Anyone know where I could get the sound cfg stuff necessarily to apply that speed of sound filter or whatever to my F35? I'd like to give it a shot and see what it sounds like 

• Like 1

look at the config of the wipeout with the ingame configviewer

Anyone else getting stuttering audio inside buildings? Been having this for a while now... I suspect something in the sound shader system might be bugged.

Edit: Issue also present in release candidate. More details, including video here:

Is it just me or is the new Wipeout's sound too quiet?

1 hour ago, R3vo said:

Is it just me or is the new Wipeout's sound too quiet?

Internal or external? I don't feel like the external one is quiet. Haven't tried internal yet, but in my opinion it wouldn't be bad if it was a bit quiet so one can communicate over VON properly. Loud internal sounds are mostly just annoying anyway.

Here's a video with two flybys. First Buzzard with it's old sound and then Wipeout with new sound. The latter is certainly louder and the sound lingers for much longer. The Buzzard really demonstrates here how pathetic the jets sounded before.

Edit:

And a formation of Wipeouts over Tanoa. Can't get enough of that sound!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Brisse said:

Here's a video with two flybys. First Buzzard with it's old sound and then Wipeout with new sound. The latter is certainly louder and the sound lingers for much longer. The Buzzard really demonstrates here how pathetic the jets sounded before.

Wow. That is very believable!!! Just amazing. I hope that sound is loud. A jet can often be heard from 20-30.000 feet :) Imagine having a high speed bombrun where just as you are starting to hear the sound of the jet, a GBU comes crashing down!

On 2/4/2017 at 2:10 PM, Imperator[TFD] said:

So here's a video from my perspective of the new Wipeout sound.  Terrain does play a blocking sound as does any object however it can sound a little weird at times especially if you're in the jungles or woods.  It's like the step down is too sudden/instant when there is a blocker.

I didn't make a video of the new MX sounds but I do like them.

Whoooooaaaaaaaaa  :wow_o: . I have probably heard over 10.000 takeoffs in my career and this video gave me a serious chill. I really wanted this for ARMA.

BI if you are listening.... Wow. Just wow! (Listens to wipeout flyby's over and over).

Oh,and don't be afraid to experience with loudness. Real jets make a LOT of noise, especially at typical ARMA 3 altitudes. They can easily deafen the battlefield if they are flying close with high power settings.

Hey BI, now that we're getting lovely new sounds related to aircraft, any chance of having a sound effect added to the laser guided/free fall bombs?  Pretty please?

Example A (IRL video of JDAM/GBU hitting a target, you can hear the bomb as it's falling)

Example B (Arma 3 dev branch with a Wipeout dropping a GBU-12 on a target 100m away.

Edited by Imperator[TFD]
Manners
  • Like 6

53 minutes ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Example B (Arma 3 dev branch with a Wipeout dropping a GBU-12 on a target 100m away.

This "Example B" also shows another issue I wanted to bring up. The sound of shattering glass is audible from very far away, and should probably be attenuated more over long distances. I'm okay with it being audible over short distances though, but the attenuation needs tweaking.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

any chance of having a sound effect added to the laser guided/free fall bombs?  Pretty please?

+1 

I would really like to see sounds for missiles too.. Currently the launcher makes a firing sound that simply does not carry over to the rocket motor of the missile after launch. It would be nice to hear a wooosh from the rocket/missile while the engine is burning. An RPG-style rocket that only uses a sustainer would also be nice to have a sound from, like a whizz or subtler swoosh sound.

It would allow for that "oh sh...." moment :P

You can listen here too, before impact.. Eeerie sound :) 

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Strike_NOR said:

I would really like to see sounds for missiles too.. Currently the launcher makes a firing sound that simply does not carry over to the rocket motor of the missile after launch. It would be nice to hear a wooosh from the rocket/missile while the engine is burning. An RPG-style rocket that only uses a sustainer would also be nice to have a sound from, like a whizz or subtler swoosh sound.

+1+1+1

Rocket sounds are baked into the launcher sound and this is painfully obvious for anything from RPG-7 to large vehicle launched missiles. Would be awesome if they were separate and the missile actually had a sound of it's own. Actually, make that two sounds. One for when the rocket is ignited and one for when the missile is just gliding.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Brisse said:

+1+1+1

Rocket sounds are baked into the launcher sound and this is painfully obvious for anything from RPG-7 to large vehicle launched missiles. Would be awesome if they were separate and the missile actually had a sound of it's own. Actually, make that two sounds. One for when the rocket is ignited and one for when the missile is just gliding.

