Is anyone else not hearing these alleged new sounds for raising and lowering rifles and pistols? They seem to be missing for me.

No mods, local files verified via Steam.

Is anyone else not hearing these alleged new sounds for raising and lowering rifles and pistols? They seem to be missing for me.
It was added in 05-09-2014 changelog but I can't hear them either

It was added in 05-09-2014 changelog but I can't hear them either

Yep I also can't hear them.

No mods, local files verified via Steam.

Sigh... Unstriking the relevant entry.

List of missing sounds (rolling list):

Infantry

• Rifle and pistol lowering, lifting
  • Going into boresight view.
  • Turning on and off rifle flashlight/IR pointer
  • Turning on GPS
  • Sounds of turning on and off NVGs - for god's sake, Zeus even has it!
  • Sound of falling bodies
  • Screams when getting hit
  • No sound during parachuting (wind, parachute fabric)

Armour and Vehicles

• Sounds for tank turret hydraulics (which were there since and OFP and disappeared in Arma 3)
  • Sounds for switching on and off view modes in weapon sights
  • Sounds for switching between optics modes and zoom levels in gunner and commander sights
  • Sound for knocked down trees
  • Sound for squashed bushes
  • Sound for impacting humans
  • Sound for impacting walls
  • Sound for impacting rocks
  • Sound for moving tank tracks and their friction with the ground (there's only the engine sound).
  • Turning headlights on and off
  • Splash sound when wheels impact a waterline (it was in OFP)
  • No impact sound when sitting in a vehicle that is hit. There should be different sounds for different calibers and those should change according to the type of armor the vehicle has, or lack of.

Multiple missing sounds in the engine: http://www.file-upload.net/download-..._1_26.txt.html - thanks kju

List of missing effects (rolling list):

• Sound occulsion
  • Doppler effect for moving vehicles and aircraft

• Speed of sound simulation for vehicles and aircraft

doppler effect is in game already

few more for you

• Missing sounds for falling bombs
  • Configs Sample looping feature is broken (as per conversation with pettka in dev general)
  • Sounds for shooting/bombing/shelling/grenade/etc into water are broken

As for the change logs they are often aronius when it comes to audio.

As for the change logs they are often erroneous when it comes to audio.

FTFY. ;)

And yes, the dev builds seem to be missing files quite frequently.

FTFY. ;)

And yes, the dev builds seem to be missing files quite frequently.

haha google bloody gave me that too, phhssww :p

few more for you

• Missing sounds for falling bombs
  • Configs Sample looping feature is broken (as per conversation with pettka in dev general)
  • Sounds for shooting/bombing/shelling/grenade/etc into water are broken

As for the change logs they are often aronius when it comes to audio.

Added missing sound of falling bombs and artillery shells and a new "Ammunition" title. The rest are bugs, not quite missing sounds per se... I don't think we want the list to turn to a general sound bug list.

Regarding doppler - are you sure about that? I'm not entirely positive but I think it's absent when, for example, a vehicle is passing by. Maybe it's just not pronounced enough?

Infantry

• Turning on GPS
  • Sound of falling bodies.

Ammunition

• Sound for falling bombs and artillery shells

Armour and Vehicles

• Sounds for tank turret hydraulics (which were there since and OFP and disappeared in Arma 3)
  • Sounds for switching between optics modes and zoom levels in gunner and commander sights
  • Sound for moving tank tracks and their friction with the ground (there's only the engine sound).
  • No impact sound when sitting in a vehicle that is hit. There should be different sounds for different calibers and those should change according to the type of armor the vehicle has, or lack of.

Multiple missing sounds in the engine: http://pastebin.com/sREL3aFY - thanks kju

• Sound occlusion

Edited by Variable

yeah for sure its there.

Also arty shells have the falling sound but there is a bug/problem with it.

The sound class cuts off before the shell/object hits the floor, it would be better if it continued to play till the sample's end because in reality the sound doesn't end when the object strikes because of the speed of sound, the explosion has a faster travel rate so it over shadows the traveling sound but its still there for a second.

Edited by Bigpickle

Great read and glad they are working on the soundscape! Hopefully one of the first things to get fixed is the short range of gunfire etc.

/KC

Thanks guys for all of your feedback! Yes, there is lot of work to do. Soundscape was a bit underestimated aspect of the game, so let's change it together. The list of fixes and features we would love to implement is quite long (and yes, there are improvements for occlusion!)

