Sign in to follow this  
samatra

[MP/Team] Sa-Matra's Wasteland

SaMatra, sorry to bother you. I've been playing your mission for months, I think you remember me because we played together some times.

Maybe it is time to chose more carefully the admins that can use your mission. I just got kicked from test server #8, after I killed an admin I think..

I just logged today like I always do, ran to the airfield for a downed chopper mission, I didn't had a repair kit, so I couldn't take it. Then I saw a base in the airfield and a little bird near it. I ran into it, it was full gas so I took off, while those guys at base were shooting at me. THEY SAW ME TAKING THE CHOPPER.

I just turned away and killed 2 of them in their base, then they started calling me a hacker because the chopper had rockets and kicked me right away. Tried to log back to just explain how I got that chopper, kicked again.

If the chopper was really hacked, it is not my fault, it was 400m away from their base.. and they saw me getting close by car and even shot at me while I was getting into it. They could've listen to my side of the history instead of just kicking and not letting me play anymore.

was that on A2 or A3. Cause I do remember you taking a chopper off of the runway when I was playing A3, and it was there before I arrived. However i dont think u hacked it, someone did. If i had known it was there I would have put it in my base. IF it was A3 I was also the C4G moderator and I don't have the console.

Skyline, unfortunately there is barely any tools in A3 to counter cheaters at the moment so admins had to guess who was the real cheater and kick you, sorry for that.

Tonight JessicaAlba and Germash[RUS] had a base that the walls couldn't be breached, unlimited ammo, NPC spotters they were using to find us and Germash was in as an Admin. It's no wonder there were only two of us left on BLUFOR. What's the point of playing when all you are is fodder for cheaters?

Tonight JessicaAlba and Germash[RUS] had a base that the walls couldn't be breached, unlimited ammo, NPC spotters they were using to find us and Germash was in as an Admin. It's no wonder there were only two of us left on BLUFOR. What's the point of playing when all you are is fodder for cheaters?

Hi, I've looked into the situation and appears that they were going through debug functions and spawned civilian NPCs into their group and sent them somewhere so they could die. Definitely violation from their part, I'll do something about it.

Speaking of unbreachable walls, these canal walls are really indestructible and there is nothing can be done about it, its just how they are configured in the game (not even setDamage 1 destroys them). Unlimited ammo is probably result of items duping that is going on in ArmA 3 at the moment, nothing can be done about it, stuff dupes even when you don't want it, because of how buggy ArmA 3 Alpha inventory is.

I had a nice session tonight, joined and had around 30fps, which is the best I've had so far. Server uptime was around 4hrs and there were around 15-20 ppl when I joined, and an hour later performance dropped a bit, but was still better than before (around 20fps).

A few freezes with ppl joining, and with some side missions, but not as much as before it seems.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to land a post here, saying that Sa-matra Wasteland has been a blast for me over the past few months.

Me and a few friends play this game (mission) a lot and surely hope it will keep on receiving updates.

Recent events have made me wonder something... did anyone here already try and set up a Arma 3 Sa-matra Chernarus Wasteland server, using the All in Arma (AiA)

?

Ever since me and my friends found out about it we cant stop raving on how awesome it would be to play wasteland on the Arma 3 engine this way.

Is the mod ever going to be promoted this way? :)

Hey guys,

Just wanted to land a post here, saying that Sa-matra Wasteland has been a blast for me over the past few months.

Me and a few friends play this game (mission) a lot and surely hope it will keep on receiving updates.

Recent events have made me wonder something... did anyone here already try and set up a Arma 3 Sa-matra Chernarus Wasteland server, using the All in Arma (AiA)

?

Ever since me and my friends found out about it we cant stop raving on how awesome it would be to play wasteland on the Arma 3 engine this way.

Is the mod ever going to be promoted this way? :)

I'm not sure if there will be enough players with AiA to populate the server.

Hi Sa-Matra,

Me and a bunch of friends found the server last night and we love it! Today I did a bit of searching and learnt about 404's evil ways so I'll let the guys know about that tonight.

I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread, but it must be a well known problem because every one of the guys I was playing with last night had the same problem: Approximately every 5-10 minutes the frame rate drops to about 1 frame a second for about 5 seconds, and then resumes as normal.

It's worth mentioning that normal is a smooth 30-40 fps whereas on every other ARMA3 multiplayer mission I have been on, the frame rate has been an only just playable 15-25.

Thanks for the hard work!

Hi Sa-Matra,

Me and a bunch of friends found the server last night and we love it! Today I did a bit of searching and learnt about 404's evil ways so I'll let the guys know about that tonight.

I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread, but it must be a well known problem because every one of the guys I was playing with last night had the same problem: Approximately every 5-10 minutes the frame rate drops to about 1 frame a second for about 5 seconds, and then resumes as normal.

It's worth mentioning that normal is a smooth 30-40 fps whereas on every other ARMA3 multiplayer mission I have been on, the frame rate has been an only just playable 15-25.

Thanks for the hard work!

Thanks for feedback. Freezes seem to have started after 0.58 public patch, might not be related to mission itself causing freezes (but maybe something triggers some kind of bug that causes freezes) we are looking into the problem.

I'm not sure if there will be enough players with AiA to populate the server.

Hi there, :-)

Well maybe i am looking at things too narrowminded but what would you suggest as the best Wasteland alternative for playing Wasteland on Arma 3 then? ( I mean...lets face it...Stratis is a joke....even more so compared to Chernarus)

I would guess that with AiA mod, playing Chernarus wasteland (which is still very popular) will be very accessible to Arma players. Are there better ways?

Hi there, :-)

Well maybe i am looking at things too narrowminded but what would you suggest as the best Wasteland alternative for playing Wasteland on Arma 3 then? ( I mean...lets face it...Stratis is a joke....even more so compared to Chernarus)

Play Chernarus, wait for Altis, if you don't like Stratis that much.

