Tankbuster

A3 dialog / user interface editor. How to save/export/import?

Guys,

I've been fiddling with the A3 built-in dialog editor and have come up with some not totally hideous stuff.

I've been following tutorials that go through how to add and edit elements of the dialogs, but can't find any way to export or save my work. Am I missing something in the tutorials?

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

Also... forgot to ask... can the dialog editor load an existing dialog with a view to seeing how it works or making changes?

Also... forgot to ask... can the dialog editor load an existing dialog with a view to seeing how it works or making changes?
Ctrl-I will import from a dialog config

could never get this to work when making amendments - once i created it, i generally had to add anything extra manually - saving should be fine though.

Ah, thanks LG. Searches didn't turn that gem up.

Will try and report back, Thanks Mikie.

---------- Post added at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

I see my problem with the search is that it's now called user interface editor, not dialog. I'll ask a mod for a thread rename to "A3 dialog / user interface editor. How to save/export/import?"

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

Ah... it exports and imports with the clipboard. My mind reading skills failed me but I did see an oblique mention of it in the biki. Thanks BI. :)

You can load standard BIS gui's using ctrl+I

configfile >> "RscDisplayLogin"

I havent worked out how to load my own dialogs from the desciption.ext using this method. Which would be a hell of alot easier then saving the clipboard stuff

You can push H in the GUI editor to bring up a help..most of the commands are in there, as well as various pieces of help.

If you plan to do additional work on it later saving a copy as the GUI editor format then copy everything bar the comment markers so that it starts and ends $[GUI Editor Code] and press ctrl+O to import it again.

If your screen flashes and it’s not imported check any text you put in for ' or “ as this confuses it on importing but exports and works in the missions just fine.

to load custom Dialog use:

Ctrl + I

missionConfigFile >> "yourDialogName"

:rolleyes:

O/T: Love your username! *chuckles*

Press ctrl + shift + s, come up with a name and click save. Then paste it to your .hpp. That's how I've been doing it.

On 9/26/2014 at 0:02 PM, kovvalsky said:

to load custom Dialog use:

Ctrl + I

missionConfigFile >> "yourDialogName"

:rolleyes:

Where have you been the last 4 hours? THANK YOU so much ***CRYING OF HAPPINESS***