Most of missing sounds from the list needs engine implementation and the list basically fits our actual plan. We will start (already did) with the vehicles.

Thank's again, we'll keep you updated.

(and yes, there are improvements for occlusion!)

Great, this was exactly what I wanted to know after reading the OPREP.

I haven't noticed it on vehicles... they sound the same no matter if they drive away from you or come towards you

We will start (already did) with the vehicles.

Good news

Edited by Fennek

The new tank gun sound is good, but the sound artifacts are still appauling. I get bad electric crackling when firing machineguns, tank guns, and when explosions occur closeby. It's the same effect you get when you overload a speaker on your hifi. Overboosting and sound aliasing artifacts, apparently. I am currently uploading a video to demonstrate the problem.

By the way - in latest dev , when i was testing the sling ropes , i have noticed that the EngineIn interior sound of any helicopter is twice louder than the exterior one (using my 5.1)

i know inside of helicopter it is loud but compared to A2 , there it wasnt like this

is this intended or it is a issue?

The new tank gun sound is good, but the sound artifacts are still appauling. I get bad electric crackling when firing machineguns, tank guns, and when explosions occur closeby. It's the same effect you get when you overload a speaker on your hifi. Overboosting and sound aliasing artifacts, apparently. I am currently uploading a video to demonstrate the problem.

Probably caused by APOLimiter effect for sounds. Only known workaround is to lower game sound volume.

Probably caused by APOLimiter effect for sounds. Only known workaround is to lower game sound volume.

Are you sure the volumes in the game are pre-fx (before the final mixdown to the limiter)? That would not make much sense, tbh.

That's bad. No other game does this. It also feels like changing volumne does not affect this. Video is here:

It's especially prominent when inside. Also, inside the vehicle, the gun sound should not reverberate and echo, but that's a different thing. Echo and gun noise should best be detached from each other, since the echo is really to be treated differently. It passes through so much atmospheric filtering, compared to the initial sound.

But what I'd like to see fixed first is this crackling and overboosting. It's very annoying.

EDIT: Problem persists when volumne ingame is lowered to 50 %.

Edited by InstaGoat

I haven't noticed it on vehicles... they sound the same no matter if they drive away from you or come towards you

Are you seeing something different than this?

Problem persists when volumne ingame is lowered to 50 %.

I usually set the game volume about 30% and then increase volume on my headphones.

Are you seeing something different than this?

I had no doppler effect when using splendid cam and watching my own vehicle driving by. Guess i shouldn't have made such a quick conclusion, i apologize.

Thanks guys for all of your feedback! Yes, there is lot of work to do. Soundscape was a bit underestimated aspect of the game, so let's change it together. The list of fixes and features we would love to implement is quite long (and yes, there are improvements for occlusion!)

Most of missing sounds from the list needs engine implementation and the list basically fits our actual plan. We will start (already did) with the vehicles.

Thanks for the update doosh! Looking forward to hearing about your progress. I'll put Work in Progress indications for list items you confirm being worked on.

[Also, doppler effect removed from the list as its apparently working fine]

Infantry

• Turning on GPS
  • Sound of falling bodies.

Ammunition

• Sound for falling bombs and artillery shells

Armour and Vehicles

• No sound for entering and exiting tanks, vehicles and aircrafts

Multiple missing sounds in the engine: http://pastebin.com/sREL3aFY - thanks kju

• Sound occlusion [WIP]

Edited by Variable

Added

• No sound for entering and exiting tanks, vehicles and aircrafts

List above updated.

That is very nice to hear. While you are at it could you please also implement this: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19734

It doesn´t benefit the Arma 3 Sounds directly, but it would really help my favourite Soundmod to get a few new features in.

@ Doosh & The guys discussing the issues between external an internal sounds:

I think its because the occlusion is reversed, by this i mean initially rather than have occlusion outside it was only provided inside a vehicle as a "quick" option in providing a difference between internal and external views. And while it makes logical sense for sound to be occluded inside, the current setup means that when applying sounds outside the vehicle it is practically impossible to hear them inside. Also when trying to script sounds inside vehicle only it is impossible to do it any other way than cfg radio as it stands.

But fear not I'm sure it will get sorted, which means in theory Littlebirds and other open type vehicles should sound right when correct environmental occlusion is added :yay: