I talked to the audio guys today, they are 120% busy with Tanoa right now (audio lead spent 13hrs in office on saturday, but the environment sounds epic) but the issue of the "sounds management" system is aknowledged and will be tackled once there is time.  :ph34r:

• Like 2

I talked to the audio guys today, they are 120% busy with Tanoa right now (audio lead spent 13hrs in office on saturday, but the environment sounds epic) but the issue of the "sounds management" system is aknowledged and will be tackled once there is time.  :ph34r:

Pfff, what about the other 11 hours that Saturday?  :angry: Work harder!!

;)

• Like 1

GOOOOD DAY ladies and gents!, i am having a Major problem with the ambient sounds after the 1.60 update, all i can hear is crickets and birds at an ungodly sound volume, its so loud i cant even hear my weapon firing, i am a scrub so not sure if it is a setting issue or a issue from the update exactly was checking to see if any of you were having the same issue.

Shadowmarine578 aka J.Short

GOOOOD DAY ladies and gents!, i am having a Major problem with the ambient sounds after the 1.60 update, all i can hear is crickets and birds at an ungodly sound volume, its so loud i cant even hear my weapon firing, i am a scrub so not sure if it is a setting issue or a issue from the update exactly was checking to see if any of you were having the same issue.

Shadowmarine578 aka J.Short

Unable to reproduce. Send a screenshot of your audio settings. Also consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.

• Like 1

ok so here is a video of my problem https://youtu.be/b-t0VzoxCwc

Could not watch the whole 7min video but like in the post above - make sure the issue is there with vanilla arma3 on vanilla terrains. Sometimes errors sneak into mod's configurations.

ok so here is a video of my problem https://youtu.be/b-t0VzoxCwc

According to your video you are using modifications.

Please deactivate all kind of mods and try to repdroduce the issue again.

Maybe some of the mods are causing these extremely loud noises.

WOW i am so dumb, thank you guys so much for pointing out the problem for me! gonna haft to contact the mod creator to fix the issue.

@dwarden, for what it's worth, I can not reproduce that audio bug in that previous video I posted on the current builds.  Nice!

@dwarden, for what it's worth, I can not reproduce that audio bug in that previous video I posted on the current builds.  Nice!

thanks for letting us know, !next bug ;)

I adore sounds in forest.You guys slaved away and it shows.You got my admiration!

Just wanted to thank you for your hard work, it definitely payed off. Walking through the forest during rain and a thunderstorm conveys an incredible atmosphere. Not to mention that I expect a gorilla to attack me any minute.

Not sure if this kosha in here or not but the thunder and rain sounds on trees are amazing... Youtube compresses the audio a bit, it's much crisper and has nicer bass in game but still... (advise headphones).

Can we re-release Arma 3 to be X-Rated? Because i just turned the Overcast to full while in the forest, and i think i just had an eargasm. Is that what happens when your ears tingle uncontrollably when hearing something amazing? This is getting a little too sexy.

• Like 2

Omfg that thunder is turning me right on!! Thankyou, unknown BI hero! 

I love the rain-on-the-roof sounds. I hope this gets expanded to ground vehicles and Altis buildings as well

1. Arma audio has not been getting proper attention for too long, then Dusa came.

2. The QUALITY of the work on Tanoa's environment sounds is a taste of what can be done if good audio guys are given time and programmers. 

3. Movement through bush and rain on stuff sounds were recorded by raiding all plants in BI's studio in Mnisek, putting them into the studio and floodng the place. Crazy. They could not record rain outside because of birds so they recorded everything inside. The rain you hear in Tanoa (at least big parts of it) is not real. :D Hahaha.

Bushes, trees and roofs (maybe other surfaces too) emit their own rain-droplet sounds. It was a huge work to make that possible so although some parts of arma3 sound bad it's just because they did not have the time to look at it in the way they looked at Tanoa's environment. :)

So yeah. Praise, praise, praise. 

• Like 6

Can we expect positione ambiend sounds for Altis/Stratis? There is almost no sounds, or they are too quiet now.

• Like 1

Can we expect positione ambiend sounds for Altis/Stratis? There is almost no sounds, or they are too quiet now.

We may see them, but i expect the devs are busy working on Apex ;)

Gee, i hope so. It'll finally bring an end to the endless Cicada howling in the middle of open area's, and would make room for more ambient sounds, and an all around full feel of immersion. 

Are the interior shooting sounds still WIP? They have a strange metallic reverb that for whatever reason really grates on my nerves. Other that this one issue I really love the audio improvements. The game has come a long way and Tanoa sounds awesome!