Sign in to follow this  
samatra

[MP/Team] Sa-Matra's Wasteland

I wish I know how many players share my grief in having the fps plummet after about an hour of gameplay, without there being lots of players on the server. Something is obviously wrong and so far there is no reason to suspect there is something wrong on my part. If there was something wrong with Arma 3 alpha, I would like to know, because then I can expect that issue to be resolved in a satisfactory manner. Arma 3 alpha runs great imo, having 50-70 fps on very high settings and 3km view range, but after an hours, pfs falls down to 10+, and it seem linked to mouse and keyboard inputs. Pressing down the volume button have the fps drop to around 10+, same with Alt key and basicly any other key. Same when moving the camera or mouse cursor around.

I guess I will go check if the mouse settings in the in-game-options has an impact on fps somehow.

I wish I know how many players share my grief in having the fps plummet after about an hour of gameplay, without there being lots of players on the server. Something is obviously wrong and so far there is no reason to suspect there is something wrong on my part. If there was something wrong with Arma 3 alpha, I would like to know, because then I can expect that issue to be resolved in a satisfactory manner. Arma 3 alpha runs great imo, having 50-70 fps on very high settings and 3km view range, but after an hours, pfs falls down to 10+, and it seem linked to mouse and keyboard inputs. Pressing down the volume button have the fps drop to around 10+, same with Alt key and basicly any other key. Same when moving the camera or mouse cursor around.

I guess I will go check if the mouse settings in the in-game-options has an impact on fps somehow.

Interesting feedback, I don't think its related to the mission (there isn't anything that can cause performance drop on key presses), you should try some tests, for example create some mission with say plenty of AI moving around the island, measure your FPS and leave it for a night and check how much FPS will change when you will wake up.

Hi SaMatra, great work with the mission! However I just wanted to say that this group invasion happened to Penguin and myself again the other night. The guy somehow got in our group and then killed all of us. We were at a disadvantage because he had the group marker on him and in the confusion it was not obvious he was an enemy player. He then shouted in direct chat " Ha Ha! I killed your whole team!" This guy was using it as an exploit for sure.

This problem is very hard to debug since it happens at pure random. I added few measures on how to counter this but looks like it didn't help. You should have just left the group and created a new one. I'll look what else I can do to fix this. Thanks.

I was wondering how the grouping system works. I imagine there is some type of id that describes the group that players are a member of. is it possible that that group information is not getting cleared properly some times. And maybe a possible solution would be to make the Id more unique for every group by using something like GUID rather then an integer?

I may be completely wrong but I'm just thinking out loud.

You should have just left the group and created a new one. I'll look what else I can do to fix this. Thanks.
Thanks for trying to find a fix. We didn't know there was an extra person in our group until too late when he had wiped us out in 15 seconds flat. Only the group leader can see in their HUD the current group members and they did not notice anyone new joining.

Very pleased to see Sa-Matra's wasteland up on Arma 3 now - great work.

Is there going to be a 'Hardcore' server such as the No4 server on Arma 2? That would be awesome.

Have you tested the mission on the dev branch yet?

I second that, the beta content is there now!!!!

Now that's a topic to discuss: should Sa-Matra add all the new fancy vehicles/aircraft? We have to bear in mind the change of game they would introduce if added (massive firepower / shift from infantry focus)

Thoughts?

Server for dev branch is up, includes all new content, search for "arma.su".

Hello Sa-Matra,

First of all, thanks for a fantastic mod; I enjoy playing your version of Wasteland in both Arma 2 and 3.

I wonder if it would be possible to add an option to rebind the "Left Windows Key" that shows player names for a short while. I use a Steelseries 6VG2 keyboard and it has no left Windows Key (only a media key), thus I can't show the names of my teammates. If I could rebind the feature to a different key, I could actually see who it is that I'm playing with!

Big fan of this version of Wasteland, thanks for doing what you do SaMatra!

I'll give your RU#2 a try with the DEV build and see what is new.

