Sign in to follow this  
samatra

[MP/Team] Sa-Matra's Wasteland

Altis wasteland is epic, but why is there no smooth day/night cycle? It's in the vannila A3, so why isn't it here?

Hi,

I'v been trying to join games in your servers. I always get kick right away.. now it really bugs me because all the sa-matra servers are very popular and i'd love to play on it : your lobbys are always max out... I wanna be apart of it please help figure out why I cant join you !

Hi, i unintentionally killed a teammate after i missclicked join oppfor instead of independent. Not my fault, i thought i was independent spawned in limari bay and randomly found a titan compact. I zoomed in and as i zoomed a player ran infront of my sight, after that scared me i blow him up. Then it came "teamkilling is not allowed" something, but before i got to read it done i was kicked from the server. Then i tried to join just to excplain what happened, but got kicked instantly again and then i was banned from ALL wasteland by sa-matra servers. Please unnbann me, i am sorry for what i did and i can assure you that it was 100% unintentionally. I really want to play on sa-matra servers again they are the best! In game name is Nikander, teamkilling will not happen again, i only play independent.

Edited by nikandernn

Hello Sa-Matra. I like your version of wasteland, I know there are other versions out there but them have no fun at all.

I would like to propose a small change in the gameplay for the mission, So i suppose that you have noticed the most of the players prefer to play as independent, because of the lack of teamplay and those stupid teamkills and ppl stealing teammates gear.

So to make the teamplay easier in Opfor and Bluefor teams, i would like to just give the factions a base at start, and only let them to respawn in the base, so that way "noob" players can easily notice how they should cooperate while they are in a faction.

Hi Sa-Matra love your work and me and my squad use A3 only for your wasteland servers

I just played the campaign and noticed a lot of clutter, water, blood, etc.

that could be used instead of those big bron bags, just saying :)

Hey Sa-Matra could you implement some sort of teamkilling-proof mech? Say if a guy took the stuff you just bought you should have the right to kill him without punishment, or someone shot you for no reason you should also be able to retaliate. Last game got a guy teamkilled me when I just respawned, so I killed him after that. Than he just kept harassing me, shooting but not killing me so that he can provoke me, but I continue to ignore him. However he later ran into my vehicle from the front even if I was reversing, and that resulted in me being kicked to Indi, its totally not fair.

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

Also recently its getting a little too hardcored, mostly you can only find sub-machine gun from vehicles. Could you replace them with at least 5.56 rifles? Thx!

Our community has been playing the latest version of wasteland on US #1 and US #3. We have seen a number of things which are eating into the games fun, performance and playablity.

1. In game stutter. Charactures while walking and driving seem to speed up slow down, speed up slow down about every 3-4 seconds. Monitoring FPS it does not seem to be fps drop. Its highly annoying and makes the game play clunky. I thought perhaps it was just my system but I polled all our players and others that were in game and a vast number of them reported having the same issues.

2. Glitching gear, cars, structures and AI. At times objects will just plain vanish. Cars will be misplaced and shift positions as you grow close to them.

3. Servers begin to suffer lag and desync as they are run longer without restarts. AI starts to glitch. I knwo they are on 12 hour restarts but late in that cycle the game is almost unplayable. It become almost impossible to accurately shoot at another player or the AI. Cars jump positions and cause crashes long after you have passed them. Major events like explosions and wrecks happen on a delay and bog down the overall game play.

4. Hatchbacks that spawn in sand (in the south) are unusable. They can not move or be driven. It might be best to take them out until that glitch is fixed by BI.

All in all the whole mission seems to be suffering from too much overhead and I'm sure its not being helped by the issues still seen in the base game. I hope you can bring back the smoother game play we saw in earlier versions. Sometimes less is more and I'd gladly trade more consistent game play for less bells and whistles.

Thanks for all your work. Those of us that play do appreciate it.

Tried playing on US 1 and US 3 ..both are lagging really bad. Server uptimes are 7 hours. Lots of speed up / slow down. Feels like FPS lag but its not.

Also noted some of the geocaches are in bad spots where you will glitch on the rocks and get stuck. You would think they would have fixed that issue by now.

Like someone tell me how I remove restriction for weapons?

We are using some Modifikations. Normaly VAS will show all weapons.

I've been looking for it... but I seem to be blind. :D

Have a question regarding capture ammo trucks...

is it possible to refill a vehicle gun from a capture ammo truck or does it have to be a vehicle ammo box from player inventory?

spent a good 10 mins today mouse wheeling and player menuing with a strider gmg and a hemtt ammo truck but no joy

Have a question regarding capture ammo trucks...

is it possible to refill a vehicle gun from a capture ammo truck or does it have to be a vehicle ammo box from player inventory?

spent a good 10 mins today mouse wheeling and player menuing with a strider gmg and a hemtt ammo truck but no joy

To re-arm an armed vehicle (boat, helo) you have to sit as driver, and then as gunner of this vehicle. Then you can re-arm with the help of ammo truck or vehicle ammo. The vehicle must also be empty of other players.

If it is ammo truck - sit in the vehicle and mouse-wheel the option "Re-Arm from....".

If it is vehicle ammo - stand near the vehicle and choose option from the player menu (like drinking or eating).

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

1. In game stutter. Charactures while walking and driving seem to speed up slow down, speed up slow down about every 3-4 seconds. Monitoring FPS it does not seem to be fps drop. Its highly annoying and makes the game play clunky. I thought perhaps it was just my system but I polled all our players and others that were in game and a vast number of them reported having the same issues.

