Sign in to follow this  
samatra

[MP/Team] Sa-Matra's Wasteland

Taught me something in that post, Seems that we all download the server mission, Seems that he can't keep them secret now, Hehe. Anyway im happy that you gave me that info.

Well in a way, Having more servers is what they want, And its not like everyone can host it, Only a dedicated few.

Because if you look at my specs.

- Your nickname = Azula

- Your community\squad you are in = None.

- What servers you host already = Tons of source servers, 3 arma 1, 2 arma 2's, And 1 arma 3, And then around 5 different battlefield mod servers.

- How many Wasteland servers you plan to host = 1

- Your server hardware and geo location = I7 second gen sandy bridge, GTX 520, 14 gb's of ram, Asus motherboard, And then a 50/50 mb connection.

- Preferably way to contact you through skype = AuraLoveless

And then watch as he denies it because hes not accepting servers now.

Hi there,

You were rejected for a few reasons, the first being that your "server" looks more like your desktop than a server. Whilst 50mbit up/down, is suffice, if true.

Secondly if what you say is true, looking at the above. "3 arma 1, 2 arma 2's, And 1 arma 3, And then around 5 different battlefield mod servers." Your machine is already over-provisioned... considering AFAIK i7s only go up to 6 cores 12 threads and that's on the extreme edition.

Again... looks like you just host it on your local machine when you want to play rather than leaving it up 24/7.

Sorry for any upset caused however we need to maintain a certain degree of up-time and performance, i7s in servers are notoriously bad.

To those whom complain over any bans, if you are banned it will remove you from the server and display a message "You are banned" nothing else. This will also occur on all servers not just one or two.

When and if you appeal be sure to provide your in-game name and PID.

Thanks.

Edited by Inch

Ahhh wastelanders happily steal someone elses work against their wishes. in his own thread...

Edited by Masharra

I've installed this mission by joining one of the servers and moving the file from: C:\Users\[myusername]\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache\Wasteland_by_Sa-Matra.Stratis.pbo to my server mission files. I've unpacked the file by using a PBO unpacker to customize it for my necessities (I left it unpacked into its folder, and apparently it's working fine). I wanted to know if this is ok, or if there's a public repository to download the mission from. Thank you.

How did you get this to work properly, when I start the server using the PBO file I get this error:

Warning Message: Script server\s_init.sqf not found

Ahhh wastelanders happily steal someone elses work against their wishes. in his own thread...

How do you steal something that isn't even charged a price to obtain? I understand where they are coming from, the want certain requirements for servers that are part of their community but why not distribute at least an older version of the mission file so people can mess around with the files and host their servers not part of the community. This is a game and is about having fun and by restricting this mission they are taking away from the potential fun and its not like they are monetizing this mission so if someone steals some code what is there any tangible loss other than respect and frustration?

I would like to get a hold of this mission so I could remove the IND faction and make it just RED vs BLUE at around 20 vs 20 or so. It would really change the whole dynamic. Conversely, I would like to see an edited version where it is only independent factions and IND cannot spawn on each other unless they are in a group.

Edited by thad0ctor

I think that it shouldn't be publicized, since I wouldn't like to see 10 different versions out there - quality control. If I see Sa-Matra's wasteland, I know what to expect. Furthermore, take a look at http://wasteland.arma.su/ -you might find your answer there.

I'd suggest going to 404 or whoever else has their own wasteland and try to get their version and play with it. I've seen one with income-generating zones - obviously someone got a version that he changed, so I suppose it's not impossible to obtain.

Regarding your IND spawning mechanic, it's already that way.

How did you get this to work properly, when I start the server using the PBO file I get this error:

Warning Message: Script server\s_init.sqf not found

How do you steal something that isn't even charged a price to obtain? I understand where they are coming from, the want certain requirements for servers that are part of their community but why not distribute at least an older version of the mission file so people can mess around with the files and host their servers not part of the community. This is a game and is about having fun and by restricting this mission they are taking away from the potential fun and its not like they are monetizing this mission so if someone steals some code what is there any tangible loss other than respect and frustration?

How you ask? I dont know. Im not the one trying to edit his work with no permission. That being said I am unaware if he has licensed his work. How does one steal? according to Sa-Matra ask 404

Then 404games instead of making their own Wasteland they copy-pasted my entire mission without permission but since my server-side wasn't available they took it from Marker. Not only did they take all the features that I made without asking, they also didn't give me any credit what so ever and even more they refuse to credit me as author, coming up with stupid excuses that look like "we changed text and therefore its not your feature anymore" or quote to my request to credit me as author:

My code: http://pastie.org/5466129 Their code: http://pastie.org/5466131 Changing variable name from publicVar_teamkillersList to pvar_teamKillList makes it a complete rewrite according to 404games. List of their bullshit excuses\lies can be continued. Not only they stole my code and try to pass it as theirs, they also distributed it to everyone, claiming themselves as only developers after Tonic.