Hmm... why isn't independent wearing uniforms? :(

Also, found you a bug or script error,

http://imageshack.us/a/img824/4830/19hu.jpg

:)

Starting loot of independents will be rebalanced since rangemaster belt no longer has 10 capacity

Thanks for report, will check it out

Hello Sa-Matra,

First of all, thanks for a fantastic mod; I enjoy playing your version of Wasteland in both Arma 2 and 3.

I wonder if it would be possible to add an option to rebind the "Left Windows Key" that shows player names for a short while. I use a Steelseries 6VG2 keyboard and it has no left Windows Key (only a media key), thus I can't show the names of my teammates. If I could rebind the feature to a different key, I could actually see who it is that I'm playing with!

Its hard to allow you rebind buttons right in the game, if you have a suggestion what button it should be I can make a setting in a menu to be able to switch it between this button and Windows key.

Is RU #2 a closed test?

I keep getting manually kicked off the server. :(

Is RU #2 a closed test?

I keep getting manually kicked off the server. :(

Its not. What's your in-game nickname and UID?

Oh cool. It's Tavish

EDIT: I'm now in the server. :D

Hello Sa-Matra,

I suppose sa Mantra could edit it and bind the action to one of the custom buttons in controls. (would be rebindable then), we did this for our clans hit script so it does work.

Its hard to allow you rebind buttons right in the game, if you have a suggestion what button it should be I can make a setting in a menu to be able to switch it between this button and Windows key.

Perhaps the TAB button could suffice. Of the top of my head, I don't remember any use for it in the Wasteland mod (I could be wrong tho). Or otherwise any of the F-buttons

Dan;2422017']I suppose sa Mantra could edit it and bind the action to one of the custom buttons in controls. (would be rebindable then)' date=' we did this for our clans hit script so it does work.[/quote']

That sounds great!

The current option in the gunstore to sell from nearby vehicles/crates has a huge flaw in it. As it is now, griefers on your team can just sit in the gunstore, wait for you to buy things in a new ammo crate, and then they can sell it all the stuff from that crate immediately after you buy it. This allows them to steal all your money. If there are multiple people in the store at the same time, you won't even know who stole your money!

Possible solution: Give players ownership of ammo crates they buy for a short period of time after they buy them (1-2 minutes), and then make it so people cannot sell from crates if someone else is an owner of them. (This would be similar to enemies trying to move base parts while a friendly is nearby and not being allowed to).

Server for dev branch is up, includes all new content, search for "arma.su".

wE LOVE YOU! :D

The current option in the gunstore to sell from nearby vehicles/crates has a huge flaw in it. As it is now, griefers on your team can just sit in the gunstore, wait for you to buy things in a new ammo crate, and then they can sell it all the stuff from that crate immediately after you buy it. This allows them to steal all your money. If there are multiple people in the store at the same time, you won't even know who stole your money!

Possible solution: Give players ownership of ammo crates they buy for a short period of time after they buy them (1-2 minutes), and then make it so people cannot sell from crates if someone else is an owner of them. (This would be similar to enemies trying to move base parts while a friendly is nearby and not being allowed to).

Did you even try it? 2 minutes timeout for selling bought crates was implemented from day 1.

I hope Sa-Matra will give our clan a chance to host the new build.

We currently have 1 ArmA3 server and looking at adding another as it is always full.

I have my fingers crossed :)

Jabbajaws77

I hope Sa-Matra will give our clan a chance to host the new build.

We currently have 1 ArmA3 server and looking at adding another as it is always full.

I have my fingers crossed :)

Jabbajaws77

Check first post for the information required to be selected to host mission

Hosting

We are now accepting more servers\communities to host our ArmA 3 Wasteland. If wish wish to host our mission, please write to ws@arma.su with following info:

- Your nickname

- Your community\squad you are in

- What servers you host already

- How many Wasteland servers you plan to host

- Your server hardware and geo location

- Preferably way to contact you through skype

Check first post for the information required to be selected to host mission

Hosting

We are now accepting more servers\communities to host our ArmA 3 Wasteland. If wish wish to host our mission, please write to ws@arma.su with following info:

- Your nickname

- Your community\squad you are in

- What servers you host already

- How many Wasteland servers you plan to host

- Your server hardware and geo location

- Preferably way to contact you through skype

Already sent this before posting :)

Thanks for the info though.

Jabbajaws77