What is most important to you about an AC-130 mod?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What is most important to you about an AC-130 mod?

• Single Player playability
    • Multiplayer playability
    • AI usage
    • realism
    • cinematics

If anyone is interested in testing ANOTHER ac130 mod, this is the 80% complete version that ive released to my clan for testing. updates will be coming about every week, or when people find enough errors to make an update make sense. Thanks for your support! link is here

@J0nes - pictures aren't accessibly on that link. :(

forgot you have to sign in to the forums :P ill post them here!, but check the last post, theres a download link for the mod!

post-814-0-20541100-1367107622_thumb.png

post-814-0-72590300-1367107629_thumb.png

first untextured views

post-814-0-36971600-1367367650_thumb.png

first texture tests

post-814-0-50995900-1367588645_thumb.jpg

first ingame tests!

post-814-0-51292300-1368059107_thumb.jpgpost-814-0-14576100-1368059109_thumb.jpgpost-814-0-78582300-1368059110_thumb.jpgpost-814-0-65288000-1368059111_thumb.jpgpost-814-0-19679400-1368059112_thumb.jpgpost-814-0-15957400-1368059113_thumb.jpgpost-814-0-12372600-1368059110_thumb.jpg

new digital desert camo skins

---------- Post added at 00:31 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

click below for the ALPHA version of the AC-130X (FOR ARMA II: OA): link here

OPERATON MANUAL:

P-FCO = primary fire control officer (main gunner, 105mm,40mm,25mm)

S-FCO = secondary fire control officer (secondary gunner, 25mm)

autopilot = -must be 200m above terrain level to start

- 1000m orbit height/1000m orbit radius

-open your map and single click over the center of your target area

-the plane will wait until it is aligned properly with the destination zone and then will level out and move

goals for alpha testing:

-single player mechanics

-core flight mechanics

-core scripting mechanics

to-do list:

-textures

-full WP smoke effects (burning flesh, screaming, etc.)

-streamline autopilot scripting (chugs a little in heavy-script missions)

-gun calibration

-camera stability

-cabin warning sounds

-ambient gunner chatter sounds

-make "eject" turn off autopilot

-change gunner optics with weapon

if you found a bug:

please post in the following format or your post will be ignored!!!

1. issue

2. another issue

3. another issue

comments

CREDITS AND THANKS:

CRASHNZ: c130H base p3d model (thanks for kickstarting the entire project!)

c130H base config file

c130H base textures/materials

LordJarhead: 25mm sound

c130 aircraft sounds

bullet effect sounds

LurchiDerLurch: AC130 Autopilot script

gunners optics

gunners monitor

editor icon

105mm sound

40mm sound

{DMM}Crossfire: creation of {DMM} clan

{DMM}: testing and moral support

{DMM}MADWEED: Textures

RavenDK: Config help

AC130 config reference script

Randy: Config help

AC130 config reference script

Gnat: Config help

(this is not an official BIS addon, use at your own risk)

(all contents within this addon have been used with the expressed written permission

of their original creators/owners. If you feel your work has been stollen,

please contact me @ Jones.sidewalk@gmail.com)

Hey J0nes. I really love this Plane - for many reasons it's much better than any other AC 130 i know.

a) The Autopilot for perfect Circling around an objective works amazingly smooth and enables the use of this airplane even as SP player, while for other mods you need either extra scripts, or go MP.

b) Unlike LDL's AC130, this doesn't require Modules or massive scripting, it's an actual plane which is present in the game with vanilla Turrets, not any AI-Controlled plattform with attach-to'ed camera pods.

c) The P-FCO and S-FCO are really cool ideas, instead of the usual Pilot/25mm/40m/105mm seats, i like the "precision" 25mm for the Secondary, while the primary is more focused on heavy fire, his Minigun isn't as accurate as the secondary (may be due to the crosshair)

d) Changeable Ammo! Yay! APi and HE for the 25mm, Smoke, HE and i think AP for the 40mm, WP, SABOT and HE for the 105mm - this plane carries anything!

e) The flight model is really well made, it feels 100% like you are flying one big fucker of an airplane, and yet it's still manouverable quite smoothly.

I would say, drop a nice Camo on it (The desert camo looks kind of nice, the current yellow/green one in the beta is just too bright, but i'm not going to complain or anything, i know beta means beta.)

Keep up this awesome work, it is already the Best AC130 i ever saw for Arma (And i know about 4 others) and it will sure keep on claiming this throne, once it's released fully!

not going to start another pole for this HOWEVER:

I noticed a lot of you have checked "realism" as a top priority in an AC130 mod so Im gonna drop some realism on you.

a C-130H (skeleton of the AC130) carries 60,000 lbs (27215.542 kg) of fuel. 1 gallon of Jet A fuel (close enough to turboprop fuel) weighs about 6.8 lbs (453.6 g) per gallon. So that means the C130H carries 8823.53 gallons (33400.7 l) of fuel.

now... that being said. ArmA measures fuel capacity in Liters, and the BIS C130J carries 3000 L of fuel for reference.

Should I have the AC-130X carry 33401 L of fuel, or the same as the C130J?

now... that being said. ArmA measures fuel capacity in Liters, and the BIS C130J carries 3000 L of fuel for reference.

Should I have the AC-130X carry 33401 L of fuel, or the same as the C130J?

How would said factors influence the gameplay/playability? Does it have any influx on the Flight Model due to weight, or is it only the endurance? If so, i'd go for the real variant, so she can stay airborne much longer.

I could probably write a script similar to the R3F scripts that includes weapon weight for the fuel and ammo, but the scripting would be so extensive in the way it would influence speed,fuel consumption, handling that it might suffer in heavily scripted missions.

So for arguments sake, yes, it would only effect the endurance :)

I didnt know if people were going to use the gunship more as a death machine where it will burn all its ammo before it uses half a tank of gas, or more of a UAV and called upon for CAS when needed and would therefore need to be airborne longer.

Cool one. UAV is also important for this air battleship and of course not for maps under 20km² ;)

Multiplayer and player controlled would be awesome.

Edited by Numrollen

I need some help, can anyone post some samples of good particle effects, Ive check the wiki and forums, but theyre all outdated or not what Im looking for. I need three muzzle smoke plumes. or is it possible (via script, not cfg editing) to call premade effects such as "BIS_heavy_caliber"?

I'm trying right now and I have not encountered any problems this mod is fantastic not have anything to say compared to other AC-130 mod this is the best mod you could have a black skin and USAF :D

Just gave this puppy a try and it is awsome! Looks like it is H or E varient. It works well while playing single player and Im guessing just as well in MP although havent tried myself. Wondering if there will be different textures?

yep! there will be different textures, digital desert camo (see page 1), snow camo, navy, woodland, spooky (dark grey or black), and ill include the wire frames so that you guys can make your own textures for it!

Do you have good sounds too?

If not, you can ask LordJarhead (maker of JSRS), he offers help to ppl who needs some sounds :D ;)

actually, the only sounds Im NOT using from LordJarhead, are the 40mm and 105mm cannon sounds! he was very helpful when I asked :)

works very good. :) only thing im running into is that the autopilot works quite laggy. and I think that the plane just has to fly directly to the new destination when on autopilot, not wait till it's alligned while still flying on it's current target area.

update coming out today!!

some of the fixes are:

removed some unnecessary autopilot scripts (still lags, but ill keep working on it)

reticule now changes with the weapon selected

white phosphorus rounds now kill (50m kill radius, only safe in tracked vehicles, thanks to Big Dawg KS for the script!)

camo updated

prop blurs more visible

added contrails

autopilot now adjustable!

-left arrow: radius -25

-right arrow: radius +25

-up arrow: height +50

-down arrow: height -50

added help screen when autopilot active

added cabin/gunner sounds

gunner cams now have all 6 FLIR view modes (white hot, black hot, red hot, orange hot, brown hot, magenta hot, baby blue hot, yellow hot, etc)

tire squeal on touchdown

issues:

some texture errors (if anyone knows why, please let me know :))

autopilot still lags, but my excuse until its fixed will be "im forcing you to play as a team"

WP rounds can lag autopilot to point of crashing game if more than one are fired at once

to do:

continue working on AP script

gear raise/lower sounds

flaps raise/lower sounds

WP explosion effects

add battlefield uplink (youll see ;))

add IR strobe

fix textures

more camos

start MP testing!!

VERSION 1.1 IS OUT!!!

post-814-0-02095800-1368318734_thumb.jpg

new download link

one more person added to the Credits and thanks list: Big Dawg KS, for WP damage script

changelog:

-continued smoothing autopilot

-AP sounds

-ambient gunner chatter

-tire squeal on touchdown

-made prop blur more visable

-autopilot adjustable (see new operators manual below)

-WP effects (50m Kill radius, only safe in tracked vehicles)

-fixed various textures

-fixed muzzle for S-FCO (was on opposite side of the plane)

-reticules now change with the selected weapon

-contrails

-eject now turns off autopilot

- guns calibrated to 375 kph in rotation

-added all 6 FLIR modes

-AP starting radius changed to 700

-AP now starts at current aircraft height above sea level (wont try to noseplant on high maps like CLAfghan)

issues:

-AP still lags (work as a team damnit! XD)

-some texture loading problems on occasions

-WP rounds may lag the autopilot so badly the game crashes, dont fire more than one at once

-no wreck model yet

-ambient gunner sounds only work if a player is in the P-FCOs seat

-reticule stays on players screen when the go to map

to do:

-fix issues above

-add other camos

-add mechanical sounds (gear, flaps, etc.)

-multiplayer testing!

-AI testing!

updated operators manual:

left arrow = decrease radius by 25m (500m min.)

right arrow = increase radius by 25m (5000m max.)

up arrow = increase height by 50

down arrow = decrease height by 50

adjust ambient gunner chatter in RADIO volume settings, not sound volume.

Would increasing the speed at which the auto pilot flies help with the smoothness of the flight and thus the gun cam???

well the speed shown is just what the simulation thinks the plane "should" be doing (thats why it can ready -50 and still be moving forward) but Ill have to look at the speed script itself, I think I may just need to add more sleep cycles or set definite bank angles instead of running them through scripts to find them

---------- Post added at 04:25 ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 ----------

ARRRRGGHHH,

I messed up,

autopilot wouldnt turn off unless you ejected,

patched here!

NEW DOWNLOAD LINK