Ok sound issue with sea sounds is gone.. I removed two start-up launcher parameteres and it seems to solve the problem. The parameteres I removed was -nologs -high.

Mate your problem is not parameters, its the wrong, old version of the game. At least that's what was visible in the video. Switch to dev branch!

About Audio tweaking. I saw big feature yesterday night, and i was nicely suprised to see that - deaf and ringing bells in ears after close explosions (30mm cannon of BTR-K or BMD-2 was shooting right next to me in concrete cover) - that feature is awesome, but for me its too much hidden. When did you introduced it? I wasnt know about it till yesterday. It should be increased (the way of trigger the effect) , like grenade next to you, any near explosion. Right now, screen is washed out of colors but there is no sound effect along with that. Dont tell me about ace effects, beacuse its exaggerated very much, try vanilla - you should be much suprised as me. For now, half of Ace3 features can be deleted, as game have its own (like weapons selection for example).

megagoth1702: Have you got any intel on whether vehicle sounds will be improved in the future you are allowed to share?

Yeah ofc, I can share plans, but not whether or not they will be realized. :) Only time will tell.

-soundSet technology for vehicles -> assigning custom filters, volume curves, multiple samples (depending on distance)

-Dusa is already changing the configurations of vehicles to make the sounds better (the 4wd jeep of Tanoa for example)

-there is an idea for a totally new vehicle sound system, something in the lines of this, but as you can probably guess it will be fkn hard to code (because 3rd party stuff will not be used) and take even more time.

:)

• Like 4

Yeah ofc, I can share plans, but not whether or not they will be realized. :) Only time will tell.

-soundSet technology for vehicles -> assigning custom filters, volume curves, multiple samples (depending on distance)

-Dusa is already changing the configurations of vehicles to make the sounds better (the 4wd jeep of Tanoa for example)

-there is an idea for a totally new vehicle sound system, something in the lines of this, but as you can probably guess it will be fkn hard to code (because 3rd party stuff will not be used) and take even more time.

REV? Its pretty nice, and could be very good for modders, but after watching this video, sample stopped at any RPM sound little strange.

Sounds promising, thanks for the info. A new vehicle sound system like Rev would be a gread advancement! Hoping to see it some day!

one of my favorite improvements is the 'continued rustling' that occurs when ever anyone is running thru foliage. Thats a big change from previous maps in which you might hear 1 vegetation rustle every 30-40 seconds but never a continued audio  presence. Lets you know when someone's sneakin around the bushes -i like that

• Like 4

one of my favorite improvements is the 'continued rustling' that occurs when ever anyone is running thru foliage. Thats a big change from previous maps in which you might hear 1 vegetation rustle every 30-40 seconds but never a continued audio  presence. Lets you know when someone's sneakin around the bushes -i like that

+1000

Sound changes for arma 3 have for me been the strongest of improvements . The devs passion and hard work is shining through. The rustling saved me and thus my whole team twice already. not to mention the intensity it added.

And with the information on whats happening after and beyond apex. It's definitely exciting .

• Like 5

REV? Its pretty nice, and could be very good for modders, but after watching this video, sample stopped at any RPM sound little strange.

I'm no expert, but I guess the developers would have to configure the RPM in a way that it doesn't play it so "static"

• Like 1

Can we have the OST and the mission on un-encrypted archives ?

the rustling is a great sound immersion, the jungle environment is a totally new playground in Arma, new style of play never played before.

• Like 1

Sounds promising, thanks for the info. A new vehicle sound system like Rev would be a gread advancement! Hoping to see it some day!

Me too! If it's the same REV they used in the Mad Max game, it's going to kick-ass. :wub:

Noone said anything about "the same REV". REV will not be used in ArmA. Read carefully & choose your words wisely. Misunderstandings will happen.

What I wrote was that Dusa would like to do something like REV, which bases on granular synthesis. The technology of granular synthesis has been around for a long time. Now people have gotten ideas to use it for video games by feeding granular synths engine loops/revUp/revDown sounds. Not only REV & GTA 5 and othe games can do this, anyone can do this. It's just a whole bunch of work developing a system like this. Some info can be heard here, go to "granular pipeline" (if you want more info, listen to all vehicle points of the talk)

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1020587/The-Sound-of-Grand-Theft

Anyway. No REV for ArmA. :)

• Like 2

I'm no expert, but I guess the developers would have to configure the RPM in a way that it doesn't play it so "static"

why? If you keep the rpm the same, and driving conditions do not change, the sound will also stay constant. I remember some games where you could hear the sound change, even as everything was constant. Very bad, it sounds like something is broken.

What is the status on directional sounds for vehicles other than helicopters? And what about improved secondary vehicle sounds (terrain-wheel/track interaction, gearbox, cooling, turbo/superchargers)?

The new wind sound seems to bug out sometimes. They suddenly stop and start again.

I just noticed the chain link fences on Tanoa tinkling in the wind, which completely blew my mind. Seriously, the environmental sound immersion in A3 is being taken to a whole new level. Well done devs.

• Like 5

just because i stumbled upon it again right now - here are 3 clips where you can hear primarily the track-terrain interaction.

0.08 is track noise primarily , at 0:13 it is very prominent (the "roaring" is from individual tracklinks splashing on the soft mud). A tank driving on a fortified road at high speed also sounds similar to that. 0:23 is obvious. 0:25 also obvious, though this is concrete and only medium speed. 0:28 is on concrete again with obstacles. Sounds abit like a steel track without rubberpads, but could also just be due to the obstacles.

Here is an example where you can hear pure steel tracks on concrete. At certain high speeds they can be just as loud as the engine (or even louder). As this clip demonstrates very well - you might think this is a tank with diesel engine from the sound. But it's all track noise, you hear nothing from the engine until it passes the camera. Only then do you hear the whining and hissing of the gas turbine (which in all fairness is more quiet than a diesel engine).

• Like 3

the armed qilin lsv has some serious sound mixing issues with the minigun when being fired from first person view.

it seems a bit as if only the sound of the hydraulics and mechanical rattling are being played but not the sound of the actual "firing". in third person view each shot has that loud, aggressive bang, but in first person it is absent.

*edit*: ps: stable branch

• Like 1

the armed qilin lsv has some serious sound mixing issues with the minigun when being fired from first person view.

it seems a bit as if only the sound of the hydraulics and mechanical rattling are being played but not the sound of the actual "firing". in third person view each shot has that loud, aggressive bang, but in first person it is absent.

https://youtu.be/CZ2HSlKobCQ

? Dev branch but there was no audio update in  DEV branch yet.

it's definitely there in stable though. i verified game data and tested again and it's still there. definitely something wrong with the sound on stable. i guess it was fixed without changelog entry...

but thanky for video. good to know, that it's fixed on dev.

Got the same.

Even changing my sound card (nvidia hdmi out to receiver) from 5.1 to stereo didn't affect it.

Third person sounds as you'd expect, in 5.1 and in stereo mode it's working fine.

First person in 5.1 it seems the center is completely quiet regarding gun sounds, while the hydraulics and rattling is coming from the L and R speakers. The reloading sound is coming through the center just fine (loud as heck compared to the way too quiet gun in this case).

First person in stereo it seems that the gun sounds are there but very quiet (might be -36db from the 3rd person loudness, or more).

Cheers

• Like 1