Are you certain?

I swear that I heard an RPG shoot over my head this week

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, domokun said:

Are you certain?

I can't say for certain that rockets lack any sound but it was my impression that they do. Also, I'm very certain that there's rocket sound baked into the launching sample, which is not correct in my opinion. For example, an RPG-7 should just make a loud bang when you pull the trigger. There's an explosive charge that sends the rocket out of the launcher, but the rocket doesn't ignite until later, when the projectile has travelled about 11 meters from the launcher.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisse said:

I can't say for certain that rockets lack any sound but it was my impression that they do. Also, I'm very certain that there's rocket sound baked into the launching sample, which is not correct in my opinion. For example, an RPG-7 should just make a loud bang when you pull the trigger. There's an explosive charge that sends the rocket out of the launcher, but the rocket doesn't ignite until later, when the projectile has travelled about 11 meters from the launcher.

Yeah, either sound is missing or way too quiet. I made a mission where you activate an autonomous drone strike. I envisioned my inf. guy observing screaming missiles obliterating the hard targets, but I only hear the explosions. I don't know what you would hear in RL, but in the game it feels like kind of a let down.

• Like 1

Rockets have no sound other than when fired. I miss the sound of rockets like TOW incoming, they had it in Arma 2. I wouldn't mind having it back in Arma 3 as long as it does effect performance. I miss yelling at my teammates when there's a rocket incoming and you could feel everyone bracing for impact.

Not only that but artillery and mortars need work aswell. Sounds improved as well as moved the trigger time closer to round impact so there's no awkward silence before the explosion.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, domokun said:

Are you certain?

RHS Escalation has some RPG rocket sounds that makes them whiizzzzz :)

But they are still missing from missiles :)

• Like 3

You''re right and they are great, especially when they miss and you are the target. It gives one a sense of urgency in getting the hell out of there.

In relation to audio tweaking, I think it would be a good idea to just kill the engine sounds of jets when they have slammed into the ground and exploded into a ball of flame rather than the current situation where the engines (in the burning wreck) can be heard spooling down.

I can understand this behaviour in helicopters as I watched video of them crashing and their engines can make terrifying sounds when they crash. 

• Like 2

On 2/2/2017 at 5:28 PM, R3vo said:

is there any chance to lower the Darter sound in turret. don't want it being undetectable via audio on the field as it is good you can hear it to destroy if it flying too low... . but even if you could just lower the audio when operator is  in turret.  the loud sound makes its near impossible to relay any information with other troops.

18 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:
On 2.2.2017 at 6:28 PM, R3vo said:

is there any chance to lower the Darter sound in turret. don't want it being undetectable via audio on the field as it is good you can hear it to destroy if it flying too low... . but even if you could just lower the audio when operator is  in turret.  the loud sound makes its near impossible to relay any information with other troops.

I have created a ticket with a similar feature request (ability to switch from the UAV/UGV turret sound to the operator ambient sound): https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123679

• Like 1

Just want to say. Thanks again to sound guys. Playing as an op4 drving an ifrit. Hearing the sky rumbling for miles.  I can only describe it as  like being stranded in the water after spotting a fin. 

On 24/3/2017 at 10:33 AM, Variable said:

Pretty bad sound bug in latest version, stable branch. Shots sound is completely blocked by objects, even small ones. Video included in the bug report.
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123992

That bug is really anoying. The arma 3 sound have been a total mess. I expect it to be solved with a hotfix.

Thanks God for JSRS mod without it I would probably stop playing the game. But the issue above with shot sounds being blocked affect even JSRS mod so hopefully this will fixed soon.

• Added: Environment sounds update to Altis and Stratis 

Some objects still don't cast any sound during the rain.

On 24/3/2017 at 11:33 AM, Variable said:

Pretty bad sound bug in latest version, stable branch. Shots sound is completely blocked by objects, even small ones. Video included in the bug report.
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123992

I can confirm and i cant believe. 

It seems to have similarities with ex 1.66 footsteps sound issue.

I raised a ticket back in the December 8, 2016 and BIS coped it in the last 1.68.

But now that!!! It seems the same mechanism. Obstacle that bad reduce some sounds!!!

What are you doing with the sound engine BIS? 

Please dont make a mess with footsteps again in resolving this with weapon's!!!

Ps I have to raise a blame on the community though. 

During RC phase i can never found only one person on the official vanilla server to verify massively the release.

Neither no one KOTH, no one EUTW, or whatsoever big MP actors involved in the RC test.  

It must to be said!!!