Sign in to follow this  
samatra

[MP/Team] Sa-Matra's Wasteland

I was told that a "bug" from Arma 2 OA Wasteland is also an issue in Arma 3 Wasteland. When a new player logs on and wants to join an existing group, then that player is unable to actually receive any invite from the group leader. A workaround has been to have the group leader kick one member of the group and then send a new invite to this new player just having logged into the game, another invite would also have to be sent to that member that got kicked from the group.

Thanks for feedback. There are really problems with group menu, I'll try to address them.

I think there is another issue with groups. It seems if you have played with a group in a server previously and every one leaves without disbanding the group and then re-joins before a server restart I think this can cause issues with making groups again. As you can tell I am not curtain of the circumstances but I will take another look tonight see if I can pin it down exactly.

Another server is up, hosted in Canada:

b_560_95_1.png

Hi SaMatra, We were play again last night on the new server CA after they installed the latest update we had a AH-9 and had been using it for ages then all of a sudden the vehicle disappeared and me and my friend went flying into the sea and died. Not sure if it was a issue with the unspawn and respawn of vehicles. Does the script check if the Vehicle is occupied or not I assume it does. we were in the heli for well over an hour and a half.

Cheers,

DarkJesus

Edit: p.s Some one else we spoke to said it had happened before with a ifrit.

Edited by jamie721
More info.

Hi SaMatra, We were play again last night on the new server CA after they installed the latest update we had a AH-9 and had been using it for ages then all of a sudden the vehicle disappeared and me and my friend went flying into the sea and died. Not sure if it was a issue with the unspawn and respawn of vehicles. Does the script check if the Vehicle is occupied or not I assume it does. we were in the heli for well over an hour and a half.

Cheers,

DarkJesus

Edit: p.s Some one else we spoke to said it had happened before with a ifrit.

Hi. Got these reports yesterday, turned out to be caused by cheater, he's banned already. Also vehicle cleanup never deletes valuable vehicles like helicopters or Ifrits\Hunters and checks if vehicle has players in or nearby it.

Hi. Got these reports yesterday, turned out to be caused by cheater, he's banned already. Also vehicle cleanup never deletes valuable vehicles like helicopters or Ifrits\Hunters and checks if vehicle has players in or nearby it.

ok awesome just checking. keep up the good work I will keep u informed of any bugs.

oh my god! i played your mp mission in arma 2 for months! and i loved that, i will try to help as i can ;) do you guys stick to stable branch?

also my favourite feature from you mission back in arma 2 wat the alt gr button to show names, is this back in?

edit: Found out by myself! my god this mission is awesome! got even good fps

Edited by GottyPlays

Thank you sa-matra.

Edited by jamie721
Removed to stop derailing of forum.

Wired thing has happend dont spose its your fault but i was playing with guys last night on CA server. Left the server came online today and i have been banned from all three servers. I am very confused as i have done nothing.

PM me your UID and i'll check it.

Hey Sa-Matra, great work on this, the mission runs really well and is quite stable. I had a couple of questions though...

Are you planning on adding a general store? The clothing system of A3 adds a layer of depth to the combat in Wasteland but right now you have the problem (if you can call it that) of having to depend on the gun store to have what you need, or a certain mission to pop up. Obviously you have the underwater missions, which are quite fun and different, but you need an SDAR, wetsuit, and rebreather to complete them effectively. With the current iteration of the gun store, it may not have those items and you have to rely on other missions to acquire the gear.

I'm not aware of what the A3 engine allows in terms of this, but could base parts be made to float so that water bases would be possible/viable? Amphibious assaults would be quite a bit of fun with the boats, and diving gear, and even the submersibles that will be in beta/release.

And finally, are you planning on going the route you did with A2 and keeping the mission file private, or are you planning on releasing it so that everyone can host it/edit it? I must say that I really enjoyed editing the A2 file and putting up my own server, and I'd really hope you'd release the A3 file so that this was possible.

Cheers, Ovaltine.

Hey Sa-Matra, great work on this, the mission runs really well and is quite stable. I had a couple of questions though...

Are you planning on adding a general store? The clothing system of A3 adds a layer of depth to the combat in Wasteland but right now you have the problem (if you can call it that) of having to depend on the gun store to have what you need, or a certain mission to pop up. Obviously you have the underwater missions, which are quite fun and different, but you need an SDAR, wetsuit, and rebreather to complete them effectively. With the current iteration of the gun store, it may not have those items and you have to rely on other missions to acquire the gear.

I'm not aware of what the A3 engine allows in terms of this, but could base parts be made to float so that water bases would be possible/viable? Amphibious assaults would be quite a bit of fun with the boats, and diving gear, and even the submersibles that will be in beta/release.

