Sign in to follow this  
samatra

[MP/Team] Sa-Matra's Wasteland

This is a fantastic mission and the best Wasteland variant around. I can't wait to host this for the IRoC community once available or our application is processed.

Thanks.

Love this version of Wasteland, really like that items are hard to come by especially armored vehicles.

::Suggestions::

- Night Gameplay //Arma looks great at night! This might be server admins have to change though.

- Spawnpoints // Move the spawnpoints away from the towns to make it easier to fortify towns.

- Inventory Bug // When putting ammo crates in your inventory the loot disappears.

- Character Save Feature // Some servers crash quite often so this would be a good addition imo.

- Weather // More overcast weather and fog, not all the time but have some different conditions.

Edit:

- Gun Store // Add option to buy crates straight into the inventory of a nearby vehicle.

- Gun Store // Add a lock/unlock system on the crates you buy the same way vehicles have in Stratis Life.

- Gun Store // Add a zones you can select when buying a crate so you know where it spawns.

- Gun Store // Fix issue with disappearing store crate.

- Gun Store // Add glasses and goggles to the store inventory, especially diving goggles.

- Add General Store // Store that sells food, water, repair-kits and fuel.

- Mission // Add assassination missions were the AI's loot is the main reward. Ex: Take out enemy sniper team.

- Repairs // Make it so that you can repair a vehicle to full health no matter how little damage it has sustained.

- Vehicle Lock System // Add a lock/unlock system to vehicles based on repair kits. To lock a vehicle you go to the repairkit in your inventory and choose "Make Lockable". This links the vehicle to you and as long as you keep it locked. To unlock someone else's locked vehicle you do the same but choose "Break In", this will only break the lock and not make it lockable for you unless you spend another Repair Kit making it lockable again.

Edited by ANTiGFX

Added some more stuff to my first post, let me know what people think.

So I have been playing the sa matra wasteland servers for a few weeks now, 2 days ago I logged in and all the servers have yellow question marks except us#3, I can load all of these servers with question marks and play for about 10 minutes but then I receive a message that I have been kicked off game. A friend in the server when it happens says that it notes a different file for the reasoning everytime it does it. I have my anitvirus turned off, I have the game excepted through my router and firewall. I have deleted all steam files and arma files, un installed everything, and then re installed and im still getting the same problem. I can play us#3 no problem but last night I was being killed by a hacker that was floating in the air and killing me by throwing me in the air. I wanted to change server because I couldn't find an admin. So im stuck with a server that seems to never have an admin present or not play at all. Please somebody help me with this, I can find virtually no information about the yellow question mark except my files don't match the servers but I have swept everything and done a clean install now twice.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

oh and im not opted in for the devolpment beta either

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

and also im signing in through steam, no 3rd party clients

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

also I have verified with steam and it's saying im 100% verified, the only thing I could find so far is people are saying that the servers are not running the most updated steam client. Im being kicked over and over and it's saying im missing pbo files. But a full delete and re verify my chache brings up no errors, but the servers are all still yellow question marks except us#3. My hardware would not be an issue either as im running on an icore 7 with 32 gigs of ram, with an nvidia 680 and solid state drives on windows 7. I have never installed hacks or mods so this is purely from a stock install. Somebody please help me because there is almost nothing on this issue I can find anywhere. I have seen other people bring up the issue and never get responses back.

Edited by imkichen

Hi SaMatra I have been wrongfully banned from your Hardcore server (and all the others). I may have accidently killed a group of people in a chopper by dc. Logged on few days ago and I been banned. I love the aspect of hardcore as no 3rd person. Please help, many thanks.

IGN: Guvnors

ID: 76561198008416176

Love this version of Wasteland, really like that items are hard to come by especially armored vehicles.

::Suggestions::

- Night Gameplay //Arma looks great at night! This might be server admins have to change though.

- Spawnpoints // Move the spawnpoints away from the towns to make it easier to fortify towns.

- Inventory Bug // When putting ammo crates in your inventory the loot disappears.

- Character Save Feature // Some servers crash quite often so this would be a good addition imo.

- Weather // More overcast weather and fog, not all the time but have some different conditions.

Edit:

- Gun Store // Add option to buy crates straight into the inventory of a nearby vehicle.

- Gun Store // Add a lock/unlock system on the crates you buy the same way vehicles have in Stratis Life.

- Gun Store // Add a zones you can select when buying a crate so you know where it spawns.

- Gun Store // Fix issue with disappearing store crate.

- Gun Store // Add glasses and goggles to the store inventory, especially diving goggles.

- Add General Store // Store that sells food, water, repair-kits and fuel.

- Mission // Add assassination missions were the AI's loot is the main reward. Ex: Take out enemy sniper team.

- Repairs // Make it so that you can repair a vehicle to full health no matter how little damage it has sustained.

