Sign in to follow this  
bad benson

Enhanced movement and more

you are aware that this is a game, yea? respawn? save game? unrealistic body damage? unrealistic fuel consumption? do any of these ring a bell? there was an interesting thread about something called simulation fever. this is exactly it. saying that making a hunger system makes no sense because you would need to accelerate the speed of getting hungry is beyond silly. you can simulate something without recreating every single aspect of it. if you want to simulate the reaction to the consequences of hunger you can do so without realistic timing. simple as that.

anyways. you gotta loosen up buddy. go play some other games. broaden your horizon. seems like you have pretty tight restrictions in your head. emphasis IN YOUR HEAD. not trying to offend you but i just feel that with an attitude like that you can defraud yourself of a lot of fun and intersting gameplay.

This. +1 internets for you Benson

In truth, I am hoping to have climbing/vaulting improved in following iterations of vanilla game and thats why i am paying attention to this. We have some data already mocaped (for both climbing things and even 2 meter walls), it all waits for processing. Catch me on skype if you need details on new stuff.

As for healing... i admit, its a bug pending for a fix.

Hey Smookie,

how about the awesome nice blindfire animations you had in your smk Addon? Could something like this also make it into vanilla?

Its missing a lot, nearly as much as the missing weapon rest feature :pet5:

you are aware that this is a game, yea? respawn? save game? unrealistic body damage? unrealistic fuel consumption? do any of these ring a bell? there was an interesting thread about something called simulation fever. this is exactly it. saying that making a hunger system makes no sense because you would need to accelerate the speed of getting hungry is beyond silly. you can simulate something without recreating every single aspect of it. if you want to simulate the reaction to the consequences of hunger you can do so without realistic timing. simple as that.

anyways. you gotta loosen up buddy. go play some other games. broaden your horizon. seems like you have pretty tight restrictions in your head. emphasis IN YOUR HEAD. not trying to offend you but i just feel that with an attitude like that you can defraud yourself of a lot of fun and intersting gameplay.

What's with the attitude? I was asking an honest question about why anyone would bother simulating eating and drinking.

Whatever, I suppose I'm too aware that Arma's a game.

...why anyone would bother simulating eating and drinking ... Arma's a game.

Do you honestly not understand why some people would like to add new gameplay elements? Or why they already have (see Wasteland, DayZ, et al)?

Why? Who in their right mind actually plays this game (or any game, or just sit by the computer) nonstop for at least 8 hours?

It's normal to play for several hours in a mission. And you need to drink during these several hours of high intensity stuff ;)

Do you honestly not understand why some people would like to add new gameplay elements? Or why they already have (see Wasteland, DayZ, et al)?

That certain element, no, hence me asking, the result of which was that someone else jumped in and wrote a quite rude response, thinking that including "not trying to offend" would wipe it clean of the offensive parts, which were the main part of the post.

what attitude? what offensive part? please quote so i understand where those feelings come from. you are kind of sensitive aren't you? sorry but your point of view is ridiculous. you are basically saying that a part of what made dayZ, a highly successful gameplay concept, succeed makes no sense. i can understand if you don't share other people's preferences or definitions of "fun" or "interesting gameplay" but that's not a reason to say that their point of view makes no sense. because it's simply not true. how about some tolerance and less attitude on your side? just a suggestion. sorry if you are offended by the truth but there was certainly no intention to offend you and i'm sure if you take an honest look back you'll see that.

and also. let's stop with the off topic. thx

Edited by Bad Benson

this topic is win win. Great work by bad Benson, and very awesome allusion to future goodness by smookie. Give arma a step up in its already next level mobility.

Personally I think the Idea of a re-hydration system is an excellent Idea as is the rest of this mod. The average person probably "could" do without drink for 8 hrs etc. But most soldiers are not average people and thrown into environments of ridiculous temperatures carrying 50 -90lbs or more of gear, for large periods of time. Ask anyone who fought in the Gulf/Afghan how much they drank voluntarily :p

So am I reading this correctly jumping/vaulting/climbing may appear in Arma3 via BI?

