Sign in to follow this  
samatra

[MP/Team] Sa-Matra's Wasteland

What's going on with the UK servers? They keep dying after anywhere from 1 to 4 hours. I stick to US servers, even though they have a higher ping they run smoother and are more stable.

@thad0ctor: Are you hosting in the EU?

Murica!!!!

Its hosted in Texas, I'm not sure if he's giving it out freely but I'd love to host this mission!

ha! that may be, but i haven't turned it on anywhere, how do i turn it off :)

nvm, silly me i looked at my game settings and disabled stream friendly ui, guess i missed that earlier o.0

Edited by Vandergift
i'm stupid :)

@thad0ctor: At least we get more servers.

@Vandergift: You're welcome :P

Edited by ANTiGFX

The day/night cycle is not very smooth at the moment. Any possibility to improve on that? Also any eta on some dynamic weather?

Hey,

Tried playing on one of your servers for the first time (I think) yesterday only to find out that I've been banned.

Was just wondering if you could check what the reason for the ban is, I can play just fine on other servers.

Thanks in advance

My ingame name is leka

I have also had this exact same problem. Who is the mod who we could direct our questions about this to?

Hey,

Tried playing on one of your servers for the first time (I think) yesterday only to find out that I've been banned.

Was just wondering if you could check what the reason for the ban is, I can play just fine on other servers.

Thanks in advance

My ingame name is leka

I sent info weeks ago to host a Sa-Matra Server not a peep whats the deal ?

Same. We sent a couple emails with no response. I think one of my guys even reached out to him on reddit with no response. We are currently running a GoT Wasteland but Sa-Matra is sooo much better. We have an awesome rig and unbeatable bandwidth, sad we haven't gotten to rreally put it to the test yet.

Same. We sent a couple emails with no response. I think one of my guys even reached out to him on reddit with no response. We are currently running a GoT Wasteland but Sa-Matra is sooo much better. We have an awesome rig and unbeatable bandwidth, sad we haven't gotten to rreally put it to the test yet.

We have also sent an application to host this mission and I have emailed a few times for an update.

The response I have received which I think is applicable to you both is as follows:

"Hi. We are on hold with new servers for now, if you dropped an email to ws@arma.su we'll consider you as soon as will decide to have more servers. Thanks."

Jabbajaws77

The day/night cycle is not very smooth at the moment. Any possibility to improve on that? Also any eta on some dynamic weather?

I really liked how things were before this change: when server ran for 18-24 hours you had both day and night in the game. Of course, people get used to anything but still this sudden change of day and night is quite irritating. Especially so when this change is not synchronous with other players. Some might argue that it adds more fun or complexity, but I think it makes game less realistic.

How about making time acceleration (say x2 or x10) instead? Or return to earlier mode?

How to rearm vehicles? Nvm, found it. Bought via gun store.

Edited by Trauma.au

I really liked how things were before this change: when server ran for 18-24 hours you had both day and night in the game.

While I do agree with you on the current transition being weird to say the least, there are issues with running a server for a long (long enough to accommodate for a more natural day/night transition) period of time :( Plus, relying on a server "surviving" (restarts for whatever reason) for a full natural day/night cycle would mean that it would rarely be night...

Do you think that saving game time of day between restarts would be a good way to deal with it?

How long a server runs wouldn't be an issue, only the "time compression", which is a topic of its own... do we want a realistic 8hr night and 16hr day (or whatever the natural ratio is for whatever time of year), or a shorter one so we might have a couple of nights in a gaming session?

Edited by Ceh

Could we please get vehicle Night Vision enabled. Bit odd having day optics only.

Could we please get vehicle Night Vision enabled. Bit odd having day optics only.

+1

NV but not IR.

We have also sent an application to host this mission and I have emailed a few times for an update.

The response I have received which I think is applicable to you both is as follows:

"Hi. We are on hold with new servers for now, if you dropped an email to { } we'll consider you as soon as will decide to have more servers. Thanks."

Jabbajaws77

Wow Jabba, I'd of thought they'd jump at the chance for you guys to run it on your server. Its one of the few servers in australia that is constantly full.

Wow Jabba, I'd of thought they'd jump at the chance for you guys to run it on your server. Its one of the few servers in australia that is constantly full.

Thanks Mate, glad you like it...... Maybe he will see your comment and consider us again, until then I am trying to get a GoT version hashed out for a cleaner look but keeping the base capture and our missions.

