Sign in to follow this  
zachgibson22

Anyone have any good weapon textures?

I can't fine any textures that look decent on my guns, could be the lack of specularity. They just seema b it bland and I can't find or make anything that i like.

Anyone using any good free stock ones?

i'm sorry, but why don't you make your own? everyone is using references images for parts of the textures, but in most cases, especially for guns, they are painted black, and all you need is a bit of scratches and the likes.

Do i miss your question?

Hi zachgibson,

Guess you unwrap your Model on the Textur and overwork it later? I Know it´s a fast way, but like you said it´s hard to find References which look similar on all sides. The Top-Side is mostly impossible this way and one side don´t really look like the other. Best Pictures are from firearms exhibitions in the US.

I´m with PuFu. May be a bit more work, but it´s woth. Specularity and Scratches don´t look real at the CO_Textur, so a good RVMAT is the key.

Yeah thanks guys, actually I found a video of someone texturing and it have me some real good ideas and insight.

Also do you guys have any good tuts on how exactly the rvmats are made? Or are the just the simple "black and white" maps?