Sign in to follow this  
samatra

[MP/Team] Sa-Matra's Wasteland

The ability to sell the items in vehicles needs some more restrictions. Right now when the server resets its a mad rush to tow 5 vehicles in a congo line to the gun shop, sell the stuff in them, get geared to the nines and leave. It turns the gun shop into a used car lot.

1) Enforce a towing limit of 1 vehicle.

2) Decrease the radius of vehicles that are available to sell from.

3) Only allow someone to sell from a vehicle they have locked.

4) Increase the time it takes to sell from vehicles.

5) Despawn empty vehicles at the gun shop as part of the server cleanup

Thanks for feedback, i'll try to balance the gun store.

While you are at it, can you expand the zone of interaction with the store? Right now it takes a bit of fiddling to get close enough AND look straight at the guy in order to get the actions.

I have a suggestion.

The radius to pick up things such as Fuel Cans, Repair Kits, Food, Water.. is to big IMO. Sometimes I can just use the mouse wheel then run outside a building and be able to pick things that are inside, without even looking for it. Also, I can pick things that are in the 2nd floor sometimes.

Been playing for a bit and have the following comments to add:

1)Tow limit shouldnt be reduced to 1 that would make collecting materials too difficult. Increase the time between allowed sales from vehicles. Maybe 5 mins?

2) Agreed with Skyline, items pickup ranges need to be lowered to within a few steps of the item.

3) Increase range of interaction in the gunstore as it took me a good min to get the sweet-spot

will keep a look out for more bugs and things. Keep up the good work Samatra! I wont play any wasteland other than your's!

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:49 ----------

Is there a plan to add building materials for underwater bases when they are added into Arma 3?

I agree with the towing restriction idea, building a base shouldn't be something that 1 player can do in 1 hour. Plus, with the way it is done it looks silly as well (rigid train vs. towing for real)

I agree with the towing restriction idea, building a base shouldn't be something that 1 player can do in 1 hour. Plus, with the way it is done it looks silly as well (rigid train vs. towing for real)

Considering servers restart every 8 hours (at least in arma 2) you need to be able to build a base pretty quickly to make it worthwhile.

Wonderful Work. Keep it up, I'm very interested in hosting this in the UK.

Rgds,

Inch

Considering servers restart every 8 hours (at least in arma 2) you need to be able to build a base pretty quickly to make it worthwhile.

True, but joining up with others should take the time down quite a bit.

Indeed, but it should take more than an hour to build a base otherwise the time you have left to use it makes it not worthwhile. If it takes 3 hours to build a base, considering most people wont play for more than 3 hours at a time, it becomes pointless to build bases.

Hmmmm.... perhaps when new vehicles are available, we can have a truck that can haul more stuff?

I understand the problem with building bases/time, but the "trains" are really ugly :(

Hey guys, updated the server, missions are not should be fixed-fixed (damned serverTime bug that still isn't fixed from A2), rebalanced gun store prices a bit, lowered pickup radius. About gun store, you just need to aim at seller himself and menus will appear in mousewheel menu.

have you tried making the gunstore AI lean over the counter?, arma2 had a move for that i think?

might be a better look for the gs :)

I've been walking around in the server yesterday, nice job on the dialog windows :)

So the word on the street is that Arma 3 beta is coming next week? SaMatra What is your plan for updating Wasteland to the hopefully arriving new map? Kstati, ya neznal 4to ti Ruski!

I think it would be a nice touch if the gunstore had more crates inside, crates that would imply that the weapons sold to the player is in fact to be found from in the gunstore. There should not have to be an issue with the player not finding the box to pick up his purchased stuff if the other crates were textured differently. The ammo trucks in Arma 2 w. wasteland is an example of how such crates are modeled into the environment.

SaMatra, sorry to bother you. I've been playing your mission for months, I think you remember me because we played together some times.

Maybe it is time to chose more carefully the admins that can use your mission. I just got kicked from test server #8, after I killed an admin I think..

I just logged today like I always do, ran to the airfield for a downed chopper mission, I didn't had a repair kit, so I couldn't take it. Then I saw a base in the airfield and a little bird near it. I ran into it, it was full gas so I took off, while those guys at base were shooting at me. THEY SAW ME TAKING THE CHOPPER.