So to the conclusion of what current Wasteland is and who made it:

TAW_Tonic - original idea and mission

Sa-Matra - expanded Tonic's mission with big array of features

Marker - more improvements to Tonic's mission

The shame list consists of thieving 404games who completely don't respect other people's work and time spent on development and testing.

Why am I writing all this? I never really looked for recognition or something, the only thing I truly care about is making a great enjoyable mission which I did for past 4 months, I just wrote code and enjoyed playing it on our servers. The reason of my concern is that my code is being taken and perfidiously presented as their own. Thank you.

So thus it wont work until you get Sa-Matra's serverside init or take the one from Marker.

Hi all,

I have emailed my details through and never heard anything back, I host a 40 slot GoT wasteland server via Vilayer hosting. However it's not getting a massive amount of traffic at the moment unlike the Sa-Mantra servers. Is there a reason why I didn't receive a reply?

Hi all,

I have emailed my details through and never heard anything back

This is why I downloaded the mission from another server and used it. :)

However I switched back to 404 now (version "f"), it gives better FPS, and in fact I'm constantly in the top list (talking about wasteland server).

However I switched back to 404 now (version "f"), it gives better FPS, and in fact I'm constantly in the top list (talking about wasteland server).

All I'm looking for is a community of players to play with on my server,recently with TPG and GoT my server has a really low player count despite having a free teamspeak and forums, literally can't give it away.

How you ask? I dont know. Im not the one trying to edit his work with no permission. That being said I am unaware if he has licensed his work. How does one steal? according to Sa-Matra ask 404

So thus it wont work until you get Sa-Matra's serverside init or take the one from Marker.

Fair enough. At this point I'd pay to get a hold of this mission. There is nothing like it an I can't even stomach any other game type! Keep up the good work!

FLOTgaming.net has also sent in a request to host Sa-matra's Wasteland, a little over a month ago, with no reply. Our goal is to host a stable US East Coast server on a dedi box, none of this basement 'hosting'.

We already have a GoT variant out there. Check us out at FLOTgaming.net.

Edited by Cosmo121

Do you mean TPG, on the 404 wasteland file only mentions 1.06? Can't find which one you mean?

Yes, TGP variant of the 404 version. I'm using the 1.08h atm and it runs very smooth!

Greeting, i got banned on a mistake, there were hackers on the server and i said that those fu***ing hacker borred me. So, one of them said that i was Hacker, but how can he say that as i'm a real good player. So I said that i wasn't the hacked but MvitaminC because he spawn behind me (i was on a island) and he shootdown me.

After this i got a chopper (KA) abandonned and go to the island, but after the server was restarted and i am banned.

But its a mistake because i come on this server since 3 weeks around, and i play for fun, not for fuck all game. (and i don't want that my key is banned for every server. Because I PAID IT.

Cordially Bombe

Hello Sa-Matra and Community

First of all i want to apologize for my bad English. Then i want to add that i played countless of Hours the sa-matra map because in my eyes its simply the best map atm.

The Problem i encountered is that the weapons of vehicles become nearly useless when its getting pitch black night because of the disabled night vision and thermal. I know it is not possible to enable NV only and that some people consider Thermal overpowered.

Honestly i don't consider Thermal overpowered anymore. At first when people where new to the game and didn't know how to really handle enemy vehicles, it was truly a very strong thing to have an armored vehicle like the Ifrit GMG, Hunter GMG and the Strider GMG but nowadays they resemble more like a death trap. 1 RPG blows those things to pieces and to get hands on one isn't really difficult anymore because most players are experienced. On top of that comes the inventory bug which leads to a lot of more money in the game than there should be and with that of course more RPG's.

Thermal vision gives you the advantage to see hostiles really easy. But it is still not such a big deal as you might think, because the GMG is inaccurate at higher distances. In close ranges the slow turret turn speed is a huge disadvantage that can be easily taken advantage of. It's not a rare occurrence that an enemy comes close to the Vehicle and destroys all wheels. That will still happen. TV does not provide 360° vision.

Therefore i would like to see Thermal and NV re-enabled in Vehicles again, at least on some servers.

sincerely, Akiba

Hello Sa-Matra and Community

First of all i want to apologize for my bad English. Then i want to add that i played countless of Hours the sa-matra map because in my eyes its simply the best map atm.

The Problem i encountered is that the weapons of vehicles become nearly useless when its getting pitch black night because of the disabled night vision and thermal. I know it is not possible to enable NV only and that some people consider Thermal overpowered.

