On 10/1/2017 at 9:27 AM, danil-ch said:

After this change you can barely hear hear sounds (metal clicks) during movement. Some balancing needed.

Yes. I agree.

Its related to this too, please look

No one seems to be interested to the disappearing of footsteps sound in some case. 

I opened a ticket too, here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121977

UPDATE: It seems to be solved from 1.67.139940

• Like 1

While testing yesterday I noticed this and since  jets dlc is in the pipeline. Upon take off or landing there is almost no feeling of the plane having any contact with the runway sound wise ( apart from the explosions ;) . What I mean is that rumbling sound of the wheel along the ground as the jet speeds down the runway.  Or the initial thud of a landing as the wheel makes contact. Look you probably have something in the works already. But just in case. Would really be a nice addition. Cheers.

• Like 5

flame-baiting and inappropriate posts removed, can we please try to keep things on topic and civil - Thanks

17 minutes ago, ss9 said:

Are mods working on sounds/muzzle flashes disappearing even from vanilla weapons when using mods?  I'm getting from AI now too, and only used to get it from human players.  Never mind not hearing weapons when someone else has the same mod as you, the vanilla weapons get screwed up too, and it doesn't seem like anyone at BIS is even bothering getting to the bottom of this, since it involves addons and it only effects a few players.  There seems to be no cause or fix for it.  Maybe a discreet sound card?  IDK.  Never was a problem in Arma 2, so clearly, it's a game problem, not an addon problem.  I mean, even the muzzle flashes disappear.

A friend and I recently experienced the same issue. We both used the DynaSounds mod and couldn't hear each others shots, even though we were using vanilla weapons.

• Tweaked: Samples and audio configuration of the Wipeout plane were updated. 

The Wipeout does not produce sound when incoming until around approx 150 meters(or less) front even at a low altitude flyby. understanding it is wip just making note in case it overlooked. 

• Like 1

On 30.01.2017 at 5:07 PM, teabagginpeople said:
  • Tweaked: Samples and audio configuration of the Wipeout plane were updated. 

The Wipeout does not produce sound when incoming until around approx 150 meters(or less) front even at a low altitude flyby. understanding it is wip just making note in case it overlooked. 

Its with the most of aircrafts, thats why i allways need to use Some soundmod to comfortable play this game.

31 minutes ago, Vasily.B said:

Its with the most of aircrafts, thats why i allways need to use Some soundmod to comfortable play this game.

I know I just mentioned wipeout as  it was the one being worked on. they added some nice rumbling in the sky when it is moving out of view. 

Edit.

Speaking of which the rumbling sound can change volumes rather sharp when jet moves behind a mountain.  sounds very unnatural.  But nice direction.

• Like 1

Hello guys,

thank you for all your valuable commets and suggestions!

We are continuously improving our audio engine and pushing it's capabilities further!
I would like to share a short list of upcoming audio features/improvements, which have been implemented and are currently under the scope:

• SoundSet technology (with all related features) can be used within vehicle configuration
  • speed of sound simulation for vehicle loops (sound controllers/vehicle position history)
  • improvements of surround_panner
  • playTrigger parameter for SoundSets
  • several new sound controllers and simple expressions functions

Proper documentation will appear on Community Wiki soon!

Currently, the only vehicle using soundSets is Wipeout, so please be patient about this, after we'll fine-tune everything, your feedback will be very welcomed!

What I'd like you to ask for is feedback on newly remixed close shot sound of MX, which is present in actual Dev.

Thank you and stay tuned!

_d

• Like 8

1 hour ago, doosh said:

What I'd like you to ask for is feedback on newly remixed close shot sound of MX, which is present in actual Dev.

They sound awesome, the MX finally sounds like it has some serious power. Well done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, R3vo said:

They sound awesome, the MX finally sounds like it has some serious power. Well done.

second this. will test more later.

Created a video showing the sound update for MX gun and Wipeout.

MX has more richer sound but the best is the Wipeout. Not tested the terrain blocking - don't know if such feature exits at all in this release.

• Like 1

Good work! Always nice to see audio getting some love.