I just turned away and killed 2 of them in their base, then they started calling me a hacker because the chopper had rockets and kicked me right away. Tried to log back to just explain how I got that chopper, kicked again.

If the chopper was really hacked, it is not my fault, it was 400m away from their base.. and they saw me getting close by car and even shot at me while I was getting into it. They could've listen to my side of the history instead of just kicking and not letting me play anymore.

SaMatra, sorry to bother you. I've been playing your mission for months, I think you remember me because we played together some times.

Maybe it is time to chose more carefully the admins that can use your mission. I just got kicked from test server #8, after I killed an admin I think..

I just logged today like I always do, ran to the airfield for a downed chopper mission, I didn't had a repair kit, so I couldn't take it. Then I saw a base in the airfield and a little bird near it. I ran into it, it was full gas so I took off, while those guys at base were shooting at me. THEY SAW ME TAKING THE CHOPPER.

I just turned away and killed 2 of them in their base, then they started calling me a hacker because the chopper had rockets and kicked me right away. Tried to log back to just explain how I got that chopper, kicked again.

If the chopper was really hacked, it is not my fault, it was 400m away from their base.. and they saw me getting close by car and even shot at me while I was getting into it. They could've listen to my side of the history instead of just kicking and not letting me play anymore.

Do you recall which C4G members were online at the time? Also was this kick today, if so what time?

I got kicked as well, soon after killing JessicaAlba.

Ahh I know JessicaAlba.

Yes the servers need better admins not little prick children. On Arma 2 Wasteland the EvilPutz servers were the best IMO. The Admins were friendly and helpful. I plan on hosting my own server when the full maps for Arma 3 come out.

Do you recall which C4G members were online at the time? Also was this kick today, if so what time?

I never had problem with C4G people, and I play Waste on ArmA 2 alot. But yesterday I felt really sad, because I'm trying to give feedback and make this mission better.

I recall that JessicaAlba was on, also there was a guy called SteveO, but he said that he saw me comming for the chopper by car. There was one more C4G that I can't remember the name.

Edited by Skyline

I never had problem with C4G people, and I play Waste on ArmA 2 alot. But yesterday I felt really sad, because I'm trying to give feedback and make this mission better.

I recall that JessicaAlba was on, also there was a guy called SteveO, but he said that he saw me comming for the chopper by car. There was one more C4G that I can't remember the name.

JessicaAlba and SteveO are not members or C4G. :/

I don't think he meant to imply that they were - probably the meaning was: "There was one more, a guy from C4G...."

JessicaAlba and SteveO are not members or C4G. :/

I didn't say they were, sorry if it sounded like I did. I don't know who kicked/banned me, I don't know if it was the guy from C4G. All I know is that there was a guy from C4G calling me a hacker, and he was playing together with JessicaAlba and SteveO as OPfor.

I looked at people online at test server now, and if I'm not mistaken the C4G guy is called BillyBob 444.

Edited by Skyline

In regards to this matter, No C4G Admins were on that server at that time. This is being looked into with fully. The Admin who took this action will be dealt with accordingly. I am sorry for this to happen to you and apologize on behalf of C4G.

In regards to this matter, No C4G Admins were on that server at that time. This is being looked into with fully. The Admin who took this action will be dealt with accordingly. I am sorry for this to happen to you and apologize on behalf of C4G.

Thank you. I've playing together with you guys from a long time, I know that you are a serious community. Also, I was not the only one complaining about people like JessicaAlba.

Let's forget it and help Sa Matra with feedback. While I was kicked I tried 404 Wasteland and.. Sa Matra is like years ahead. They can't make a fuel can work, I asked what's was the problem with the fuel can not refueling, an Admin said that it was an Arma 3 bug, because of Alpha. I said "well, they work on Sa Matra version", he didn't even answer anymore.

But, I also played on a different mission, I don't remember the name. They had an interesting feature, teams could capture some territories and then earn money from it. Maybe that would be a good thing to implement, maybe a mission like "capture the town" the team that could secure the town for some minutes would win money...

But, I also played on a different mission, I don't remember the name. They had an interesting feature, teams could capture some territories and then earn money from it. Maybe that would be a good thing to implement, maybe a mission like "capture the town" the team that could secure the town for some minutes would win money...

Thats my server :) Its adds a little TvT aspect to wasteland.

Still anxiously awaiting public release so we can start hosting this.