On 20.11.2017 at 4:49 PM, HaseDesTodes said:

@lex__1

i had noticed in the past, that (AI) squad commands don'T fade out properly.

so i was able to hear AI at 2.5km distance (sound fully turned up)

i did report it, but as usual BIS didn't really care to answer https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124627

i linked a video i made in the report, and i can hear the AI voice commands very quietly, if i turn my volume to the max. especailly between 0-15 sec, idk. why i made that video so long.

i don't really know if that's the way you can hear it, but i think it might be related.

Yes it too that I hear. I hope that it will be corrected.

The irritating crash in a sound by cars

Hello Guys,

I've opened a thread already but I'd like to post it here again.

I haven't really checked the forums yet but I kinda wanted to make this bug report as its one of the most annoying things left in a overall really great game status!

Its about the tanks or other vehicles turret sounds or rather the function/trigger. While the tanks turrets are not moving, everything seems fine. As soon as the turret starts turning and making a sound, a crack can be heard. In every situation, in every vehicle! No matter if a new sound file is placed or if its the vanilla sound, the crack is reproducible every time!

LJ

Stable/profiling branch: Rook-40 is silent to other players (except the shooter) in MP, on a dedicated server. No gunshot, bullet crack.

P9BR1ii.jpg 

When the guy was on the other side of the fence, the sound from his MX was heavily muffled. Camera was roughly where it was at the time of the screenshot.

Could a dev please take a look at the thunder_01.wss and thunder_02.wss sound samples? They seem to be too loud.

Here's a video.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, R3vo said:

Could a dev please take a look at the thunder_01.wss and thunder_02.wss sound samples? They seem to be too loud.

Here's a video.

Thunders must be loud, i remember when it was way to quiet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vasily.B said:

Thunders must be loud, i remember when it was way to quiet.

That might be true, but for me sample 1 & 2 produce artifacts.

• Like 1

Hi devs

Are there any plans to modify the Planes RPM factor settings to a more usable scaler?

At present its 0.0 - 1.0. Its not really a useable option to fade from low rpm to high rpm samples as both will play at the same time, ultimately the rpm for Planes is either off or on.

Cheers

Is it just me or are the new tank engine sounds too quiet? Crushing a tree is 10 times louder.

• Like 2

Engines inside the tank in the dev should be increased, can barely hear that good ol' diesel growl in the leopard, even the sound of the wind is louder for some reason. 

Another thing that I personally don't like is how the RPG's sound. They sound more wooosh instead of that good ol "Poof" sound that they make irl, it lacks punch. just my opinion, do with it what you want. 

• Like 3

I have always thought Arma had odd sounds.. being in the military 7 years and been deployed, I lose my immersion when I hear the sounds in arma.. I know A2 just used generic sounds but Arma3 shouldn't be. It takes me out of my immersion. I started playing SQUAD.... They have hit the nail on the head! For instance, an RPG rocket shouldn't sound like a cannon lmao it literally sounds like a big bottle rocket! The dev at SQUAD doing the sounds is really knowledgeable on firearms.. he is getting real recordings of the weapons in game. It is completely insane how realistic it is. Gives you chills. I LOVE Arma.... but the sound department is pretty weak. Other than that, the game is great. I literally have been playing squad just because of the sounds they use for their weapons. lol

@SgtMirkyWater It's not very long ago, that the sound dept in ArmA3 received a major overhaul. It is nothing like ArmA2.

That said, I also own squad and agree that they are probably the benchmark when it comes to combat audio.

I have also served for 10 years, but I lack the privelege of experiencing what an incoming RPG-7 sounds like.

I find ArmA 3 generally sounds quite good, but the bullet cracks are too boring (no variation) and the explosions don't sound powerful/violent enough to me. Standing next to a 30mm chaingun firing IRL sent chills down my spine. It is amazing how loud it actually is.

Anyhow. There are many talented modders that make good sound replacements. Their possibilities were also increased with the audio overhaul, so.. Try out JSRS for instance. I recommend that!

• Like 2

On 2/25/2018 at 5:00 PM, Strike_NOR said:

@SgtMirkyWater

Anyhow. There are many talented modders that make good sound replacements. Their possibilities were also increased with the audio overhaul, so.. Try out JSRS for instance. I recommend that!

Combine Jsrs with laxemanns enhance soundscape... Pow.

• Like 1

Just tried out the new AT weapons and here's my two cents. 

Carl gustav (Maaws) sounds like firing a starter pistol and doesn't have the punch that the real one does. Instead of the current "Peow" it should sound more like gadoosh, video for reference (First shot is a 20mm practice round the rest are full 84mm)

Vorona: I like the sound of the vorona, it packs a punch and actually makes it feel like you're firing something.

Spg 9 however doesn't make a sound at all but should make something similar to the gustav since its also a recoiless rifle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lonewolf96 said:

Carl gustav (Maaws) sounds like firing a starter pistol and doesn't have the punch that the real one does. Instead of the current "Peow" it should sound more like gadoosh, video for reference (First shot is a 20mm practice round the rest are full 84mm)

Having stood 3 meters from the real thing in real life, I can vouch for that. It really sounds like a cannon when firing, with a very deep shock/boom that can be heard/felt for several 100 meters away. 

On a side note, the training round we used had 7.62x51mm tracer :), didn't sound as meaty as the 20mm :p  But yeah, it is seriously under-represented in game now and sounds nothing like the real deal :) Sounds like a grenade launcher at the moment.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

Having stood 3 meters from the real thing in real life, I can vouch for that. It really sounds like a cannon when firing, with a very deep shock/boom that can be heard/felt for several 100 meters away. 

Agreed, the MAAWS sounds too weak. I remember feeling the pressure of the backblast even at 200 meters behind the shooter, and when I was assigned loader duty, I usually had my mouth full of dirt because the thing has a horrendous backblast. When you are shooting yourself it's not quite as bad, but everyone around it had to wear ear protectors or be administered to the hospital.

• Like 1

The Nyx engine idle sound sounds as if the engine is running at 2k rpm - a lower rpm idle sound would be more appropriate for the diesel.

In addition to the MAAWS sounds, the SPG-9 sounds on the off-road and 4WD seem missing/broken. It's completely silent when fired. Someone reported this on the feedback tracker https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127866 . Wulf closed the ticket saying 

It is as designed. There should be no sound.

The person who made the ticket provided this as the evidence that this should definitely not be the case: 

Those things are very loud. Either Wulf knows something we don't, or there's been some miscommunication. Here's a video demonstrating the current situation, compared to a CUP SPG-9 (which should also be a BI asset + sound). Turn the volume down, the CUP SPG9 is loud.

• Like 1

That cup SPG9 sound is great, same sound could really be used for the good ol' carl gustaf, a really powerful nice sound. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lonewolf96 said:

That cup SPG9 sound is great, same sound could really be used for the good ol' carl gustaf, a really powerful nice sound. 

The CUP SPG9 sound is in fact a sound that was created for the M3 / Carl Gustav

• Like 1

On 10.3.2018 at 2:55 AM, blackpixxel said:

The CUP SPG9 sound is in fact a sound that was created for the M3 / Carl Gustav

Isn't this the same sound you use for the Carl Gustav in you launcher mod?

Anyone else notice that the T-100 has an extremely quite engine for being a turbine? I can hear the birds chirping and trees creaking over it. 

I don't know anything about how an SPG-9 sounds like, but the very moment I tried the offroad launcher, I thought it is broken. If this really is by design, then it is a weird design, imo.