Honestly i don't consider Thermal overpowered anymore. At first when people where new to the game and didn't know how to really handle enemy vehicles, it was truly a very strong thing to have an armored vehicle like the Ifrit GMG, Hunter GMG and the Strider GMG but nowadays they resemble more like a death trap. 1 RPG blows those things to pieces and to get hands on one isn't really difficult anymore because most players are experienced. On top of that comes the inventory bug which leads to a lot of more money in the game than there should be and with that of course more RPG's.

Thermal vision gives you the advantage to see hostiles really easy. But it is still not such a big deal as you might think, because the GMG is inaccurate at higher distances. In close ranges the slow turret turn speed is a huge disadvantage that can be easily taken advantage of. It's not a rare occurrence that an enemy comes close to the Vehicle and destroys all wheels. That will still happen. TV does not provide 360° vision.

Therefore i would like to see Thermal and NV re-enabled in Vehicles again, at least on some servers.

sincerely, Akiba

IMO this is why this mission file should be released so people can customize things like this. On a realism standpoint this is absolutely necessary, a lot of these weapons have the capability in real life so why can't they be used as such in the game. I understand removing sprites like cross hairs and the lock on reticles but this is a little much and it really nerfs a lot of weapons.

I understand what you're saying, but think of it this way: there's currently a mortar in A3, but it is not in the game. Also, attack choppers have been stripped of guided missiles. Some tweaks like this serve to balance the game - at the cost of real life features and options. Not saying everything is ideal, but we can discuss and perhaps agree on a set of features that would be fair and entertaining to play at the same time. This would keep things consistent and compact from the player's point of view - having one Wasteland and no doubt about what it is. I think that's much better than having 100 servers with 10 - 15 players each, and within those 100 have 20 different games, all under the same name.

Anyone got a EU clan/Team on this and Arma 2 wasteland by Sa Matra that I could join? EU.

Hey,

there's currently a mortar in A3, but it is not in the game

I don't understand what you were trying to say here.

Also, attack choppers have been stripped of guided missiles. Some tweaks like this serve to balance the game - at the cost of real life features and options.

Another point that bugs me. The AH-99 and the Kaiman are very rare to get so they should be very powerful. I played a lot of sa-matra since Alpha and in teams where we get nearly every capture vehicle and downed helicopter and still we only had like 2 AH-99 and 4-5 Kaimans in my whole Arma 3 life. Atm the missles of the Kaiman feel more like shooting with a Katjuscha then a weapon system of today or even the future.

I don't understand in general why the missile lock is disabled. Considering the rare occurance of the attack helicopters and, even more the fact that a Titan MPRL destroys a Helicopter without any escape chance for the Pilot. Because there is no warning signal for incoming aa-missiles the flares are pretty useless. I still never heard someone complaining about balance even tho there should be a warning sound in the future.

In general I think Arma isn't about balance like counterstrike or battlefield. Arma claims to be a War simulation and i think that we all agree that War isn't balanced at all ;).

having one Wasteland and no doubt about what it is. I think that's much better than having 100 servers with 10 - 15 players each, and within those 100 have 20 different games, all under the same name.

I totally agree with you on that topic. Even tho the quality of the servers differ quite a bit (for example the EU and UK servers).

sincerely, Akiba

Edited by Akiba

[bUG]

- Medkits won't let you heal yourself or others. This is kind of a big issue since you can't fully heal your self.(At least I don't know how to.)

Hey,

They exist in Arma, but are not included in Wasteland. Sorry, bad wording :)

Hey,

Another point that bugs me. The AH-99 and the Kaiman are very rare to get so they should be very powerful. I played a lot of sa-matra since Alpha and in teams where we get nearly every capture vehicle and downed helicopter and still we only had like 2 AH-99 and 4-5 Kaimans in my whole Arma 3 life. Atm the missles of the Kaiman feel more like shooting with a Katjuscha then a weapon system of today or even the future.

I don't understand in general why the missile lock is disabled. Considering the rare occurance of the attack helicopters and, even more the fact that a Titan MPRL destroys a Helicopter without any escape chance for the Pilot. Because there is no warning signal for incoming aa-missiles the flares are pretty useless. I still never heard someone complaining about balance even tho there should be a warning sound in the future.

In general I think Arma isn't about balance like counterstrike or battlefield. Arma claims to be a War simulation and i think that we all agree that War isn't balanced at all ;).

I totally agree with you on that topic. Even tho the quality of the servers differ quite a bit (for example the EU and UK servers).

sincerely, Akiba

I couldn't have said it better myself.

[bUG]

- Medkits won't let you heal yourself or others. This is kind of a big issue since you can't fully heal your self.(At least I don't know how to.)

Sa-matra wasteland doesn't utilize medkits like other wasteland missions, just First Aid Kits are available. FAKs are only designed to heal you to 75%. If you read the Sa-Matra wasteland documentation the only way to get 100% health back is to have full food and water to slowly regain your health, therefore this is not a bug but an intentional feature of the mission. Hope this helps.