Sign in to follow this  
farooqaaa

Player x kicked off, Steam ticket check failed: (null)

Yep it is very likely that.

Do you know anyone that gets this error? If not then read my previous post.

I do know someone who crashed to desktop and the server returned the steam ticket fail null error when it happened.

I was admin on the dedi and in ts with the guy it happened to.

Do you know anyone that gets this error? If not then read my previous post.

Not everyone. These are mostly Randomers..

some additional Q:

do you see that happen on DEV branch too ? or only STABLE?

are you using VON on server? if yes, is the VON codec quality in range 21-30 ? (if yes then try 20 or lower, if it has no effect just tell me)

It's not VON - setting on 2 servers were already below 20. Incidence is lower today, still same names - suspect $able has the answer.

I do know someone who crashed to desktop and the server returned the steam ticket fail null error when it happened.

I was admin on the dedi and in ts with the guy it happened to.

I can confirm this behaviour. I crashed to desktop after 30 minutes ingame and the others in teamspeak claimed that this was the error that showed when I disconnected.

It's obvious this happens to those using illegal/cracked copies of the game, so it doesn't seem to be a bug at all. And yes, it appears there are a lot of players using cracked copies and trying to play online with them. I have seen this countless of times on my own local server and most of the time they show up to be having the same PID, which proves that they are using identical copies.

Thats a bullshit reason, my friend that bought this game gets the same error. I also got his game "Gifted copy" and get the same error it has nothing to do with cracked copies, they need to fix their shit end of story.

Steam ticket fail... reconnect kill 6 guys get geared up steam ticket fail... FAIL... FAIL... FAIL. It does not matter what I've tried to do I get the same error sometimes in 2 minutes sometimes not for 1 hour but it always happens.

It's not VON - setting on 2 servers were already below 20. Incidence is lower today, still same names - suspect $able has the answer.

Additionally, we run our Dev Branch dedi with VON disabled.

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

It might be past time to vote on this.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12784

Edited by ViperMaul

Thats a bullshit reason, my friend that bought this game gets the same error. I also got his game "Gifted copy" and get the same error it has nothing to do with cracked copies, they need to fix their shit end of story.

Steam ticket fail... reconnect kill 6 guys get geared up steam ticket fail... FAIL... FAIL... FAIL. It does not matter what I've tried to do I get the same error sometimes in 2 minutes sometimes not for 1 hour but it always happens.

stop acting in haste and anger, what's BE author saying is that same error, covers multiple scenarios (illegal copies, game crashes, 'yet to be identified failures and timeouts')

if your game crashes, what about provide the crashdumps and log file ?

MDMP, BIDMP and RPT files ... ideally compressed into archive

Its something painful to see happen to your server. I was in our server for more than 3 hours yesterday and noticed almost 90% of the people that got in (approx 20) had this problem. Hope there is a fix for this soon.

Ofc the pirates can stay away and get it every time they try to join a server.

Its something painful to see happen to your server. I was in our server for more than 3 hours yesterday and noticed almost 90% of the people that got in (approx 20) had this problem. Hope there is a fix for this soon.

Ofc the pirates can stay away and get it every time they try to join a server.

Check your server console/log for popular "warez" PIDs like 76561197960270647 (there are others of course).

Check your server console/log for popular "warez" PIDs like 76561197960270647 (there are others of course).

Ill look into that thanks for the tip.

Although it would be strange that out of the 5 people only 1 has no troubles connecting (on the 30 minutes I just been in the server). If those 4 are all pirates than there is a big warez problem I would say.

they can't (aka until proven wrong with proof of concept ;) )

* speaking of verified state

Edited by Dwarden

Can warez people insert whatever PIDs they want and would innocent people be in ban danger considering steam IDs are public?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960270647 doesn't even own Arma 3 and seem like an innocent bystander.

A player/client can send anything, but of course if the PID is faked he will be kicked (which is what we are talking about here).

Btw, I just converted this PID to hexadecimal: 110000100001337. Do I need to say more? ;)

This is what I just got while my Arma crashed while i was playing. A clanmate said it gave me the steam ticket (null) error.

Dunno if someone can use this but Ill put it anyways :)

My logs from the crash:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-09-20T12:45:37.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>21008</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>My.name.local</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data />

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>APPCRASH</Data>

<Data>Niet beschikbaar</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>arma3.exe</Data>

<Data>1.0.109.911</Data>

<Data>522d98ae</Data>

<Data>StackHash_0a9e</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>00000000</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>e0401a80</Data>

<Data />

<Data />

<Data>C:\Users\MY.NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC60E.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml</Data>

<Data>C:\Users\MY.NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_arma3.exe_bab9d449f8294ed57fbd69a5d0a9be22a84b9ac1_1359d089</Data>

<Data />

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>8a3ad2cb-21f2-11e3-ae54-002215685c32</Data>

<Data>1</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Edited by Fenumeher

that's WER stuff ... unimportant (unless it's all you have)

what we need more are data written by arma 3 engine

e.g. in

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\

*.rpt

*.bidmp

*.mdmp

from the moment of crash (compressed into archive to make it smaller ofc)

Ok, done. I just need someone's contact so I can mail it to him.

edit: I just got another dc so have 2 now to send :)

Did the same stuff on the same machine yesterday and it didnt kick me once.

Edited by Fenumeher

The same happened to me since the game updated to version 1.02. In the crashfiles there is error in Pysi3x_x86.dll mentioned. Had the same issues in an earlyier beta-state of the game. Hope BI will fix this asap.

Anybody have a solution for this? My server still kicking player, this problem is ruining my clan, I can not play 30 minutes without someone taking kick.

Anybody have a solution for this? My server still kicking player, this problem is ruining my clan, I can not play 30 minutes without someone taking kick.

Did anyone ever actually complain about being kicked? Generally you should assume that those kicks are the result of crashes (like "Client not responding"), so there is nothing to worry about unless proven otherwise.

Did anyone ever actually complain about being kicked? Generally you should assume that those kicks are the result of crashes (like "Client not responding"), so there is nothing to worry about unless proven otherwise.

Yes, i understand, but anyone, in the planet earth, have idea about this error? I tried deactive firewall, verify signatures, tadst, non tadst and nothing work. Cpu, ram, hdd never get 100%, i played yesterday with 5 friends, and still kicks more kicks and more kicks. one million player or one player get the steam ticket check fail. 10mb upload its enough for 30 player?

Yes, i understand, but anyone, in the planet earth, have idea about this error? I tried deactive firewall, verify signatures, tadst, non tadst and nothing work. Cpu, ram, hdd never get 100%, i played yesterday with 5 friends, and still kicks more kicks and more kicks. one million player or one player get the steam ticket check fail. 10mb upload its enough for 30 player?

Please read my last post again, the keyword is "crashes". This is simply a timeout error, nothing more. Many players crash from time to time as you can read on other threads on this forum and hence these kicks are nothing exceptional.

Resuming, its nothing to do about this error, play game and get crash every minute, excellent, crashmode=ON.

sounds like a network issue of some sort on your server, steamports ok?

try join join a another server and see if it still presist, also verify file inegrety on arma3 file.

im able to duplicate this error by shuting steam off after joined a server. but that is expected anyway.