- the lack of the sound of twigs breaking in jungle sections when passing through is almost impossible to not make noise

They should be quite a lot quieter on soft surfaces, brass hitting sand or grass should be barely audible, concrete and other hard surfaces are a different matter of course.

Yeah, needs to be tweaked. I'll forward that.

- the lack of the sound of twigs breaking in jungle sections when passing through is almost impossible to not make noise

As far as I know BI plans to have a better collision detection for plants etc. for these cases. I'll forward this and get some answers. :)

• Like 5

As far as I know BI plans to have a better collision detection for plants etc. for these cases. I'll forward this and get some answers. :)

Not only plants but also about the terrain: broken leaves/twigs, muddle puddles, etc

Good source example

I actually noticed shooting in the jungle seems kinda bland (no tails really making it feel authentic). However i have noticed more noise from bushes as i run trough the jungle.

Just wanted to tell you how awesome the Tanoa Soundtrack is, well done!

Whilst 'running' without any weapons at all, the timing of the character footstep movement sound effect becomes unnatural on all; or most surface types.  Almost hunchback of notre dame in timing  :P.  Apologies if mentioned before or on your to do list and continue your great work.  We could do with a nice 'splash' sound effect (for people like myself who have nothing better to do on a day off) for leaping off the Tanoa docks into the water. :D  

@some questions:

Assigning custom attenuation filters to vehicles will be available when soundSets are available for vehicles. This is currently in development so we have to wait. This means that for example if you have a recording of a distant vehicle you don't need a low pass filter applied on top of it. So you can will be able to define your own filter or no filter at all. 

Agressive dirt against car @ high speeds, rally style - maybe, depends on how much time they have. It's saturday yet Dusa was in the office doing Chinese voice over recordings.

Some personal stuff:

I asked Dusa to tone down the volume of rain sounds in a city, it sounds like someone is pouring buckets of water onto asphalt. What he told me is that it's al WIP and he has not even finished putting all the sounds into Tanoa. There will be new footsteps, some more wind sounds, branches moving etc. So stuff is not final at all. :)

• Like 7

@some questions:

Assigning custom attenuation filters to vehicles will be available when soundSets are available for vehicles. This is currently in development so we have to wait. This means that for example if you have a recording of a distant vehicle you don't need a low pass filter applied on top of it. So you can will be able to define your own filter or no filter at all. 

Agressive dirt against car @ high speeds, rally style - maybe, depends on how much time they have. It's saturday yet Dusa was in the office doing Chinese voice over recordings.

Some personal stuff:

I asked Dusa to tone down the volume of rain sounds in a city, it sounds like someone is pouring buckets of water onto asphalt. What he told me is that it's al WIP and he has not even finished putting all the sounds into Tanoa. There will be new footsteps, some more wind sounds, branches moving etc. So stuff is not final at all. :)

Thanks for the info, much apprechiated.

@some questions:

Some personal stuff:

1.0 like a boss, working at saturday! 1.0

Please, with Tanoa release opportunity, have a look at sound of shots into buildings. 

IMHO it is always been to loud towards the other soundstage (Altis/Stratis).

When i hear a shot from a building I always think its from the next house, where instead maybe the building is 50m away. 

Sure the echo make the sound bigger but i think a little too much way things are now.

That said, awesome work with Tanoa guys.

Just wanted to mention that the CAR-95 rifle has an excellent sound!

I'm spending much time at the moment running, exploring the Island and shooting imaginary things with this rifle in particular.

• Like 1

Please give the wooden bridges proper sound.

Always dissapoints me driving over them in Tanoa and not hearing any difference at all.

the CAR's and CMR are definitely the best sounding in the game right now. However, i heard a tank firing last night, i was roughly 150 meters away from it, and could hear a slight tail. Usually don't hear tails from vehicles, so i'm wondering if these tails, along with weapons tails, will get improved. On Tanoa, it's especially hard to heard any kind of tails for any weapon. I do think Tails need more love still.

the CAR's and CMR are definitely the best sounding in the game right now. However, i heard a tank firing last night, i was roughly 150 meters away from it, and could hear a slight tail. Usually don't hear tails from vehicles, so i'm wondering if these tails, along with weapons tails, will get improved. On Tanoa, it's especially hard to heard any kind of tails for any weapon. I do think Tails need more love still.

I am under the impression that some / a lot of sounds are still entirely missing their tails. I assume WIP?

Why its a good idea to give that little extra feedback now :)

Why its a good idea to give that little extra feedback now :)

Agreed. Have you made a ticket?

I would like to add for consideration, a change to the loudness of footsteps based on:

• Stance (Crouching is quieter)
  • Speed (walk is quieter)
  • Player/AI awareness mode (stealth mode is quieter).

I'm finding when creeping through the jungle with AI team-mates in stealth mode, there is a disconnect between the whispering of orders, and how loud our movement sounds are particularly in first person.

It comes through as a thud, thud, thud in the headphones, and seems decidedly un-stealthy.

I'm aware that the new footstep sounds, mentioned above, may change this to some extent, but that would appear to be only for Tanoa, and I believe this would need to be a game-wide issue (Altis/Stratis also).

E

• Like 8

Place myself and a AI running towards me and i hear more the footstep sounds than actually the plants collision sounds, the sound should be increased depending on the speed

I feel the new guns like the AK's just sound really off, as oppose to that nice bang you should get from the 7.62x39 and 5.54x39. Also the CMR has this weird squeaker like sound when fired,most of it is good but like middle to end of the sound it almost sounds like it's squeaking. Though the gun sounds not being that great is kinda expected, even though if I recall most of BI works on VBS one of the more popular military sims. So it's not like you guys would struggle to get access to real guns that you can record.

Jungle is good sounding, but sometimes it does feel a bit louder then it should be.

I feel the new guns like the AK's just sound really off, as oppose to that nice bang you should get from the 7.62x39 and 5.54x39. Also the CMR has this weird squeaker like sound when fired,most of it is good but like middle to end of the sound it almost sounds like it's squeaking.

Personally I like the sounds for the AKs, but yeah, the CMR is weird. The SPAR is too quiet and sounds more like an MP5 or something. It lacks the sharpness of something like the CAR-95, which I also think is pretty good.

• Like 1

For the gun sounds in general, I have the feeling that BIS tries to create very unique sounds for each weapon, but sometimes gets into territory where the guns do not sound like guns, but sound a bit like electronic staplers or drums etc. Please remember BIS, less is more, make it sound like a gun first and maybe then tweak it a bit.

• Like 3