@Bad Benson

This is another amazing modification....man i wish i had an ounce of talent some of the modders on here have...keep it up...looking forward to this!!

this topic is win win. Great work by bad Benson, and very awesome allusion to future goodness by smookie. Give arma a step up in its already next level mobility.

i hope BI realize that they would have to make much more detailed roadway lods for that. my mod already shows how much these lack. it makes sense since the core game has no such climbing but since the emphasis is on sandbox and platform, it would've been nice to have everything walkable. it's so annoying to get stuck in the falling anim on objects.

the climbing thing reminds me on the BF2-Speciaforces addon. Long time ago the battlefield series were nice to play.....but hey, bf5 is announced with possibly recycled features :p

edit: benson, i need ya stuff to play...time for an early alpha :)

Why? Who in their right mind actually plays this game (or any game, or just sit by the computer) nonstop for at least 8 hours?

dude you are offending us :)

dude you are offending us :)

lol exactly. how does he think mods are born. or full games for that matter. lots of hours staring into the monitor. pretty sad but true ;)

edit: benson, i need ya stuff to play...time for an early alpha

people say early alpha because they can't wait and then they cry if it doesn't work :P

believe me. i would've gotten this off my chest a long time ago if it was actually ready.

smookie was so kind to inform me about some slight but quite impactful changes in the animation area in arma. this basically means, for anyone interested in the technical side, that for most anims i can now use playmove instead of switchmove. the result is a smooth transition including the camera bone which should eliminate most camera twitches.

i say most because due to my system having to be height adaptive there will be still a certain kind of camera movement when performing the climbs (gotta do that violent setpos to make it happen) but it will be more pleasant to the eyes now. and stuff like jump, step on etc will be buttery smooth now when it comes to transitions.

this is only possible due to BI allowing transitions before the anim that comes first is 100% done. it results in playmove (aka smooth) being much more responsive. at least that's how i understood and experienced it.

in short: getting closer to a fully playable state.

lol exactly. how does he think mods are born. or full games for that matter. lots of hours staring into the monitor. pretty sad but true ;)

people say early alpha because they can't wait and then they cry if it doesn't work :P

believe me. i would've gotten this off my chest a long time ago if it was actually ready.

smookie was so kind to inform me about some slight but quite impactful changes in the animation area in arma. this basically means, for anyone interested in the technical side, that for most anims i can now use playmove instead of switchmove. the result is a smooth transition including the camera bone which should eliminate most camera twitches.

i say most because due to my system having to be height adaptive there will be still a certain kind of camera movement when performing the climbs (gotta do that violent setpos to make it happen) but it will be more pleasant to the eyes now. and stuff like jump, step on etc will be buttery smooth now when it comes to transitions.

this is only possible due to BI allowing transitions before the anim that comes first is 100% done. it results in playmove (aka smooth) being much more responsive. at least that's how i understood and experienced it.

in short: getting closer to a fully playable state.

Borat_Great_Success.jpg

This is one of my top three "must have" addons! Any thought to adding a fence cutting (and/or climbing) to it?

wow wow wow wow!!! never noticed this till now well done buddy keep it up.

question... AI wont be able to use any of this climbing will they? i can have a good guess and say no

i can have a good guess and say no

correct answer. AI avoid collision with objects by default for obvious reasons. no need to even try.

Whenever this is released, please make the different parts seperate; I'm really interested in the parkour abilities, but I'm not interested in the melee, eating-drinking, reverb, etc; I have other mods for that I don't want to conflict.

Whenever this is released, please make the different parts seperate; I'm really interested in the parkour abilities, but I'm not interested in the melee, eating-drinking, reverb, etc; I have other mods for that I don't want to conflict.

Couldn't that be solved with just a userconfig enabling whatever animations you want?

And holy smokes is this a great looking mod. This looks like a lot of cool stuff that the game is missing.

this is not not a real mod per say. more a collection of modular features.

So that'd make a userconfig for disabling whatever features you wanted a possibility. Something like TMR does that.

amazing. Can't wait to try this out. Keep it up!