't lose access to the game, the DRM doesn't get in the way. Most people played ArmA 2 through steam, including myself, and had no issues. It's all a bunch of silliness because internet hippies don't like people having security on their products.

It's all a bunch of "principled" crap that unfortunately means that we lose some good members of the community. Supposedly. I'm not convinced they won't come around when we get a stable product, which is the current reasonable cause for waiting on A3 modding.

Steam is fine, and caring that much about it is sorta silly. And I'm sure someone's cracked it so you could buy it through Steam, and then play without Steam by cracking it.

Who are you to judge people who spend their time and knowledge to crate content and features for free?