I like how this effect is done is ACE. I cannot wait until ACE for Arma 3 I vote mod it in because youll always have the Ney-Sayers. I have to agree though .. In that video that Neruo posted... after the first few close explosions there should have been a slight ringing in the ears.. and all the sourrounding sounds should have been muffeled for a few seconds as your inner ears recover from the onslaught of soundwaves. If BIS stayed with the "Sim" aspect i would agree that this should be a part of the base game.. however, it has made it clear this is no longer a "Sim".

Please provide an option where we can disable the music that shows at start when we load ArmA3. starts to annoy and sometimes i cant hear people on TS. I have my music very low but this intro music doesn't go away.

Not that i dont like it, but is starting to buzz my ears.

Regards,

b6

If you're standing 20m from where a 120mm artillery shell hits, I'd say you're pretty much graveyard dead.

now i don't get it, he was reffering to my video, where did he see arty sheels on it? It was BTR Kamysh shooting HE's at us.

@bravo 6

You can set the volume for music to 0. Wouldn't this do exactely what you want?

Here's some reference: http://www.makeitlouder.com/Decibel%20Level%20Chart.txt

From there:

180 (P) 1 POUND T.N.T. AT 15 FEET -REF.4.

187 (P) 1 TON T.N.T. AT 100 FEET, EXACTLY 186.8 DB -REF.4.

So, an artillery shell (which contains 15-25 pounds of HE) falls somewhere inbetween. Assuming that sound pressure level is proportional to the explosive mass (which is not true, but an approximation) and 20 pounds of TNT, we get 193dB at 15 feet, and correspondingly ~180dB at 60 feet ("6 dB per double distance" law, also doesn't actually apply here - but again, it's an approximation).

Verification: going from the other side, 1 short ton / 20 pounds = 100 = 20 dB; (187 - 20 + 6) dB = 173 dB at 50 feet - close, given our wide assumptions.

173 dB is pretty much enough to knock out your hearing ;)

According to NeuroFunker - you'll be dead, but still have damn good hearing :D

if you were reffering to my video, how do you up on 120mm?

if you were reffering to my video, how do you up on 120mm?

I wasn't referring to your video (I didn't even see it). What I'm telling is that if there is such effect IRL, I'd like to also see it ingame - irrespective to yours or any other video around.

120mm shell was just an example.

But I'd suggest to continue the discussion in the separate thread (link in my previous post).

Why? If it's optional via script, everybody wins!

Because it's a goddamn annoying feature. I'd rather have sounds muffled for a while, without the tinnitus.

I like how this effect is done is ACE. I cannot wait until ACE for Arma 3 I vote mod it in because youll always have the Ney-Sayers. I have to agree though .. In that video that Neruo posted... after the first few close explosions there should have been a slight ringing in the ears.. and all the sourrounding sounds should have been muffeled for a few seconds as your inner ears recover from the onslaught of soundwaves. If BIS stayed with the "Sim" aspect i would agree that this should be a part of the base game.. however, it has made it clear this is no longer a "Sim".

They still aim for a sim aspect.

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

The game is still realistic, just takes time to work on every part of these to make it realistic.

Because it's a goddamn annoying feature. I'd rather have sounds muffled for a while, without the tinnitus.

Just because it's annoying doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game. It's a pretty basic aspect of simulation. Fatigue can be annoying, should you be able to sprint forever then?

Don´t forget that quite a lot of people experience Tinitus as something painfull, so putting this into the game might not be a good idea. Muffled sounds on the other hand would be great!

@bravo 6

You can set the volume for music to 0. Wouldn't this do exactely what you want?

Hello, thank for the reply but by setting music to Zero woun't do exacty what I want.

Even when you put the music to 0 on áudio configurations you will ear some music and radio comms every time you start ArmA3. This is really annoying, specially if you have to start ArmA3 alot.

You mean the main menu stuff?

Add this to your arma 3 launch paramaters.

-nosplash -world=empty

It helps with loading times too if you if you start/exit a lot.

How come Direct Communication is not directional/positional/3D like it was in Arma2? Was it ever so in Arma3 and is just now broken or what is going on? Will it be 3D in the future? I could not find any answers with forum search.

Found 1 ticket about the issue:

0006894: Direct chat VOIP is positioned wrong.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6894

I would say it is not positioned at all. You just hear voices in your head.

So far I had only tried SP, and some COOP with TS so I didnt really try DC at all. But with TacBF and public PvP the DC is quite usefull, well it would be if it worked like in Arma2. I have to ask, is DC really broken in A3 or did TacBF just break it?

How come Direct Communication is not directional/positional/3D like it was in Arma2? Was it ever so in Arma3 and is just now broken or what is going on? Will it be 3D in the future? I could not find any answers with forum search.

Found 1 ticket about the issue:

0006894: Direct chat VOIP is positioned wrong.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6894

I would say it is not positioned at all. You just hear voices in your head.

So far I had only tried SP, and some COOP with TS so I didnt really try DC at all. But with TacBF and public PvP the DC is quite usefull, well it would be if it worked like in Arma2. I have to ask, is DC really broken in A3 or did TacBF just break it?

It's a huge problem in multiplayer.

"You just hear voices in your head." Lol, Atkins, you nailed it.

May need to up my Meds..., the voices....

There are quite a few lingering problems with directional audio, voice chat and otherwise, in ArmA 3 right now.

There are quite a few lingering problems with directional audio, voice chat and otherwise, in ArmA 3 right now.

Has there been any responses from devs about these issues? They must be at least aware of them by now?

I hear direction chat constantly. Helps me find the enemy.

Yeah I think they did fix the directional voice issue, but there are still some issues with directional gunfire when you are close (~75m away or less) to the audio source.

Yeah I think they did fix the directional voice issue, but there are still some issues with directional gunfire when you are close (~75m away or less) to the audio source.

Wait, 3D voip (aka direct communication) is fixed in the dev branch? Or did I just misunderstood you guys.

the lock-on target sound for the AA launcher is extremely loud, to the point I dont use it cause its a pain in the ear and just strange thats it like 200% louder htan the rest of the game..

Wait, 3D voip (aka direct communication) is fixed in the dev branch? Or did I just misunderstood you guys.

I was talking about when you hear AI talking, not VoIP...not sure what DNK was talking about.