And finally, are you planning on going the route you did with A2 and keeping the mission file private, or are you planning on releasing it so that everyone can host it/edit it? I must say that I really enjoyed editing the A2 file and putting up my own server, and I'd really hope you'd release the A3 file so that this was possible.

Cheers, Ovaltine.

Hi. Gun stores will sell both guns and supplies, there will be no separate store. Amount of stuff in gun store might increase though.

It is already possible to make underwater and on water base.

A3 Wasteland will be public or semi-public soon.

A3 Wasteland will be public or semi-public soon.

That's really good to hear, I look forward to it!

I played some more tonight and had another question/partial-suggestion.

Obviously Wasteland is very focused on bases, wether it be attacking them or defending them. You have this system in place where if an owner (side) of that object is nearby it can't be moved. There were quite a few situations when I played where myself and my group had attacked a base, killed quite a few people inside, but because of how the base was built, were not able to get inside because of one guy sitting where he can't be killed waiting on his buddies to come back. Can/will anything be done to fix this? I was thinking a system (my knowledge of scripting is rather limited but I think this can be done) is that if one side outnumbers the other, that side can move the parts. This keeps a small group/lone wolf from getting into a base without killing quite a few people but keeps one guy from hiding in his base and waiting on his buddies to come kill the guys outside.

That's really good to hear, I look forward to it!

I played some more tonight and had another question/partial-suggestion.

Obviously Wasteland is very focused on bases, wether it be attacking them or defending them. You have this system in place where if an owner (side) of that object is nearby it can't be moved. There were quite a few situations when I played where myself and my group had attacked a base, killed quite a few people inside, but because of how the base was built, were not able to get inside because of one guy sitting where he can't be killed waiting on his buddies to come back. Can/will anything be done to fix this? I was thinking a system (my knowledge of scripting is rather limited but I think this can be done) is that if one side outnumbers the other, that side can move the parts. This keeps a small group/lone wolf from getting into a base without killing quite a few people but keeps one guy from hiding in his base and waiting on his buddies to come kill the guys outside.

Good suggestion, I will consider implementing it.

Good suggestion, I will consider implementing it.

I had another, more practical system in mind, say when someone is trying to move your wall or structure, as soon as they start unlocking it, you get an alert or hint pop up on the top right

I had another, more practical system in mind, say when someone is trying to move your wall or structure, as soon as they start unlocking it, you get an alert or hint pop up on the top right

MMmhhh.... that would be too much IMO. Maybe an item that could be purchased (alarm) and attached to the wall?

Well, I don't think it really needs a change.

You just need some tactics, like bring an ural with a ramp inside, then put it and climb in. Or put a explosive on a wall/bunker and blow it up.

If you go for the outnumber solution, well.. there is no point in building a base or defending it. The team with more people could simple get near, move the walls and fuck with your base.

We are now accepting more servers\communities to host our ArmA 3 Wasteland. If wish wish to host our mission, please write to ws@arma.su with following info:

- Your nickname

- Your community\squad you are in

- What servers you host already

- How many Wasteland servers you plan to host

- Your server hardware and geo location

- Preferably way to contact you through skype

We would prefer to let experienced communities to host our mission so we can better cooperate in anti-cheating measures as well as generally being interested to keep their server populated and in order.

New servers:

1 US server (midnightgaming.tv):

b_560_95_1.png

2 UK servers:

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

South African servers on the way.

Edited by SaMatra

WWOOT WOOT UK SERVERS !!!!!! was on it last night ping of 15 lovely jubbly. Thank you for all your hard work Samatra.

Any issues with the UK servers e.g. if they're down. You can message me directly on here.

Enjoy :)

Any issues with the UK servers e.g. if they're down. You can message me directly on here.

Enjoy :)

Inch cheers for the hosting.

Thanks for feedback, randomly getting into groups is known problem and is actual in A2 as well. I'll try to find a fix for that.
Hi SaMatra, great work with the mission! However I just wanted to say that this group invasion happened to Penguin and myself again the other night. The guy somehow got in our group and then killed all of us. We were at a disadvantage because he had the group marker on him and in the confusion it was not obvious he was an enemy player. He then shouted in direct chat " Ha Ha! I killed your whole team!" This guy was using it as an exploit for sure.

Hi SaMatra, great work with the mission! However I just wanted to say that this group invasion happened to Penguin and myself again the other night. The guy somehow got in our group and then killed all of us. We were at a disadvantage because he had the group marker on him and in the confusion it was not obvious he was an enemy player. He then shouted in direct chat " Ha Ha! I killed your whole team!" This guy was using it as an exploit for sure.

Welcome to the fray rotekz. Have a nice day at work.