What is most important to you about an AC-130 mod?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What is most important to you about an AC-130 mod?

• Single Player playability
    • Multiplayer playability
    • AI usage
    • realism
    • cinematics

sorry, some personal stuff got in the way, I should have the update out this weekend. Ive also improved some other things, Im just testing them now

unfortunately the autopilot is more work than its worth. I will leave it in, but it lags to much in any game. so now youll have to communicate with your team. Ive made up for it with weapon accuracy/camera stability and some other cool features :) I really want to finish this for arma 2 so that we can get the prize and get this thing in arma 3 for everyone to enjoy!

I am turning this into a vehicle package in which I will be releasing an advanced MQ-9 and a XB-47 along side the AC130X. the entire pack will include the AC130X, MQ-9, XB47, UAV remote-viewing Backpack, AC130 Remote-view PDA, and attachable IR strobe

That will be awesome pack :) please continue. I cant wait to see final :D

Ive run into a bunch of snags and just needed a break for a bit. Im very sorry for the delay, I know how eager everyone is to see this through, and I assure you I am just a much so :)

the "advanced MQ9" is just a regular MQ9 with a more realistic loadout(s). (14 predator missiles,4 predator missiles and 2 GBUs, 14 sidewinders, 4 sidewinders 2 GBUs). and this also has the same camera stabilization system as the AC130. the predator missiles will be able to be remote guided from the UAV, using the center reticule.

both the MQ9 and the XB47 will be able to be used in conjunction with the BIS UAV module and all three craft will include the autopilot script (even if its buggy). there is also a module thats basically the autopilot script isolated that will allow you to tether any aircraft or helicopter to it, which will enable it to orbit and be used as a "kill streak" of sorts or orbiting AI CAS.

this is what I have done so far:

-all 3D models

-"Orbit" module

-Autopilot

-AC130 Beta

-MQ9 w/ working weapons but terrible flight model

Congratulation, J0nes ! Nice job here !

But I got a little issue :

1. When firing, the projectile doesn't go to the target aimed, but like if it was fired by the nose of the plane ; and I just can't move the reticle.

I think the game mechanics consider the P-FCO Seat as a classic Gunner seat, and that's why the camera is stuck in front of the plane and not on its side.

So bad that it doesn't work for me...

Edited by Metallicus

hmmm that is very strange, I havent had that happen since the first test...I take it you havent modified that the ammo to the aircraft?

hmmm that is very strange, I havent had that happen since the first test...I take it you havent modified that the ammo to the aircraft?

Nope, sir. I'm new at scripting, it would have been such a mess if I did ^^

I honestly have no idea whats causing that. hopefully when the update comes out... whenever that is, that issue will be fixed

I honestly have no idea whats causing that. hopefully when the update comes out... whenever that is, that issue will be fixed

I hope so :) I knew there would be some minor bugs, as a WIP addon. Thanksfully, I'm the only one !

I enjoy the odd bugs more than the ones that everyone seems to have, because although the more a bug is mentioned, the higher up my list the bug goes for fixing, the weird ones are the ones that make me dive deeper into the addon to see what is messing it up, so thanks for the feedback!

I enjoy the odd bugs more than the ones that everyone seems to have, because although the more a bug is mentioned, the higher up my list the bug goes for fixing, the weird ones are the ones that make me dive deeper into the addon to see what is messing it up, so thanks for the feedback!

You're welcome ;) proud to help you by giving you feedback and weird bugs !

for everyones benefit I would like to make something known. I have done something incredibly stupid. for my KSG12 shotgun mod for A3, I have copied the model and textures from COD MW3 and therefore infringed on copyright. Im not sure for how long, but Im looking at a suspension (hopefully not permanent) and therefore will not be able to post for some time. I want to say two things:

1. I would like to say sorry to the community for taking the easy way out

2. because of this setback, I will be pushing this project way ahead of schedule and will release private copies to my clan and invasionZ for testing, so that the day my suspension is over (again assuming its not permanent) I will have the full version ready to release to the public in its final A2:OA and A3 form.

I would like to apologize again for this mistake and I hope you all will continue to find and report bugs in this thread during my absence.

If I understand right I should be able to access my PM so feel free to contact me there as well as through my e-mail which can be found in my profile page.

looking forward to getting my head back in the game.

{DMM}Jones

Edited by Maio
MOD edit: Avoid writing your e-mail adress in posts or those nasty bots could snatch it up.

Metallicus. What other mods are you using? Try use only that mod and update your game with newest patch. Maybe this could be a problem.

for everyones benefit I would like to make something known. I have done something incredibly stupid. for my KSG12 shotgun mod for A3, I have copied the model and textures from COD MW3 and therefore infringed on copyright. Im not sure for how long, but Im looking at a suspension (hopefully not permanent) and therefore will not be able to post for some time. I want to say two things:

1. I would like to say sorry to the community for taking the easy way out

2. because of this setback, I will be pushing this project way ahead of schedule and will release private copies to my clan and invasionZ for testing, so that the day my suspension is over (again assuming its not permanent) I will have the full version ready to release to the public in its final A2:OA and A3 form.

I would like to apologize again for this mistake and I hope you all will continue to find and report bugs in this thread during my absence.

If I understand right I should be able to access my PM so feel free to contact me there as well as through my e-mail which can be found in my profile page.

looking forward to getting my head back in the game.

{DMM}Jones

Ingratiating yourself with any community the easy way, won’t work. Everyone is taken on face value, whether or not you’re a mod/addon maker or just a player, certainly to me everyone is the same, just as important to the game itself. I hope your suspension is not permanent, we all make mistakes, however it’s a very strict policy they seem to run and for the right reasons, I suspect..

Metallicus. What other mods are you using? Try use only that mod and update your game with newest patch. Maybe this could be a problem.

Thanks for helping me, but I corrected that :D I re-installed the mod in My Documents/ARMA2 directory, and re-installed CBA and ACE with Play With 6 ; and now, everything works !

Im back and ready for action! now.... I have a question.... should I leave the project where it stands for OA and focus on getting it working in A3 then come back and make it work for ArmA, ArmA II, and ArmA II: OA

OR

finish the project for ArmA II:OA and then focus on getting it working in Arma III?

I already know what my vote is... because theres so many new fun commands in Arma III that will make this thing even better, but since this is a mod for the community, i thought Id ask it.

J0nes, just do what you want. This is your Mod!

If you say, you want to make it for ArmA 3, then just do it.

You will be much more motivated, then just force yourself to finish it for ArmA 2, just 'cause we want to.

I really like your Mod, and i personally think that one should finish what he began. BUT like i said, its your Mod, and your decision. ^^

Although an ArmA 3 version would be awesome too. So it doesn't matter ;)

Hello I was just wondering if anyone could give me the class name for this because I am trying to add it to my edited CTI gamemode but I don't know the exact class name for it.

classnames for the current version are as follows:

vehicles:

ac_130X_desert

weapons:

AMC105

AMC40

AMC25

AMC25_1

magazines:

50Rnd_105HE

45Rnd_105SABOT

5Rnd_105WP