I am one of the friends of OminousPenguin and I have to say we came in again last night and I'm pretty sure this is best time I have had on arma 3 in such a long time. Standard wasteland from 404 and Joschap have become very stail and there's not a lot going on. The improvements you have made to the straits map alone are awesome. The new gui is a breath of fresh air, building looting brings a nice change and gives a point to going places that are not the gun store. high level scopes being difficult to come by is one of the best changes you have made improves fights brings them to a much more person level rather then some one just snipping me in the back while I try and go some were. Love the new building items found some cool looking bunker that would be awesome to build with also I like the addition of items that you can actually use as cover and shoot over the top / through.

The only difficulty is getting in the server as it so popular now we have 6 regular players so you can see how it is difficult to get in the server when there is normally only 3 slots remaining. I don't suppose you have more resources to get a second server up for stable arma 3.

All in all you have done an awesome job with this. its a real shame that there are people prepared to steal your logic and claim it as there own. They obviously missed the meaning of plagiarism thinking that changing a few strings and possibly some variable names counts as them owning the intellectual property of the logic.

Keep up the good work!!

P.S. The work you are doing here is as on par with the stratis RP Ultimate developed by zoolloo75. I think these are both the most promising mods and have both been restarted and created from the ground up. a lot of people could learn from you guys. A* all aspects.

I am one of the friends of OminousPenguin and I have to say we came in again last night and I'm pretty sure this is best time I have had on arma 3 in such a long time. Standard wasteland from 404 and Joschap have become very stail and there's not a lot going on. The improvements you have made to the straits map alone are awesome. The new gui is a breath of fresh air, building looting brings a nice change and gives a point to going places that are not the gun store. high level scopes being difficult to come by is one of the best changes you have made improves fights brings them to a much more person level rather then some one just snipping me in the back while I try and go some were. Love the new building items found some cool looking bunker that would be awesome to build with also I like the addition of items that you can actually use as cover and shoot over the top / through.

The only difficulty is getting in the server as it so popular now we have 6 regular players so you can see how it is difficult to get in the server when there is normally only 3 slots remaining. I don't suppose you have more resources to get a second server up for stable arma 3.

All in all you have done an awesome job with this. its a real shame that there are people prepared to steal your logic and claim it as there own. They obviously missed the meaning of plagiarism thinking that changing a few strings and possibly some variable names counts as them owning the intellectual property of the logic.

Keep up the good work!!

P.S. The work you are doing here is as on par with the stratis RP Ultimate developed by zoolloo75. I think these are both the most promising mods and have both been restarted and created from the ground up. a lot of people could learn from you guys. A* all aspects.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. We are about to open new US server in next few days and then another new server in week or so.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. We are about to open new US server in next few days and then another new server in week or so.

Any chance in a uk server ?

:D

Any chance in a uk server ?

:D

Very likely.

And here goes the new US server:

b_560_95_1.png

Edit: Apparently, simply closing the game helps clearing up the abrupt fps drop, until it happens again. No computer restart is required apparently.

I played on Wasteland today (Test 15 it says) and learned something new about my off fps issue. So my issue when playing for some time is that fps drops to about 10, and this seem linked to cursor/cam movement, but when I did a computer restart fps was back to normal. I tried first to exit the game and log back on but that did not help, but apparently a computer restart did. I have no idea what is going on.

I do have an overclocked cpu but I can't imagine that causing an issue, as the overclock is trivial (4.6GHz) with an acceptable heat level for my four cpu cores.

I will downclock and see if the same issue happens, so that I can keep my overclock with good conscience. :)

Edit: I still get this odd FPS issue with little or no overclock on both my CPU and GPU. I noticed that fps would drop from 60'ish to 10'ish after some time of gameplay and that pressing 'alt' key and moving the mouse would have the fps plummet. I am now trying to play with the quality presets, to see if I get the fps issue when playing on lower quality presets.

Edited by Treehugger

Lately the default boxes in stores seem to disappear for some reason. Could be blown away by explosions?

Damn, I get a crash to desktop when the game starts to load the mission (after the lobby and class selection), yesterday it worked fine, any suggestions? Already let steam verify the game files.

I would really appreciate some help, I just love your work SaMatra! :)

Check if you have the -nointro command line option somewhere (it can be in steam, there's a field for that, or in the windows shortcut).

Check if you have the -nointro command line option somewhere (it can be in steam, there's a field for that, or in the windows shortcut).

Works like a charm now, thank you! :)

Today some random player got into our group uninvited.

We were independent. In the group were myself and one other player (Rotekz). Rotekz was group leader. He was killed and then another player (Codename) became a member of our group. It wasn't until he killed me that I realised what had happened.

I asked him how he got in our group and he said 'I don't know'.

Today some random player got into our group uninvited.

We were independent. In the group were myself and one other player (Rotekz). Rotekz was group leader. He was killed and then another player (Codename) became a member of our group. It wasn't until he killed me that I realised what had happened.

I asked him how he got in our group and he said 'I don't know'.

Thanks for feedback, randomly getting into groups is known problem and is actual in A2 as well. I'll try to find a fix for that.

Is the invisible fire (random damage near wrecks) an A3 or wasteland bug?

Is the invisible fire (random damage near wrecks) an A3 or wasteland bug?

Its a long going ArmA bug, happens in ArmA 2 as well.

I was told that a "bug" from Arma 2 OA Wasteland is also an issue in Arma 3 Wasteland. When a new player logs on and wants to join an existing group, then that player is unable to actually receive any invite from the group leader. A workaround has been to have the group leader kick one member of the group and then send a new invite to this new player just having logged into the game, another invite would also have to be sent to that member that got kicked from the group.