Proving difficult at the moment :)

Jabbajaws77

Hello, ive been banned from all the wasteland server of samatra? i really dont know why ive been banned?

thanks in advance.

Last night i killed four ppl when i accidentally pressed "touch of bomb" when i was going to open my inventory. I told everyone it wasnt on purpose och was going to make it up for them, but now im banned on all SAmatra servers and i love those servers.

Never TK before (except when someone tried to kill me or my friend).

Pls help!

I dont know why im saying this, But someone should just post his mission, Its quite stupid to keep a mission like this to just a dedicated few. Not to mention it would rather get famous like other wasteland mods too.

Probably got a good reason to keep it that way, someone's prolly been taking credit for their earlier work. As long as they let people host it I don't really mind. It's easier to have one mod, rather than 10 spin-offs that don't really do anything new.

Probably got a good reason to keep it that way, someone's prolly been taking credit for their earlier work. As long as they let people host it I don't really mind. It's easier to have one mod, rather than 10 spin-offs that don't really do anything new.

Well in a way, Having more servers is what they want, And its not like everyone can host it, Only a dedicated few.

Because if you look at my specs.

- Your nickname = Azula

- Your community\squad you are in = None.

- What servers you host already = Tons of source servers, 3 arma 1, 2 arma 2's, And 1 arma 3, And then around 5 different battlefield mod servers.

- How many Wasteland servers you plan to host = 1

- Your server hardware and geo location = I7 second gen sandy bridge, GTX 520, 14 gb's of ram, Asus motherboard, And then a 50/50 mb connection.

- Preferably way to contact you through skype = AuraLoveless

And then watch as he denies it because hes not accepting servers now.

Last night i killed four ppl when i accidentally pressed "touch of bomb" when i was going to open my inventory. I told everyone it wasnt on purpose och was going to make it up for them, but now im banned on all SAmatra servers and i love those servers.

Never TK before (except when someone tried to kill me or my friend).

Pls help!

hi, go on code4gaming register post in Ban Appeal and you will be unbanned from all Samatra servers. if youre banned its for all the samatra server. with a good reason u shud be unbanned.

This is BS, I'm getting kicked from the EU Sa-Matra servers and probably because of this:

I spawned near one of the towns with a gunstore, found a gun and walked up the hill to check the store for some enemies.

Outside the store there was a car parked with the engine still running so I got suspicious and looked around the building but couldn't find any players outside. Since the door to the gunstore was closed I thought someone were inside and was shopping gear. I knew that he probably would kill me if I opened the door so I did as my friend told me earlier (shoot through doors). I gave it a go and lucky enough I killed him with after a couple of random shots pointed at the gunstore NPC.

I opened the door to loot him and realized that another guy was inside the store laying on the ground pointing his gun at the entrance...he was way to slow though so I got him also.

Immediately after this they said this in the direct chat: nice hack....

I explained the above to them (about engine running, closed door etc) but they didn't reply back, so I thought they probably were pissed and continued playing and so did I..

And now to the problem:

I played for about 30-40min after this without any problems and then had to log off. Now a couple of hours later when I tried to enter one of the EU servers I got kicked after spawning in the town...I thought it was a bug or something so I reconnected but once again got kicked. Tried another EU server and got kicked there also.

No message or anything except "You got kicked".

I tried to enter another server which was US and for some reason it worked out without any problems.

But I think it's ridiculous getting banned for something like this. No anticheat warnings or anything, just a kiddie whining about getting killed in a wierd way (I know that getting killed with behind a closed door doesn't happen everyday but it CAN!!!)

I regularly stream my sessions when I play but sad enough I didn't stream that moment so I can't show you what happend.

So what can I do know, can I contact someone and try to get unbanned or am I screwed forever for no reason?

This is on the Famous-network.de EU servers.

EDIT: Seems like the I'm not getting kicked anymore..hmm..

Edited by nd3r

I've installed this mission by joining one of the servers and moving the file from: C:\Users\[myusername]\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache\Wasteland_by_Sa-Matra.Stratis.pbo to my server mission files. I've unpacked the file by using a PBO unpacker to customize it for my necessities (I left it unpacked into its folder, and apparently it's working fine). I wanted to know if this is ok, or if there's a public repository to download the mission from. Thank you.