They're fine too.

Great! Tbh I'd have another hotfix with this fix. I was playing a Zeus scenario in the Ghost Hotel the other day... needless to say, not being able to hear the enemy's footsteps and gunshots was extremely game breaking. I don't think I'll be playing much until this bugfix hits the stable branch in a couple weeks.

Although we've been checking it continuously, it's been a while since we directly replied to this thread. After some intense development with Marksmen DLC - implementing all those new features and samples - we're now summarizing all your feedback, creating prioritized list of upcoming fixes and investigating new ideas and suggestions. Thank you all for your feedback!

Originally, I started to write replies to specific comments, but it turned out to be so long that it became an Audio OPREP.:) It will be a bit more technical and will also include several answers to some general questions (which you are posting to megagoth's ask-bohemia-thread).

For now, though, I want to assume you that the Marksmen DLC features are just the beginning - there's a huge backlog of improvements we'd love to implement in time. The new audio features are, let's say, in their first form, which we decided to publish to improve the audio experience as soon as possible.

Thank you again for your support!

Although we've been checking it continuously, it's been a while since we directly replied to this thread. After some intense development with Marksmen DLC - implementing all those new features and samples - we're now summarizing all your feedback, creating prioritized list of upcoming fixes and investigating new ideas and suggestions. Thank you all for your feedback!

Originally, I started to write replies to specific comments, but it turned out to be so long that it became an Audio OPREP.:) It will be a bit more technical and will also include several answers to some general questions (which you are posting to megagoth's ask-bohemia-thread).

For now, though, I want to assume you that the Marksmen DLC features are just the beginning - there's a huge backlog of improvements we'd love to implement in time. The new audio features are, let's say, in their first form, which we decided to publish to improve the audio experience as soon as possible.

Cheers for the update doosh keep up the good work. Really looking forward to seeing what yous can do.

Sounds (pun unintended) splendid, can't wait to hear what you have up your sleeve, keep up the good work audio-devs!

Yes!Before Helicopter dlc sound systems were largely neglected.I'm so glad that things are moving forward towards better

and more immersive arma 3 soundscape.

There was a study of a who person watches horrible movie quality with great audio

compared to great visal movie quality with horrible sound system, and it turns out

the person will stay with better audio/worse visual, longer

then the other way around.Sound seem unimportant but plays big and important role.

^^^ Anyone who's played Asteroids, Defender or Joust in the video arcade could tell you that. Sound was so visceral I can still feel the reverb 30 years later

^^^ Anyone who's played Asteroids, Defender or Joust in the video arcade could tell you that. Sound was so visceral I can still feel the reverb 30 years later

With dirty great big speakers built into the cabinet. Most of us don't have speakers like that in our headphones or on our desks.

Sound seem unimportant but plays big and important role.

Can't agree more. I played once without sounds and with music, just for fun. Hell. It was horrible.

I can't wait whats future brings, but if they would develop the system and would add more and more samples into the game, it would be awesome!

Excellent. Wish you the best of luck!

Guys, I have a trip to bohemia planned and would like to collect community questions.

I come with you and make a presentation with pictures and stuff of the trip, PLEASE :o

Just wanted to register my frustration with the current sounds. Specifically the sonic cracks.

I'm no audiophile but even I can tell they do not sound right.

All I get on a Passover is the sound of someone firing a suppressed weapon somewhere in the vicinity.

Pssssut pssssut. It's just weird and frankly disorienting. I'm expecting a clear crisp dry "crack" I.e. like a bull whip... What we get is this psssut noise...

Hoping JSRS comes to the rescue...

All I get on a Passover is the sound of someone firing a suppressed weapon somewhere in the vicinity.

I second that. It currently feels like ghost suppressed shots everywhere.

Just wanted to register my frustration with the current sounds. Specifically the sonic cracks.

I'm going to be the "I KNOW A GUY..." guy for a second and say that my Arma buddy, who is active military, says the sonic cracks are excellent. I'd have to ask him if he thinks they should be sharper or whatever, but he was pretty impressed by them.

I haven't played Arma3 for ~2 months (army & stuff), I tried again today on Dev Branch... Is it normal that every weapon suddenly sound like a pneumatic stapler ? What happend ? Does Stable Branch sound better ?

Unfortunately stapler sounds are normal for now in dev and stable branch, just read some of the previous pages to get more insight. BIS is aware of many problems and working on it so we have to be patient. In the end (months?) sound will probably be improved overall.

I'm going to be the "I KNOW A GUY..." guy for a second and say that my Arma buddy, who is active military, says the sonic cracks are excellent. I'd have to ask him if he thinks they should be sharper or whatever, but he was pretty impressed by them.

Im going to be that guy that doesnt have any experience at all with guns IRL so I cant say if the current sounds are how it sounds when you/others are shooting around you but I would still tell you and your friend that these sounds both sound bad and are bad from a gameplay point of view. Aside from some weapons sounding like staplers or typewriters the sonic cracks are often louder than the gun thats shooting the bullets, wich again I have no idea how it is IRL but it just seems weird to see a guy 10m infront of you with a big LMG spraying bullets at you and the crack of the bullets flying around are loud enough to almost mask the actual gun itself. As it is right now unless I see the person shooting at me I can probably only 2/10 times get the direction of where the shooter is by sound.. Its so disorienting that im actually starting to go by a rule of "It sounds like its coming from West, so he is probably East".

Its probably because the bullets go faster than sound so the first sound I hear is the sonic crack of a bullet going past me, then just after I hear the gun wich I identify as the bullet hitting something wich means my mental image of where the bullet came from is completely reversed.

Thats not even touching on how impossible it is to locate a shooter by sound if the bullets actually HIT something close to me, *PlaCK* of a bullet flying past me *PloCK* of a bullet hitting something behind/left/right/infront of me and at the same time *Plick* of the actual gun shooting... Thats 3 sounds that usually sound very similar all happening almost at the same time and all of them are from different directions and all of them at similar levels of loudness then add that its automatic fire and all I hear is a stream of *FlPFlPFlP* coming from EVERYWHERE.

Guy with a Zafir 10m away spraying at me will make me belive he is several hundred meters away, someone with a silenced weapon or both if I just go by sound!

There's no question that there are various problems and inconsistencies with the audibility of gunshots, cracks and other things in the game, which I'm sure will be fixed in the coming months, but I was talking purely about the sonic crack sample itself.

May it be the case that this guy just isn't that familiar with video games and just finds them nice because he can't imagine a video game getting them much better?

I've posted youtube samples a few pages ago (will post them again tomorrow, 4 am here, I need some sleep now.)

Would you please show him those short clips and ask him what he thinks about those recordings and if they are better than current Arma3 cracks or not.

Gonna see if we can fix this....

Wait out

Added: New audio samples for Explosive charge and Claymore

Added: New audio samples for grenade and launcher explosions and impacts on surface

Has anyone tested? I cant sucks.

Yep to me it sound amazing.I would say it's quite the improvement comparing with the old one.

It has really nice thump sound.

Although the new sound is a step forward into the right direction, to me it lacks high frequency "airy ambience" and transient. The sound of the explosion itself is too loud too long. I would prefer a short & snappy BANG and then a quieter tail. A good comparison I think of is this: Fire your weapon at night in arma3. You see how the muzzle flash effect on your gun is very short, snappy. But the LIGHT that is being emitted by the flash is too long. It's like a quarter to half a second, instead of just two or three frames. This is bad and this is how I feel about the new explosions.

Here is a video of the grenades. The new charges and claymores sound pretty similiar.

I have some thoughts on them though, as usual. :blues: