The rain sound has got a weird beeping since it was introduced. I don't remember was there any ticket about it before but here's a one made by ikerdo today. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20902

It's bit annoying even because you can hear it multiple times. Why the sound is still even in the game? It sounds almost the same as clicking the menus.

/Ha! Found an earlier ticket posted by Helperman http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15911

Edited by St. Jimmy

Do you mean sound for turning in and turning out for armored vehicles? If so, added.

List of missing sounds (rolling list):

Infantry

No footsteps sound for Step Over animation (when player unarmed or with pistol)

No footsteps sound for Step Over animation (when player unarmed or with pistol)

This is a bug rather than something that is completely missing from the game since footstep sound just doesn't work in this condition, and not completely missing.

Scratched off from the list sounds for entering vehicles. That works.

I'm currently on the stable branch, please let me know if something needs to be removed or updated on the list.

List of missing sounds (rolling list):

Infantry

• Rifle and pistol lowering, lifting when kneeling.
  • Going into boresight view.
  • Turning on and off rifle flashlight/IR pointer
  • Turning on GPS
  • Sounds of turning on and off NVGs - for god's sake, Zeus even has one!
  • Sound of falling bodies.
  • Screams when getting hit
  • No sound during parachuting (wind, parachute fabric)
  • No sound for turning (volume should grow louder according to turn speed)
  • Sound for closing and opening metal hatches on guard posts.

Ammunition

• Sound for falling bombs and artillery shells

Armour and Vehicles

• Sounds for tank turret hydraulics (which were there since and OFP and disappeared in Arma 3)
  • Sounds for switching on and off view modes in weapon sights
  • Sounds for switching between optics modes and zoom levels in gunner and commander sights
  • No sound for entering and exiting tanks, vehicles and aircrafts
  • Sound for knocked down trees
  • Sound for squashed bushes
  • Sound for impacting humans
  • Sound for impacting walls
  • Sound for impacting rocks
  • Sound for moving tank tracks and their friction with the ground (there's only the engine sound).
  • Turning headlights on and off
  • Splash sound when wheels impact a waterline (it was in OFP)
  • No impact sound when sitting in a vehicle that is hit. There should be different sounds for different calibers and those should change according to the type of armor the vehicle has, or lack of.
  • Sound for movement of fixed MG/GMG
  • No sound for turning in and out (hatch open/close)

Multiple missing sounds in the engine: http://pastebin.com/sREL3aFY - thanks kju

List of missing effects (rolling list):

• Sound occlusion [WIP]
  • Speed of sound simulation for vehicles and aircraft

Is that down draft?

yer pickle so far only Lil bird and Orca have it.

variable, rifle lowering and raising has sound, as does pistol. so you can cross off. unless you have and mean now just for kneeling the sounds are missing.

Yup, it's amazing how much of a difference these kinds of sounds make for immersion. If they can implement all the missing sounds and effects from Variable's list, it might feel like a completely different game. Especially sound occlusion and attenuation would make a big difference in terms of "audio realism".

Totally agree! Really like the new sound effects in the xH-9 and it's small things like this that makes tons of immersion and also helps when flying.

That being said (and as I mentioned in the sling load thread but probably better place for it here) I think the wind noise when flyng fast is way to loud since it masks valuable ques from the engine/rotor.

/KC

I can't believe how much the simple changes to the speed of sound and new samples have improved the sound so much. The helicopters sound amazing when they crash, artillery is thunderous, etc.

The only things that still need tweaking are the percussiveness of some of the new explosion samples (they don't have enough punch, the new IED sounds are a good example) and that a few things (such as satchel charges and a one set of IEDs, either urban or dug in but I can't remember) still have the old explosion effects and sounds. But I can't wait to see this stuff continue to move forward.

I'm not being delusional when I think that there were sounds of falling mortar/arty shells once, right? They just gone now? Or I'm confused because I was using some sound mod?

I'm not being delusional when I think that there were sounds of falling mortar/arty shells once, right? They just gone now? Or I'm confused because I was using some sound mod?

Nope, they're gone for the 155mm howitzers. The 80mm mortars still have this though.

Here is a relevant ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20933

This is actually an extremely important issue - not knowing that an artillery shell is coming gives you no time to take cover and could result in many deaths.

Similar to the A-164's issue where the cannon sound gets stuck on X( (which I believe still hasn't been fixed)

What happend to the xH-9 engine/rotor sound? I'm not an expert but current engine/rotor sound while in cockpit associates me more to a lawn mower than an agile 21 century helicopter.

I don't know if it's my imagination (or different volume on my headset) but I think the wind noise have been toned down a tad but IMO it can go even lower without sacrifying the feeling of flying fast in an open cockpit, as I said before it masks the engine/rotor sound to much.

/KC

Rifle and pistol lowering sounds are too loud in 3rd person view

What happend to the xH-9 engine/rotor sound? I'm not an expert but current engine/rotor sound while in cockpit associates me more to a lawn mower than an agile 21 century helicopter.

I don't know if it's my imagination (or different volume on my headset) but I think the wind noise have been toned down a tad but IMO it can go even lower without sacrifying the feeling of flying fast in an open cockpit, as I said before it masks the engine/rotor sound to much.

/KC

this , on current dev build. it is still in my opinion could be toned down. not just Mh6, can hardly hear a 20mm cannon or rockets firing in cockpit of a Blackfoot.

The new helicopter sound changes are nice and all, but I hope soon we'll be able to hear a helicopter (and anything else for that matter) from more than 200m away.

I can spot a hummingbird from 500-700m, probably because i play on volume where weapon shooting loud, but still not painful!(as it should be) :D

Btw i like too the new sound changes!

Nice new sounds for the Kajman when starting and stopping engine, although the transition from startup sound to normal sound is horrible. Same goes for transition from normal sound to stop sequence sound. I really hope those are work in progress, and not considered done yet.

Adjusted: Volume of turning engine on and off for helicopters

Hellcat is still waaaay too loud during startup and shutdown. Take it down about 10dB or so.

The other helicopters sound very good now.

Nope, they're gone for the 155mm howitzers. The 80mm mortars still have this though.

Here is a relevant ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20933

This is actually an extremely important issue - not knowing that an artillery shell is coming gives you no time to take cover and could result in many deaths.

Similar to the A-164's issue where the cannon sound gets stuck on X( (which I believe still hasn't been fixed)

I would hope it's missing only for the fact that they are reworking the incoming sound as well? That would be great. I've heard what real incoming and impacts sound like, and it's pretty fucking scary.

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

I can spot a hummingbird from 500-700m, probably because i play on volume where weapon shooting loud, but still not painful!(as it should be) :D

Btw i like too the new sound changes!

True that, Everton should note that their game volume be to a certain ratio before judging sounds. In other words until walking around sounds about the same as walking around in real life.

IMO it's not a good idea to update the sound of the game one by one vehicles etc. If BIS really want to upgrade and update the sounds the should work and release a DLC or something with all sounds included. Even if the sounds might be better for some helis it would be hard for many of us to disable sound mods just for the benefit of some few tweaked sounds from BIS.

IMO it's not a good idea to update the sound of the game one by one vehicles etc. If BIS really want to upgrade and update the sounds the should work and release a DLC or something with all sounds included. Even if the sounds might be better for some helis it would be hard for many of us to disable sound mods just for the benefit of some few tweaked sounds from BIS.

Oh please don't do this, I'm not paying for a DLC that includes features that should have been in from release.

On another note, speaking of vehicles... Had another thought. Hehe, you guys know the sound of wind up against your vehicle when cruising down a nice road? What if some external sounds like those added to the helicopter was applied to all the vehicles to give them life? Obviously, not extreme wind, but recorded or remixed sounds fitting the appropriate vehicles. Cars, MRAP's, fixed wing even, in unison with hard G turning speeds, that compression of air sound. Not too intense though, as the CAS we have barley brake MACH 1.

I think of Arma as a service and not just one of the released game. That's why i buy every DLC.

I don't like new helicopter sounds.

1. Wind in ears (especially hummingbird and pawnee).

If you turn your head in helicopter sound of wind will not change. You may turn your head to the left on 90 degrees but sound never changes. Your right ear will get the same sample as in neutral position.

It is break the immersion and cause motion seakness (especially if you use TrackIR).

Btw, in RL pilots use special helmets and you will not hear that sounds so clearly.

2. Sounds at >100 km/h speed

I think helicopter will break apart in the air. The clatter and banging is so unpleasant. IMO, there are no such kind of sounds in RL helicopters.

3. Sound of crash

Really, old one was much better. I can see that helicopter blows up but cannot hear the sound of explosion.

4. Sound of landing

This sound is very unnatural and unpleasant to hear.

You may check this youtube video and you will not hear such kind of sounds:

IMO, BIS should tweak the ability of helmets to reduce noise (but not radio and radio mods like Task Force Radio) before changing volume and sounds. Otherwise it is very uncomfortable to pilot helicopters.

Edited by Kukus