I wonder what is "Narrow Tree 3D Sound Processing Type"? Is it something that lowers calculating powers needed for processing a 3D sound data?

Did anyone notice the shell casing sound? Some like an echo or multiple shell casing bouncing its more noted on the MAR-10.

Did anyone notice the shell casing sound? Some like an echo or multiple shell casing bouncing its more noted on the MAR-10.

Same with the blufor pistol too

When will you make the thunder bolt sound better? Are you waiting for summer to record thunderstorm? :D

- It doesn't make you jump scare

- Sound distance is short and it doesn't differ from sharp to rumbling depending on how far the bolt was

- The sound moves with the head so the sound is very outdated

The sound wasn't really too good in Arma 2 either but it made me jump most of the time, even when I had seen it. That's how bad the Arma 3 one is currently.

When will you make the thunder bolt sound better? Are you waiting for summer to record thunderstorm? :D

- It doesn't make you jump scare

- Sound distance is short and it doesn't differ from sharp to rumbling depending on how far the bolt was

- The sound moves with the head so the sound is very outdated

The sound wasn't really too good in Arma 2 either but it made me jump most of the time, even when I had seen it. That's how bad the Arma 3 one is currently.

I believe at one point the Real Sound guy was working on weather effects. They sounded absolutely stunning and realistic, of course. BI should take some inspiration from that guy when it comes to the environment, probably the best I've seen when it comes to realistic sounds.

Yes, thunder is messed up since....äh.....2001. Its obvious that real thunder sounds complete different. But hey, lets make a bug report with thousands of details..

Added: New sound 3D processor types  

More details would be nice.

Sounds of shots fired from inside a building (house...) seems to be broadcast too loudly outside of this house.

Example : mission "moral fiber" from Win, during the attack of Pyrgos. There are 2 soldiers in a house in front of Pyrgos, and the sound of their weapons is very loud, even annoying.

Sounds of shots fired from inside a building (house...) seems to be broadcast too loudly outside of this house.

Example : mission "moral fiber" from Win, during the attack of Pyrgos. There are 2 soldiers in a house in front of Pyrgos, and the sound of their weapons is very loud, even annoying.

I think the same about the inside building sounds.

I always have so much trouble to pinpoint an inside building enemy cause a 30m distance house seems to be the next door.

Generally speaking, i think this aspect of sound engine need to be tweaked a little.

I tried in another post to ask a way to have an Ai continually shooting to put him inside a building to train myself pinpointing him exactly for this reason.

I'm sure I've seen this mentioned before but not sure if it was in here. When you have a lot of audio samples playing at once, sounds stop playing, e.g. 4 fire teams are fighting and my fire teams weapons stop playing tails and then eventually stop making noise all together.

Pretty sure this is an engine limitation but it's a bit jaring while playing.

I'm sure I've seen this mentioned before but not sure if it was in here. When you have a lot of audio samples playing at once, sounds stop playing, e.g. 4 fire teams are fighting and my fire teams weapons stop playing tails and then eventually stop making noise all together.

Same for me, steps to reproduce :

- place a team with  a lot of Machine guns

- ask them to suppress a direction

- sound tails disappear during suppressive fire

--IMPORTANT : not tried with Monday, May 23th dev update

Same for me, steps to reproduce :

- place a team with  a lot of Machine guns

- ask them to suppress a direction

- sound tails disappear during suppressive fire

--IMPORTANT : not tried with Monday, May 23th dev update

Can you please create a simple scenario in the editor and share it so that I can just "press play"? I still haven't seen this but I don't have time to actually PLAY arma... :( I would really appreciate it and if your mission is not over the top (100 MG guys supressing 1 guy :D )and reliably shows the issue I will annoy the **** ouf BI's sound guys to get a fix for this problem.

Unable to reproduce with today's update, it's probably what's in the changlog as

• Added: Frequency randomizers for sound tails
  • Added: Loop debug sounds

Unable to reproduce with today's update, it's probably what's in the changlog as

• Added: Frequency randomizers for sound tails
  • Added: Loop debug sounds

Okay, thanks for the info. I don't think anything has changed in relation to max sounds played at the same time but if you run into the issue again, a playable showcase would be really, really appreciated mate. Thanks!

Oh, I can totally recreate the problem of many sounds going silent, it's definitely linked to the amount of soundshaders/sets going on at the same time. I use one or two more per weapon in DynaSound 2.0 and RHS - Firing an LMG for a few seconds is enough to completely eliminate the actual shot samples. Funny enough: The tails remain.

Oh, I can totally recreate the problem of many sounds going silent, it's definitely linked to the amount of soundshaders/sets going on at the same time. I use one or two more per weapon in DynaSound 2.0 and RHS - Firing an LMG for a few seconds is enough to completely eliminate the actual shot samples. Funny enough: The tails remain.

Can confirm this with CUP weapons and several others, RobertHammer M4s, NIA weapons, etc.

Seems like the 128 sound sources limit is hit very early.

Thanks for the reports guys, I see this is a high priority thing but I still need a repro mission.

The (tiny, overburdened) audio team is working 110% on Tanoa content & sound features, it is very hard to get them to do anything else. The only thing that works is a showcase. "Here, press play, hear that? Please fix, thx." I have created many, many, many for them for issues that I have found myself. So please, help me help them help you. :) Get me a repro mission and I will do my best to get it to the guys.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reports guys, I see this is a high priority thing but I still need a repro mission.

The (tiny, overburdened) audio team is working 110% on Tanoa content & sound features, it is very hard to get them to do anything else. The only thing that works is a showcase. "Here, press play, hear that? Please fix, thx." I have created many, many, many for them for issues that I have found myself. So please, help me help them help you. :) Get me a repro mission and I will do my best to get it to the guys.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrktux9qca1uogr/audio_testing.Stratis.pbo?dl=0

Play as the Civ dude, should default to that, don't move around till you've heard the issue, then experiment with ranges.

• Like 3

I would be very happy if the other controller keywords and options (like "rocks", "night" and "format [ ]" etc) would be allowed for weapon related sounds. Currently, if you add one of these to the volume of a weapon related soundShader, it's whole soundSet gets muted.

I submitted a video here a few pages back and it seems to only occur beyond 30 rounds.  If you fired quickly enough in semi-auto, it still does it as well.

Based on my testing, it only applies to these vanilla weapons which are all apart of the Marksmen DLC pack:

Navid
Mk-I EMR
Mk14
SPMG

what build was that on @K20017 ?

I don't have a build number but the video was recorded on Sunday, February 14, 2016.  It was on a dev branch at the time I believe.