8 hours ago, doosh said:
  • speed of sound simulation for vehicle loops (sound controllers/vehicle position history

Could this also be applied to things like destruction sound effects?

An example:

9 hours ago, Pennyworth said:

I don't understand this request. Explosions already have a sound delay. I think the wipeout sound now has doppler effect, which is not so much use for explosions, except if you or the explosions are moving in reference to each other?

19 minutes ago, joostsidy said:

I don't understand this request. Explosions already have a sound delay. I think the wipeout sound now has doppler effect, which is not so much use for explosions, except if you or the explosions are moving in reference to each other?

One look at the video he posted explains the issue.

In the video, there are two separate "sound effects" being played:

1.) The object being destroyed (windows getting smashed, rubble falling, and so on)

2.) The explosion of the explosive (the big boom) that caused the object to be destroyed

The problem is that you can hear the destruction effects instantly (which means the sound incorrectly "travels" at the speed of light) and you hear the explosion sound a bit later (which means the sound correctly travels at the speed of sound)

• Like 1

Maybe you should have watched his video mate then... :don8:

You can clearly hear the building collapsing a couple of seconds before you hear the explosion.

Anyway hyped with the new vehicle speed of sound simulation, the way you always heard the engine stop way before you can hear the crash really bugged me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eriktrak said:

MX has more richer sound but the best is the Wipeout. Not tested the terrain blocking - don't know if such feature exits at all in this release.

I have yet to try it personally in game, but judging by this video I think the closure sample on the MX is a step in the right direction, but it's a bit too loud and overpowers the firing sample too much.

The Wipeout flybys are very impressive. A big step towards making jets sound more immersive and realistic. Imagine a faster jet flying by at low level, high speed and the player not expecting it. Jump-scares confirmed :) With the old technology that simply wasn't possible to recreate in the game the way it works in the real world.

9 hours ago, Pennyworth said:

An example:

This is a bug and may or may not be related to the vehicle loop speed of sound. Anyway, I hope they fix it.

Might just be YouTube Brisse.  From what I heard in game wasn't coming across this way. But perhaps I just didn't notice was kinda enjoying wipeout too

2 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

Might just be YouTube Brisse.  From what I heard in game wasn't coming across this way.

Could be. Pre-echo artefacts seem to be noticeable in the video. YouTube always re-encode audio so there's generation loss. Often a game itself will use lossy compression, then people record gameplay encoding to lossy again and when uploading to youtube it's re-encoded a third time using lossy. That's when generation loss starts getting noticeable...

23 hours ago, eriktrak said:

That Wipeout speed of sound just gave me a serious chub. Hell yes this is good news! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

That Wipeout speed of sound just gave me a serious chub. Hell yes this is good news! 

I give you double chub (however not sure if I know what it means. :) ) - two Wipeout low level flyby:

Don't know why it sounds so good...probably the doppler effect? I would love to hear different engine sound when you are behind the airplane and the engines points at you. When first I saw such planes (on an airshow) flyby I was surprised how much different and stronger the sound.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, eriktrak said:

I would love to hear different engine sound when you are behind the airplane and the engines points at you.

Isn't it already the case? You get that distinctive high pitched whistle as soon as it passes over you

1 hour ago, eriktrak said:

Don't know why it sounds so good...probably the doppler effect? I would love to hear different engine sound when you are behind the airplane and the engines points at you. When first I saw such planes (on an airshow) flyby I was surprised how much different and stronger the sound.

The surround panner also does a lot. Previously sound was just mono coming from a single fixed point which sounded very inert. With the surround panner they managed to make it sound like it reflects from the terrain around you. Sounds a lot more spacious and realistic. This together with speed of sound and doppler equals awesomeness.

So here's a video from my perspective of the new Wipeout sound.  Terrain does play a blocking sound as does any object however it can sound a little weird at times especially if you're in the jungles or woods.  It's like the step down is too sudden/instant when there is a blocker.

I didn't make a video of the new MX sounds but I do like them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaptainObvious said:

Isn't it already the case? You get that distinctive high pitched whistle as soon as it passes over you

I think that just depends on the distance from the source of sound.