- Vehicle Lock System // Add a lock/unlock system to vehicles based on repair kits. To lock a vehicle you go to the repairkit in your inventory and choose "Make Lockable". This links the vehicle to you and as long as you keep it locked. To unlock someone else's locked vehicle you do the same but choose "Break In", this will only break the lock and not make it lockable for you unless you spend another Repair Kit making it lockable again.

Thanks a lot for suggestions.

>Night Gameplay

Since NVGs were fixed in last patch, we will add night time in next version

>Spawnpoints

Questionable, people should get access to stuff when they spawn and stuff spawns in cities

>Inventory Bug

Do you mean Vehicle Ammo Crate? You are not supposed to put stuff there at all and it shouldn't let you to.

>Character Save Feature

Unlikely, there will be other save features though

>Weather

Will be added soon

>Gun Store // Add option to buy crates straight into the inventory of a nearby vehicle.

Would be useful but I'm not sure if I will find time to implement it

>Gun Store // Add a lock/unlock system on the crates you buy the same way vehicles have in Stratis Life.

Will consider

>Gun Store // Add a zones you can select when buying a crate so you know where it spawns.

Crates spawn right inside the store, what kind of zone you mean?

>Gun Store // Fix issue with disappearing store crate.

Trying to, not sure what causes it.

>Gun Store // Add glasses and goggles to the store inventory, especially diving goggles.

You get Diving Goggles with each purchase about $400. I'll probably add a way to buy other glasses in one way or another. The problem is that you cannot spawn glasses in crates or anywhere, just right on player.

>Add General Store // Store that sells food, water, repair-kits and fuel.

Repairkits\Fuel sells in gun stores, we are not going to sell food\water, you have to get it yourself off missions or by scavenging

>Mission // Add assassination missions were the AI's loot is the main reward. Ex: Take out enemy sniper team.

Partially in with AI squads on the map, will expand on this

>Repairs // Make it so that you can repair a vehicle to full health no matter how little damage it has sustained.

Will consider making something about it

>Vehicle Lock System // Add a lock/unlock system to vehicles based on repair kits. To lock a vehicle you go to the repairkit in your inventory and choose "Make Lockable". This links the vehicle to you and as long as you keep it locked. To unlock someone else's locked vehicle you do the same but choose "Break In", this will only break the lock and not make it lockable for you unless you spend another Repair Kit making it lockable again.

Thanks for suggestion, we do have plans to let people lock their vehicles.

So I have been playing the sa matra wasteland servers for a few weeks now, 2 days ago I logged in and all the servers have yellow question marks except us#3, I can load all of these servers with question marks and play for about 10 minutes but then I receive a message that I have been kicked off game. A friend in the server when it happens says that it notes a different file for the reasoning everytime it does it. I have my anitvirus turned off, I have the game excepted through my router and firewall. I have deleted all steam files and arma files, un installed everything, and then re installed and im still getting the same problem. I can play us#3 no problem but last night I was being killed by a hacker that was floating in the air and killing me by throwing me in the air. I wanted to change server because I couldn't find an admin. So im stuck with a server that seems to never have an admin present or not play at all. Please somebody help me with this, I can find virtually no information about the yellow question mark except my files don't match the servers but I have swept everything and done a clean install now twice.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

oh and im not opted in for the devolpment beta either

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

and also im signing in through steam, no 3rd party clients

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

also I have verified with steam and it's saying im 100% verified, the only thing I could find so far is people are saying that the servers are not running the most updated steam client. Im being kicked over and over and it's saying im missing pbo files. But a full delete and re verify my chache brings up no errors, but the servers are all still yellow question marks except us#3. My hardware would not be an issue either as im running on an icore 7 with 32 gigs of ram, with an nvidia 680 and solid state drives on windows 7. I have never installed hacks or mods so this is purely from a stock install. Somebody please help me because there is almost nothing on this issue I can find anywhere. I have seen other people bring up the issue and never get responses back.

Don't really know what to say, all servers accept clients with clean install and no mods active.

Hi SaMatra I have been wrongfully banned from your Hardcore server (and all the others). I may have accidently killed a group of people in a chopper by dc. Logged on few days ago and I been banned. I love the aspect of hardcore as no 3rd person. Please help, many thanks.

IGN: Guvnors

ID: 76561198008416176

Responded in PM

Thanks for your response!

>Inventory Bug

Do you mean Vehicle Ammo Crate? You are not supposed to put stuff there at all and it shouldn't let you to.

- Ahh you're correct, never mind then^^

>Gun Store // Add a zones you can select when buying a crate so you know where it spawns.

Crates spawn right inside the store, what kind of zone you mean?

