WRONG.

What needs to happen is DECRASE vehicle volume. Currently the vehicle volume completely maxes out the audio stream and leaves no room for other sounds to come through. Watch my video on the previous page.

The issue is not "X is too quiet, make X louder", but rather "everything is too loud, I can't hear X!".

So, i think the right route would be for them to lower everything equally, and raise the volume of each source, depending on real life volume, for example, is a Tank or a Car Louder, or is a Gun shot louder than a Tank driving? Or is a Helicopter louder than a jet flying by?

So, i think the right route would be for them to lower everything equally, and raise the volume of each source, depending on real life volume, for example, is a Tank or a Car Louder, or is a Gun shot louder than a Tank driving? Or is a Helicopter louder than a jet flying by?

Yes. The whole game needs a level re-balance. No need to go super micromanaging around and looking for "is jet X louder than jet X" but new volume levels for all content groups (wehicles, weapons etc) have to be found.

My video on the previous page illustrates the benefits of that.

Yes. The whole game needs a level re-balance. No need to go super micromanaging around and looking for "is jet X louder than jet X" but new volume levels for all content groups (wehicles, weapons etc) have to be found.

My video on the previous page illustrates the benefits of that.

Makes alot of sense. Then all that's left is for people to just turn up their volume, meaning that since everything were to be balanced out realistically, not only would that improve the "loudness" war, but it'd essentially sound more dynamic.

WRONG.

What needs to happen is DECRASE vehicle volume. Currently the vehicle volume completely maxes out the audio stream and leaves no room for other sounds to come through. Watch my video on the previous page.

The issue is not "X is too quiet, make X louder", but rather "everything is too loud, I can't hear X!".

You are right, but i think it is too much effort that they have until the marksman release. So it's not gonna happen soon. :(

You are right, but i think it is too much effort that they have until the marksman release. So it's not gonna happen soon. :(

I agree. Marksmen DLC has higher priority.

Could you increase the target locking sound inside the vehicles? If the vehicle is moving it's almost impossible to hear that.

This is actually a bug. Attenuation was added in a recent patch and screwed up misslelock and incoming misslelock sounds. If you go to third person you will hear these sounds loud and clear. For some reason these files are treated as outside the cockpit instead of inside as they should be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some rogue Devs might be working out of the data lock!

It is an ongoing thing, so nothing to do with the DLC.

Man, it's going to be disappointing of the bullet cracks and impacts aren't updated before release. More specifically bullet impacts. They sound cheesy and old compared to the new overhauled sound. Not just that, but bullet snaps need a little more love too, and reverb.

Current sonic cracks are the biggest issue in the current soundscape methinks*, if I hadn't read they've been changed I probably wouldn't even know what they are.

*-Apart from the whole loudness thing.

I also hope that the MX sound will get changed. It is the main weapon of the most played faction, the weapon that you use in most of the missions, but it has a horrible sound. It does not sound like a weapon at all, and if the distance filter gets applied it becomes even worse.

I also hope that the MX sound will get changed. It is the main weapon of the most played faction, the weapon that you use in most of the missions, but it has a horrible sound. It does not sound like a weapon at all, and if the distance filter gets applied it becomes even worse.

Explain how you want the weapon to sound? "bad" or "make it better" is not good constructive criticism. I agree though.

Problem Nr. 1: Mechanics are BAKED into the audio sample instead of being added by "soundClosure". This means that they are heard over ALL distances.

Problem Nr. 2: The sample is mixed too loud, distorted and has no definition in the first "shot" area before the tail. This might work kind of okay for close distance but also leads to a "wtf did I just hear" effect in distance.

But might I suggest a better balanced, punchy sound, like this? (Sneaky marketing)

Guys, remember that there is also the EQs and not just faders. EQs can be dynamic, too...

Problem Nr. 1: Mechanics are BAKED into the audio sample instead of being added by "soundClosure". This means that they are heard over ALL distances.

This! This is what has been annoying me the most about the gun sounds. At a distance I expect to hear the discharge, a bang, but not any mechanical noise

Agreed. It is awful. It sounds like a robot sneezing.

Explain how you want the weapon to sound? "bad" or "make it better" is not good constructive criticism... Mechanics are BAKED into the audio sample instead of being added by "soundClosure". This means that they are heard over ALL distances.

Like a gun, for starters. It's like a weird metal scraping noise. It doesn't sound like a gunshot at all. The new tails kind of cover it up, but right around the time they were being added there was a short time when the MX didn't have any tails or reverb at all and you could hear how weak the shot was. And yeah, the closure thing is a big issue. It's especially apparent when hearing the Mk20, which has a pretty loud mechanical component. Frankly I think the new attenuation highlights how much some guns need more punch. At distance now, the Mk20 and MX sound very weird and tinny. Although the new filter is a welcome addition, distant gunfire should sound kind of like a bassy POP POP POP, and the filter doesn't really achieve that with some guns (although most are decent at range; the Zafir in particular sounds pretty good). The distant shots would probably sound better across the board if the gunshots were punchier. And by that I don't mean added bass, but rather more of a POP from the small explosion of the round going off.

But might I suggest a better balanced, punchy sound, like this? (Sneaky marketing)

Maybe the working parts need to be a teensy bit louder, but it's several times better than the stock sound. And probably sounds pretty decent at distance through the filter.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Speaking of mechanical sounds, the Mar-10 from a distance sounds less like a .338 Lapua Magnum hard hitter, and more like a Heavy Nail-gun that somehow ended up louder than most pistols.

Speaking of mechanical sounds, the Mar-10 from a distance sounds less like a .338 Lapua Magnum hard hitter, and more like a Heavy Nail-gun that somehow ended up louder than most pistols.

Same thing for the Rahim. It sounds like a pistol I don't know.

Because it IS a pistol? I've read somewhere that sample for Rahim is a 1911.

My very first thought on this weapon when I first tried it.

Will we get realistic distances for the sound to carry over, or at least half realistic? Right now, a distance of 1 km from a firefight makes it just -barely- audible. You can hear conventional fireworks at that distance, and those are not as loud as rifles and grenades. Tank guns can be heard at a distance of 30 kilometers no problem.

Even making rifles carry 3 km and tank guns 5 km would be a massive improvement.

Will we get realistic distances for the sound to carry over, or at least half realistic? Right now, a distance of 1 km from a firefight makes it just -barely- audible. You can hear conventional fireworks at that distance, and those are not as loud as rifles and grenades. Tank guns can be heard at a distance of 30 kilometers no problem.

Even making rifles carry 3 km and tank guns 5 km would be a massive improvement.

This brings up the issue i mentioned not too long ago, being the distance filter blends way too fast. You hear a heli coming, it sounds bass-y and distant, instead of gradually filtering in to it's less bass-y sound, it's too fast, as it sounds like you just jumped out from under-water. This is not how it should sound, AT ALL.

Tweaked: Sound: Changed shooting sounds dynamic

What's this exactly?

I noticed today that I can barely hear enemy fire at about 400m distance. As I recall it, it was more audible just recently? Could be that I've been playing with megagoths sound lately, but I don't think that's actually it.

What's this exactly?

I noticed today that I can barely hear enemy fire at about 400m distance. As I recall it, it was more audible just recently? Could be that I've been playing with megagoths sound lately, but I don't think that's actually it.

I don't think so either. I have looked at current dev branch configs and their sounds still with max distance of 1800m - same as my mod. But maybe there were some changes in the audio filtering of which I have no idea how they work. :-/