Sign in to follow this  
samatra

[MP/Team] Sa-Matra's Wasteland

Did you even try it? 2 minutes timeout for selling bought crates was implemented from day 1.

Yes. This griefer sold my crate each time within ~30 seconds of me buying it (and this occurred in total 2 times)! I'm not sure what allowed him to do so, but he was definitely doing it. He even was banned from the server for it.

[Note: This was on the DEV server on June 24th that this happened]

Yes. This griefer sold my crate each time within ~30 seconds of me buying it (and this occurred in total 2 times)! I'm not sure what allowed him to do so, but he was definitely doing it. He even was banned from the server for it.

[Note: This was on the DEV server on June 24th that this happened]

#define SELL_DELAY	120

2 minutes delay currently. Are you sure he didn't just put it in vehicle or something?

---

To all hosting requests: I'll respond bit later when all changes with beta version will be settled.

#define SELL_DELAY	120

2 minutes delay currently. Are you sure he didn't just put it in vehicle or something?

---

To all hosting requests: I'll respond bit later when all changes with beta version will be settled.

I'm 100% sure. He even admitted that he sold it and then he killed himself before getting kicked, and he dropped all the money that he got from selling my stuff (and the amount was almost the same as what I had spent).

EDIT: Ceh was the admin online at the time, so you can ask him to verify, if you'd like.

Game crashing on Dev build server on loading screen since update which was released 10min ago , maybe the server just needs a restart i don't know , its displayed yellow though ...

The commoner clothes on Independent only have 10 slots now (used to be 20 in the alpha) and we don't get a vest, any plans to rebalance this or use the new independent models added in the beta? We can't even carry a magazine of ammo and a first aid kit.

Edit: Also you can't even carry a machine gun clip with only 10 slots.

Edited by Cyborgmatt

SaMatra

Seems like I have been wrongfully banned from your servers, could you please check this out?

In-game name is "bjoernar"

Logged off yesterday after several hours of fun.

Tried to join one of your servers now, but it says I've been banned.

SaMatra

Seems like I have been wrongfully banned from your servers, could you please check this out?

In-game name is "bjoernar"

Logged off yesterday after several hours of fun.

Tried to join one of your servers now, but it says I've been banned.

Did you do anything special that could have teleported you or maybe moved you somewhere out of the sudden? Anyway, unbanned you.

The commoner clothes on Independent only have 10 slots now (used to be 20 in the alpha) and we don't get a vest, any plans to rebalance this or use the new independent models added in the beta? We can't even carry a magazine of ammo and a first aid kit.

Edit: Also you can't even carry a machine gun clip with only 10 slots.

Rebalanced in v2

I'd like to applaud your work Sa-Matra. I've never been a fan of Wasteland due to the fact that it's always laggy or has a terrible fps.

However I played your version today and wow! Your Wasteland is superior in every way compared to the other Wasteland missions. I had fun actually being able play, and the gameplay mechanics are wonderful! You did a fine job and I hope you keep up the good work!

Great work Sa-Matra! There is a high possibility of accidental duping at the moment, is this an Arma issue or can you fix that?

Will you support night time in the future?

Also, I noticed that the UK servers are not listed on http://wasteland.arma.su/.

Hey,

I think you wont accept my Email to you, for the Server, cause its just a Clan and i think you want a Server for all, but then i wish you would host some Servers with like 20-30 People cause 40 are to much and its not funny :/

Not sure why, but a lot of people are getting kicked on the US #1 and 2 servers for an incorrect signature for dubbing_f_beta.pbo

Absolutely love this mission been playing alot lately but I can only play either very early in the day or very late at night when the servers aren't so full because i get terrible fps in 40-50 man servers. Would it be possible for someone to host a 30 man server for people like myself with middle of the road type pc's? It's all my computer can handle unfortunately.

I realize that once this goes public there will probably be a few of these popping up I just really want to enjoy it now with a decent amount of players, 30 seems to be the magic number. If you can't it's fine I'll wait, awesome job Sa-matra!

Edited by Reidman

Feedback from playing:

- Removing "enemy player entered store" and on map "enemy spotted near shop". This is easy mode and it removes fun factor. This should be removed. It is also some sort of soft exploit, to show you where are the enemy players (newbie helper, some sort).

- When selecting the towns - Don't allow to show friendly players. Let them use brain.

- Balancing items for selling - Some items can be sold in 10k+++ $ range. Instead, sell them for 200-400$ / piece. This way players have to work for best guns, gear and not being fully geared with best items within 5 min. of server restart.

(Donno if appropriate)

- Removing notifications about missions. So players actually start looking on map and use some brains :).

Bug: Fixing invisible fire at crashed chopper (Or is that Arma 3 bug?).

Edited by Madmaxm

I'd like to applaud your work Sa-Matra. I've never been a fan of Wasteland due to the fact that it's always laggy or has a terrible fps.

However I played your version today and wow! Your Wasteland is superior in every way compared to the other Wasteland missions. I had fun actually being able play, and the gameplay mechanics are wonderful! You did a fine job and I hope you keep up the good work!

^^^THIS, thanks SaMatra

Guys, sorry for no responses and activity from me in recent week, I'm still busy with other stuff and can't dedicate a time to answer all hosting request emails and handle all other requests. I will be away till July 10 so please use our teamspeak if you need to appeal your ban or anything else. (Thanks for feedback, I will respond to each suggestion later)

Edited by SaMatra

Best Wasteland version by far. Such a shame it's only on a handful of servers. I encourage all hosts to switch to Sa Matra as it's 1,000 more fun. Keep up the good work.

Mod designer ahoy, some concerns !

Why can your teammates loot YOUR backpack without you knowing or hearing ?

Why arent YOUR items locked to YOU so they cant be stolen.

Mod designer ahoy, some concerns !

Why can your teammates loot YOUR backpack without you knowing or hearing ?

Why arent YOUR items locked to YOU so they cant be stolen.

That's an engine side thing, you can't freely manipulate those things just from the mission side which is what Wasteland is (a mission, not a mod). If it was a mod then it'd be a different story.

And then howabout reducing friendly fire to 50% ? And how about making teamkilling punishable by death and banishment by default ? The biggest problem with this - mission - type is your own team, not the enemy

Hi SaMatra,

the performance of your wasteland implementation is really very impressiv.

For me a proof, that it is generally possible to write efficient code in .sqf and that the current A3 engine can't be that bad.

Maybe you can write, once upon a time, a tutorial for other developers how to optimize for A3 engine?

Thanks for your good work and please keep it up,

Fred41

Would really appreciate a response in relation to hosting a Sa-Matra Wasteland server. At any given time, the handful of servers are at maximum capacity and under monitored by said administrators, lets get some more servers hosting this mod because it's brilliant.

Best Wasteland version by far. Such a shame it's only on a handful of servers. I encourage all hosts to switch to Sa Matra as it's 1,000 more fun. Keep up the good work.

Believe me we have applied however the application needs to be accepted first.

We are really keen to host a SaMatra server :)

Jabbajaws77

Very nice mission, the performance is quite impressive indeed, compared to a lot of other missions out there :).

The only problem i seem to have with it is that quite often my game client crashes if i try to join one of the Dev Branch SaMatra Wasteland Servers, which doesn't happen with other missions.

Even more strangely i was able to join and play without problems recently, but today the problem re-appeared.

Very nice mission, the performance is quite impressive indeed, compared to a lot of other missions out there :).

The only problem i seem to have with it is that quite often my game client crashes if i try to join one of the Dev Branch SaMatra Wasteland Servers, which doesn't happen with other missions.

Even more strangely i was able to join and play without problems recently, but today the problem re-appeared.

It's a little weird. My game locks up for a bit, but catches up after a little wait and then plays fine.

Great work Sa-Matra! There is a high possibility of accidental duping at the moment, is this an Arma issue or can you fix that?

Will you support night time in the future?

Also, I noticed that the UK servers are not listed on http://wasteland.arma.su/.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do, only BIS can fix inventory bugs.

Feedback from playing:

- Removing "enemy player entered store" and on map "enemy spotted near shop". This is easy mode and it removes fun factor. This should be removed. It is also some sort of soft exploit, to show you where are the enemy players (newbie helper, some sort).

Although this feature can be exploited, it greatly help to use a gun store without being killed within first minute.

- When selecting the towns - Don't allow to show friendly players. Let them use brain.

I don't see a problem with showing player names, it just aids the teamplay in my vision.

- Balancing items for selling - Some items can be sold in 10k+++ $ range. Instead, sell them for 200-400$ / piece. This way players have to work for best guns, gear and not being fully geared with best items within 5 min. of server restart.

What gives you such profits when you sell? If there is something specific that gives you a lot of cash, let me know, but either way I agree that prices need a rebalancing.

Bug: Fixing invisible fire at crashed chopper (Or is that Arma 3 bug?).

Problem with the game, nothing we can do.

And then howabout reducing friendly fire to 50% ? And how about making teamkilling punishable by death and banishment by default ? The biggest problem with this - mission - type is your own team, not the enemy

Agreed, teamkills are the big problem, reducing friendly fire might help a bit, I will consider it. I have few smaller features in mind on how to aid getting rid of teamkillers, will try to implement it.

Hi SaMatra,

the performance of your wasteland implementation is really very impressiv.

For me a proof, that it is generally possible to write efficient code in .sqf and that the current A3 engine can't be that bad.

Maybe you can write, once upon a time, a tutorial for other developers how to optimize for A3 engine?

Thanks for your good work and please keep it up,

Fred41

Can't really say that I did anything extraordinary other than using general programming optimization rules and generally understanding arma quirks.

Seem to happen with non-dev servers too, also with other missions, I suspect some kind of problem with arma itself that surfaces after server being up for some time.