AFAIK the micro-stuttering issue was BattleEye-related and has been fixed by Sa-Matra in late December. At least, on Arma3 RU servers.

Edited by Ramblasos

Hey Sa-Matra, thx for the continuous updates! While I do appreciate the new Vehicle Salvage feature that helps me to get funded, recently there is an increasing trend in people blowing up all the vehicles in the town leaving other people no vehicle to use. Hell last time I was fully geared up trying to but some stuff from gun store, than a scumbag called Warlock insisted on blowing up all the vehicles right next to the gun stores as if he own the gun store, killing me in the process. A simple way to achieve the same effect would be to replace all the sub-machine guns with rifles and anything else that is better, saving money while helping players to get funds quicker. Also I just dont see the point that sometimes gun store sell crappy stuff like SMG or mag carrier with no armor value, not like anyone would bother to buy it though.

Anyway, pls keep up the good work!

Damn it. I want this version on our server - still no response from them.

There have been some problems in the game recently that really undermines the gameplay balance.

(1)Independent is too OP now. The ratio of the factions used to be like 15:15:30, which is quite acceptable. But now its normally 10:10:40. Many would argue: Indi kills each other, thus making themselves less effective as a team. This statement used to be true that when Wasteland first came out, people who dont appreciate teamwork goes to Indi. But now after dealing with all the teamkilling/stealing shit most Indi players are from Blufor/Opfor and they play with their friends as a group and work really closely. On the other side, people who wants to be a lone wolf but doesnt want to deal with teamkilling and only want a certain degree of corporation would stay in Blufor/Opfor, so Blufor/Opfor really cant gain control of the map at all, they cant even hold a gun store long enough most of the time. It would be better to make it only Blufor VS Indi

(2)Some missions are too riskless yet awarding. Supply crate only spawns in certain locations, so often they are people camping those spots and the moment it spawns, it is collected leaving others no time to even figure out where the event happened. Heli/APC missions are too simple, one poorly equipped person can easily kill the few AIs and then start murdering everybody on the map. Pls increase the AIs guarding them, say at least 12 well-equipped AIs, and the vehicle must be located in an exposed position so that whoever making the repairing/refilling can be shot from a long distance.

v12 update is out:

[NEW] Sales in gun store

[NEW] Anti global VON script from King of the Hill

[NEW] Fatigue bar from King of the Hill

[NEW] Gun store now sells contents of all backpacks, not just first one

[NEW] Gun store now sells all attachments and loaded magazines off weapons inside vehicles or loot piles along with the weapon

[NEW] Gun store now supports buying and selling of facewear

[NEW] Gun store now sells all new ArmA 3 content

[FIX] Name no longer shows up during revive with stream safe option turned on

[FIX] Geo cache mission no longer ends right away

[FIX] AI no longer should spawn naked

[FIX] Underwater wreck mission no longer ends right away

Excellent Updates, Samatra I noticed one of the official servers on the front page is running Dayz, you might want to change that buddy, so if there is a free slot I'll take it! Uk server at ASE :bounce3: :yay:

Since V12 i cant move objectives like walls and other stuff, dont have any options on mouse wheel and my friend too.

I couldn't help myself and began playing Arma 3/Wasteland recently.

It was a very nice experience however I have noticed some issue and I don't know what to think of it.

Q1: Sometimes/often, the engine sound of a truck linger on forever as a sound in the background, and the sound/noise never disappear (except once, don't know what happened). Pressing F1 to dampen game sounds to try remove this annoying sound help, but this is not an ideal solution. Is this sound issue common, and is this perhaps some known Arma 3 bug? (I searched for such a bug report but couldnt' find any, feel free to link it if you know of it)

Q2: Picking up an FN FAL rifle apparently cause the inventory to bug out, every time to my knowledge. I think I read that this might be a known issue with inventory in Arma 3. How about removing the FN-FAL rifles from Wasteland? Is there perhaps a trick to not experience the bug where magazines and other stuff disappear when moved into character inventory?

I couldn't help myself and began playing Arma 3/Wasteland recently.

It was a very nice experience however I have noticed some issue and I don't know what to think of it.

Q1: Sometimes/often, the engine sound of a truck linger on forever as a sound in the background, and the sound/noise never disappear (except once, don't know what happened). Pressing F1 to dampen game sounds to try remove this annoying sound help, but this is not an ideal solution. Is this sound issue common, and is this perhaps some known Arma 3 bug? (I searched for such a bug report but couldnt' find any, feel free to link it if you know of it)

Q2: Picking up an FN FAL rifle apparently cause the inventory to bug out, every time to my knowledge. I think I read that this might be a known issue with inventory in Arma 3. How about removing the FN-FAL rifles from Wasteland? Is there perhaps a trick to not experience the bug where magazines and other stuff disappear when moved into character inventory?

Ah treehugger, we've just started playing against recently. chernarus, uk6/ 10. Seen you there. The above are very annoying indeed. relogging is the only solution top fixing these at the moment.

:edit: since this thread died last year, there must be a newer one somewhere??

:edit: since this thread died last year, there must be a newer one somewhere??

I searched the first 10 pages or so under user missions, but didn't see any thread. :(

I have to say Wasteland on Chernarus map might be the most fun games of all time imo. Who can not love Chernarus and the intense action? :)

* I'll go try https://forums.arma.su/forum/

Edited by Treehugger