maybe because they just kind of slump or crumple to the ground?

It was in the development branch changelog that it was added but it really never appeared in the game. It's the most confusing change in the changelog :D

Its possible to have a function like 'stopSound' ? Actually we don't a have a clean method to stop a sound ..

• Like 2

Hi chaps been a long time away and very glad to see the weapons and helicopters got a good sound config treament! Well done.

Aircraft though have not had this extra treatment of more sound classes added, can more please be added development team.

*I found what i think is a broken sound class in planes, I cannot for the life of me get this to work when changing audio samples (I'm guessing its used for ground noise when in inside view)*

class scrubLandInt
        {
            sound[] = {"A3\Sounds_F\vehicles\air\noises\wheelsInt",1.0,1.0,100};
            frequency = 1;
            volume = "(scrubLand factor[0.01, 0.20])";
        };

Here is an example where you can hear pure steel tracks on concrete. At certain high speeds they can be just as loud as the engine (or even louder). As this clip demonstrates very well - you might think this is a tank with diesel engine from the sound. But it's all track noise, you hear nothing from the engine until it passes the camera. Only then do you hear the whining and hissing of the gas turbine (which in all fairness is more quiet than a diesel engine).

What you see and hear there is not a gas turbine, it's an 5 cylinder opposed-piston two stroke diesel engine, a real rare breed of engine, build into the T-64 series.

• Like 1

What you see and hear there is not a gas turbine, it's an 5 cylinder opposed-piston two stroke diesel engine, a real rare breed of engine, build into the T-64 series.

Beagle, i'm not a dummy. I can differentiate between gasturbine and diesel as a mech. engineer. I meant the abrams with the last bit...

I love the latest distant sounds and crackles... Good move into that direction.For finetuning just watch that Video... Impressive sound! Notice how it sounds when bullets passing... i would shit my pants ^^

Developers, please for 100th time, increase the loudnes over distance of vehicle explosion - it sound very sill when some tank being hit from ATGM, you can hear this hit very clear and loud over 500M, and when vehicle explode, you almost cant hear it at all.
Also Voice protocols are still BROKEN. Sometimes in sequence "Soldier, 100M, right" you can hear only "right". This is very odd, i was reporting it on old Feedback tracker, please fix it, it very hurt my ears.

• Like 1

Developers, please for 100th time, increase the loudnes over distance of vehicle explosion - it sound very sill when some tank being hit from ATGM, you can hear this hit very clear and loud over 500M, and when vehicle explode, you almost cant hear it at all.

Also Voice protocols are still BROKEN. Sometimes in sequence "Soldier, 100M, right" you can hear only "right". This is very odd, i was reporting it on old Feedback tracker, please fix it, it very hurt my ears.

Vehicle explosion short range confirmed & reported. Thanks.

About the radio protocol - if you can help me to reproduce a specific scenario I can report it and get it fixed probably. A mission where this happens "often" would help a lot since I have no idea how to "force" radio protocol messages.

• Like 5

Vehicle explosion short range confirmed & reported. Thanks.

About the radio protocol - if you can help me to reproduce a specific scenario I can report it and get it fixed probably. A mission where this happens "often" would help a lot since I have no idea how to "force" radio protocol messages.

Can't repeat it enough.

Most people that complain about stuff fail to deliver repro missions because they either:

• make things up
  • wildly exaggerate
  • use mods

Placing a few units in the editor and uploading a 6-10kb .sqm file really doesn't eat much time.

Sadly most complainers even fail to double check with vanilla A3 to see if any of the 500+ mods are causing the issues.

Cheers

• Like 4

Can't repeat it enough.

Most people that complain about stuff fail to deliver repro missions because they either:

• make things up
  • wildly exaggerate
  • use mods

Placing a few units in the editor and uploading a 6-10kb .sqm file really doesn't eat much time.

Sadly most complainers even fail to double check with vanilla A3 to see if any of the 500+ mods are causing the issues.

Cheers

I reproduce it on every mission, i even made video of it

PS look at the date.....

It happen in vehicles, on infatry, everywhere, just start random firefight with 10+ contacts, watch radio protocol.

I reproduce it on every mission, i even made video of it

PS look at the date.....

It happen in vehicles, on infatry, everywhere, just start random firefight with 10+ contacts, watch radio protocol.

You reproduce it on every mission? How? I never see repro missions coming from you, only exaggerated complaints and demands.

As I stated, without a proper repro mission it's hard to figure out what's going on.

It's too easy to manipulate a mission for video purposes to fake bugs and similar.

Your video is outdated and probably not even relevant to the current issues, also your youtube comment speaks for itself.

Upload the mission.

Cheers

• Like 1

Jezus,  play any mission from workshop OK? This mean EVERY mission. I dont record fake bugs, for god sake why i would have to do that!? Its not fixed since then and its still present!

Jezus,  play any mission from workshop OK? This mean EVERY mission. I dont record fake bugs, for god sake why i would have to do that!? Its not fixed since then and its still present!

I spent last 30 minutes trying to reproduce this on the current dev branch. In different languages, units, voice protocols. With 10 to 100 contacts. No luck.

Could point us to this "every mission"?

• Like 2

I usually don't play missions from the workshop since most of them are badly done and use inefficient scripts that mess with the game experience.

Did you ever consider that the stuff that's happening to you might come from using other peoples missions?

Did you try to recreate the issues you encounter in the editor for yourself?

No need to see my post as an insult, it wasn't.

Just be aware that this forum is about the devbranch, not about experiences with missions from steam workshop (which can be all kinds of borked).

Cheers

• Like 1

Please, create a simple mission (just you and some units doing something really easy to set up, like a simple firefight), zip the file and upload it to your dropbox / google drive and share the link here so we can download and see the issue for ourselves & forward it to the developers ASAP. Radio protocol is something that must work but I am not able to reproduce this. And I am not willing to download "any mission" from the workshop. If you want to report stuff, please report it properly. I really appreciate the effort and I don't believe you are recording non existing bugs but the time spent arguing here could have been spent creating a repro mission. Unless you're writing from work/school, like I am right now, hehe. :)

Looking forward to your mission! Thanks!

• Like 4

I'll create repro and record this bug, but not today, as i back from job lately this week.

I'll create repro and record this bug, but not today, as i back from job lately this week.

Thanks! Of course, take your time. :)
  • Like 1

Since we have different sounds for footsteps on different surfaces, would it be possible to have different sounds for when vehicles do an emergency break depending on the surface?

Since we have different sounds for footsteps on different surfaces, would it be possible to have different sounds for when vehicles do an emergency break depending on the surface?

Oooh check out revo wanting that real go karting experience. :D extrreeeemmmeee.

But yeah noice idea. Perhaps also when raining a slushy or mud slide esc sound.

• Like 1

Anyone else having problems with KBTell SIDE conversations? They work, but not correctly. If you approach a unit speaking on the SIDE channel (first campaign example, Sergeant Adams, speaking to Broadway in Drawdown 2035) their mouths fail to move and the audio is sounding as though it's far away, rather than more direct. It used to be the case that, depending on the player's proximity, the audio would sound more like it does on DIRECT. Can anyone confirm? :)

Anyone else having problems with KBTell SIDE conversations? They work, but not correctly. If you approach a unit speaking on the SIDE channel (first campaign example, Sergeant Adams, speaking to Broadway in Drawdown 2035) their mouths fail to move and the audio is sounding as though it's far away, rather than more direct. It used to be the case that, depending on the player's proximity, the audio would sound more like it does on DIRECT. Can anyone confirm? :)

There are reportings in other threads about problems in this area.

Ps. Good job on the working new +additions to sounds. sound crew ftw.