(Garage)

::::::::::::::::::::::::

: [Z1][Z2][Z3]

:

:

: [Z4][Z5][Z6]

::::::::::::::::::::::::

Z1 = Zone 1

--------------------------

Mission Suggestion

Played around with the editor and came up with another mission that might work. There are plenty of antennas around the map, make a mission that puts guards around them and give player a mission to clear the area. Once the area is cleared have a box or something that gives you a support action that let's you call in a "Heli Supply Drop" wherever you want. If you die before it's called in, it's gone.

Edited by ANTiGFX

Hey SaMatra, I sent you a couple emails in regards to my communities interest in starting a sa-matra wasteland server. Maybe it ended up in your junk mail?

Hi SaMatra, A member of my team (old team, still a friend thuogh) has been globally banned from the servers. Is it possible you could PM me about how he can get unbanned? Thanks sir.

Great Wasteland btw, runs better then any other version I have played on. I'll be sure to add some suggestions when they come to mind.

@SaMatra

"Interesting feedback, I don't think its related to the mission (there isn't anything that can cause performance drop on key presses), you should try some tests, for example create some mission with say plenty of AI moving around the island, measure your FPS and leave it for a night and check how much FPS will change when you will wake up." (About fps suddenly dropping to 10+ when moving mouse cursor and/or holding down keys on the keyboard.)

I finally had my computer run a mission someone made for me with about 400 ai soldiers running around for about 6 hours (only at the airport though), however my FPS never suffered at all and I am not any wiser as to what might have been wrong in the first place when playing Arma 3 Wasteland.

Hey SaMatra, I got on today and found out I was banned from all Sa-Matra servers. I have some ideas what could have triggered it and I think it was all a misunderstanding. I'd be thankful for any information you could give me back if you ever have the time, thanks!

Ahhhh blocking cheats .... gotta love the whining. Battleye FTW !

just enquiring if you would like a uk hoster for your wasteland.

i have played arma 2 wasteland for some time now and just thought i would ask if you would like a uk server (Britain)

so drop us a message if you fancy thank you for your time

Hi SaMatra, A member of my team (old team, still a friend thuogh) has been globally banned from the servers. Is it possible you could PM me about how he can get unbanned? Thanks sir.

Great Wasteland btw, runs better then any other version I have played on. I'll be sure to add some suggestions when they come to mind.

Gotta love this post

I've been having a problem playing any Sa-Matra Wasteland server. It seems that this mission "hardcodes" the NumPad keys to different non-verbal / visual communications, such as the player nodding or shaking his head, pointing forward, etc. In no other mission have I ever seen the NumPad used for this. The problem is, being left-handed, I use the NumPad for my directional keys, among others. I can't seem to find any binds in Controls related to this.

It's unfortunately preventing me from trying out Sa-Matra Wasteland, as I can't move around. Any idea what's going on here?

Hey, can you like cut back with the unscheduled restarts? It's really getting under my skin when there isn't even an announcement of it on the servers.. Also could you fix back UK#2 to being nighttime? I mean there's 3 other servers and one or two of them is hardcore, so why not keep it nighttime? It was really sweet and it doesn't lag, people just have sh***y pc's.

Is this still being released? I am hoping to get a copy of this mission, being that I have access to an excellent server box, and as well access to a great community.

when are you guys gonna update your servers to the most recent steam update, after steam updates my game I loose more and more of your servers, and after todays steam update every single one of your servers is a red x. Im not opted into the dev build, I just have auto update selected in steam for the game and it verify's my cache fine each time but all your servers are red x's now. Im assuming thats why most of your servers are now empty and I can't play on them. Is there a way to request all servers update so people that had that selected can get back in?

Working on v4 addressing current issues, server will be updated to last version within today. (Will respond to questions in thread bit later)

Will the new version have night time? *fingers crossed*

Awesome version, I just sent an email about hosting this version officially, in the meantime I plan on hosting this mission with a 50 per slot server from ViLayer I just ordered!

What's going on with the UK servers? They keep dying after anywhere from 1 to 4 hours. I stick to US servers, even though they have a higher ping they run smoother and are more stable.

@thad0ctor: Are you hosting in the EU?

i might have found a bug, each time i join a server with sa-matra's wasteland i have no chat window, and the nicknames of my teammates are not appearing, they are referred to as "<teammate>", and i am "<you>" instead of my nickname. I have no such issue on other wasteland versions, only on sa-matra's one. have anyone else experienced it? for the record i tried everything, from checking the integrity of game cache to re-installing the game itself. Pls help, as not being able to comunnicate with my teammates is ruining my fun

i might have found a bug, each time i join a server with sa-matra's wasteland i have no chat window, and the nicknames of my teammates are not appearing, they are referred to as "<teammate>", and i am "<you>" instead of my nickname. I have no such issue on other wasteland versions, only on sa-matra's one. have anyone else experienced it? for the record i tried everything, from checking the integrity of game cache to re-installing the game itself. Pls help, as not being able to comunnicate with my teammates is ruining my fun

Are you sure you're not using the stream-friendly UI?